Freaks & Geeks

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

[​IMG]

Finished watching all the 18 episodes. This has to be the most entertaining tv show ever! What a shame the Magoo tv network cancelled such a brilliant show. I love these characters and would have loved to continue watching them grow in future seasons. This is the best high school tv series ever (along with My So Called Life another excellent show that lasted also only one season). I just can't understand why this magnificent show was axed (low ratings? dificult to imagine since if you watch one single episode you get hooked). There was an unsuccessful letter campaign to try to save the show, which the network axed after 12 episodes. The fans only accomplished that the remaining episodes were aired later at a different network. I remember when Fox axed Family Guy after three seasons, but two years later brought it back after they realized fans loved the show. Freaks & Geeks had no such fortune. All its actors continued to stay active with James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel having the better careers. The others continued mostly on tv. Linda Cardinelli is an excellent actress as Lindsey. Network tv more often than not is a wasteland of mediocrity, but sometimes a real gem surfaces. This is one of them. 9.5/10

2. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    franco was pretty good. seth rogen was awful.

3. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    i actually thought the best acting was done by martin starr. he played minor roles in adventureland and knocked up. i guess his career didn't exactly take off after the series was canceled.

4. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    One of my favorites Panchy, and yes it was ratings. Almost impossible to bring a live action show like that back once it gets axed, especially when nearly everyone involved goes on to other things almost right away.

5. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Agree. He was hilarious as Bill. Unfortunately he has the "looks" of a character actor, so that's what he'll do for the most part as long as he sticks around. He still seems to get a lot of work, because I see him pop up in stuff on a regular basis.

6. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    i thought it was great :bears: i seemed to be the only person i knew who watched it at the time

now a bunch of the actors have hit the big time and i feel cooler than everyone else for being the first to know who they are :bears:

7. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Cool, man!:bears: I missed this show when it first aired because at that time I was not watching any tv except for boxing. In a certain way I am glad I watched it now because if I had watched it then and later found out it was going to be cancelled, that would have been a terrible blow. I really, really love this show. Do you know that Linda Cardinelli played Velma in the two Scooby Doo live action movies? she also does the voice of Velma in every cartoon show done since.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    maybe i should download it and watch it all again