This is 40 - Discussion***

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

[​IMG]

watched this fine comedy last night. My wife didn't liked it and called it 'horrible'. I laughed a lot. I think it hit closer to home than what my wife expected since I could see our lives up there in the screen in many scenes. Not a great comedy, but a good one using the same kind of raunchy humor you saw in "The Bridesmaids" and "Knock up". Marital life is portrayed like it is after 40: tense, humorous, complicated and with a lot of drama going on...particularly from the children. One of my favorite scenes, after the eldest daughter is grounded from all electronics and she cannot watch the last episode of "Lost", she explotes and curses her parents" "Fuck you!" afterwards the parents try to analyze why she used profanity for the first time in her life: wife: "where the fuck she learned to cuss, we don't talk like that!' Husband:"I have no fucking idea..." wife: "This is all J.J. Abrams fault...the fucking geek!" 8/10

2. BOSS

BOSS TBD

So this movie is NOT about Reed's waist line?

3. Panchyprsss

:scratcher:

4. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Bitchy Leslie Mann....:hump:

5. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

This movie has some hilarious moments and the lead couple are great together. However is it just me or is this another movie that's 20/30 minutes too long

6. Panchyprsss

Yup. It has 2 hours 13 minutes of running time. Movies like this must be 1 hour 30 minutes long. It is not The Avengers or The Hobbit to be that long. BTW I like Megan Fox here. She play a part that suits her: the film's T&A excuse.
    [​IMG]

7. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I really hate watching movies like these. I think I'd rather sit through a stupid horror film.

8. TKO

Panchy, it was entertaining and they got the casting spot on, but 2 hours in I got little bored. Agreed, 90 minutes max for a movie like this.

9. Panchyprsss

Yeah they should have cut off at least 30 minutes. All the main character's parents (John Lithgow and Albert Brooks) scenes were unnecesary and added nothing to advance the plot or make it funnier. The last scene at that club was a letdown too. I liked better the scenes with their children and at school. Those were the funnier.

10. TKO

Yup, the everyday family stuff was really funny. Overall it was enjoyable but 2hours+ makes me not want to see it again

11. *Z*

*Z* WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Saw this the other night, it sucked. It was long and not very funny. I expected it to at least be a little funny.

12. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

It was alright. I agree with TKO though, much too long.

13. Panchyprsss

I like the film because many of the family scenes were downright real. Like when you and your wife try to have sex and suddendly the kids start knocking on the door incesantly ruining the whole thing.