Saw Man of Steel Premiere Last Night...Spoilers Will Be Posted For Those Who Ask...And This Can Be M

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Buddy Rydell, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    I rested all day and felt well enough to sit up in a padded leather chair for a few hours, so I decided to go as my brother has had tickets for us for months (3D UltraAVX, primo seating, earliest showing). My brother and I have been waiting for this to come out for over a year, and it was pretty damn good. Personally, I felt that it didn't have the spirit of the 1978 movie, but maybe that's a good thing because it is definitely its own beast, a very very impressive beast. The special effects are the best ever for a superhero movie. Cavill is fantastic throughout the movie. Shannon as Zod is perhaps JUST under Ledger as Joker, which still makes this perhaps the second best villain performance of any superhero movie. I think it blows Iron Man 3 out of the water. Cavill plays Superman the way he should be played, and there is so much epic stuff done by Superman in this. It's not a one-trick pony: Costner and Lane as the Kents, very good and alright respectively. Amy Adams is the best Lois Lane ever, and her character is quite smart---she's not a ditz, she's the investigative reporter that Lois should be.

Words cannot describe how awesome and enormous in scope it is. It set the bar for superhero action, that's for sure. The music is well-suited. It isn't magical like John Williams' stuff, but that was a fairytale-type movie. This is a Superman who whups ass bigtime. I look forward to seeing it again. It has EXTREME rewatchability.

If you have questions, let me know.

2. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Wow Buddy. You got me hyped a litle more for this movie. It better live up to the expectations. How would be the comparison be to the Avengers?

3. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I wouldn't compare them. This isn't a bunch of established characters coming together to whup ass like the Avengers was. This focuses more on Superman's background in the beginning which makes sense since it's an origin story. Let's just say that after watching this, I have no doubt about who would win between the Marvel movies' Hulk and this movie's Superman. Thing is, the devastation caused by the fighting in this is what I would have imagined if the Hulk went truly nuts. The Superman vs Zod scenes are extremely intense.

4. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

What a fraud this cunt Rydell is.

5. Rainmaker

Home Page:
    What is wrong with you man? Just let it go you dickhead. Leave the past behind.

6. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

This isn't your fight, man.

7. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Just seen it. The action scenes were outstanding. I really liked the plot and the way they portrayed Clark. The acting was very good by all characters too and Cavill is very good as Superman. However, I thought it was a little too fast paced, like each scene emerged abit too quickly. Tough to explain. I thought Superman could have been introduced better. Was a bit like "oh right, he's Superman."

8. Jimmy

Oh, Amy Adams would get it! :hump:

9. Rainmaker

Home Page:
    I know. But I think Buddy is a cool guy and he doesn't deserve the shit that he is getting. Why don't you guys just settle this man? What does it take for you guys to stop the figting? Do you expect Buddy to apoligize for something? Do you expect him to make the first move?

10. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I expect him to stop behaving like an asshole.

11. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Rain, either he thinks I'm faking it, or he's just trying to start things up now that it looks like I'm getting better. Either way, it takes two to tango, and I said to Anthony and the others that I wouldn't respond, so I'll be sitting the dances out from now on.

I have been stuck at home or in the hospital for the past week. I was looking forward to this for the past year or so, so I went. It wasn't the most risk-averse thing to do, but I wanted to see it and it cheered me up. Now I'm back at home resting.

12. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    The exchange surrounding his name was cute though.

Serviceman (I'm paraphrasing): "They're with Superman now, sir!"

Army official: "Superman?"

Serviceman: "The alien---that's what they're calling him, sir!"

13. Jimmy

Yeah, that was funny.

14. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Buddy if you feel you need to respond, do it. You have every right to fight your battles. Do not stop on my account. Stop because you want to. If you want to go nuts do it.

15. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I'm a married man, but I know what you're saying. And they really gave Lois Lane a fair bit of screentime in this one.

16. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    That's just it, Anthony---I want to stop. Arguing isn't fun to me, and smacktalking stopped being fun for the most part years ago. These extended pissing contests are boring, so I'm just going to enjoy myself here in part by not responding.

The more I think about it, the more I realize it's not what I want to be associated with on here. I can't change other people, but if I don't respond and instead just talk with the guys here and have a few laughs, that's pretty much the reason I post on forums. I'm not going to respond to the negative crap that's geared just to get me to argue.

In fact, you said a day or two ago that you blame Andrew and me equally, which I think is coloured by your friendship with him ( I could be wrong and I won't debate the point if you feel differently). If I don't respond to either of them and don't engage, then I'm blameless and it's just the two of them trying to start up with me without getting a response. I'm tired of seeing everything I say get twisted, but meh---that's life.

I don't want to spend most of my time on here defending against attacks, so I'm just not going to defend them. I'm gonna talk with the people I get along with and not respond to those I don't. It just feels stupid to me to keep arguing and arguing and arguing. I'm just going to enjoy myself on the forums and talk about the topics.

Peace.

17. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

How could anyone read that and not conclude this guy's an asshole?

18. Jimmy

Super

19. Rainmaker

Home Page:
    Man of Steel makes $56 million in its first day. Wonder how panchy's review will be.

20. Rainmaker

Home Page:
  21. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Just saw it at IMAX/3d. pretty fucking epic. In part 2, i would love to know the number of people that died during the carnage. Has to be in the millions.

22. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I haven't watched it yet. :goingmad:I am dying to watch it, but have been extremely busy lately. Maybe I can escape to the movies next weekend.

23. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    That will probably be one of the central themes to the next movie. Glad to see someone enjoyed it as much as I did. I've seen a bunch of people who have complained that it wasn't Christopher Reeve, that it wasn't as lighthearted, etc. To those people, I would say, "If you want Christopher Reeve, go back and watch those movies. Different movies for different times."

This was asskicker Superman. It had a lot of great qualities to it. Was it perfect? No, but what is?

24. Anthony

Motherfucker
    well people complain it wasnt light hearted and shit, but it's clear this movie was all about establishing who superman the man is. He wasnt really superman the savior of everything that happens. He is still learning himself. He wasnt stopping robbers and shit. With all the background info and the amount of character development, im amazed as much action that was placed in this movie. Everything people want, could potentially be in the sequel. In this movie, everything is still too new for supes to be comfortable enough to joke and shit. He wasnt even sure if he was wanted here on Earth.

25. Rainmaker

Home Page:
    Never in my life have I been so hyped for a movie. This is bizar.

26. Rainmaker

Home Page:
    Some asshole critic complained that Superman saved no one. What a dickhead. Superman saved the entire human race from extinction in the movie.

27. Rainmaker

Home Page:
    I haven't seen the movie. The movie will be in theaters june 20th.

28. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Clark saved many people during his pre superman days. Superman saved the whole earth basically. But never did individual saving. He didnt have time. He was basically forced into the superman role by Zod. He wasnt ready for it.

29. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I saw it today. Decent. Not great.

30. ChrisKen77

ChrisKen77 WBC Champion

Let me preface this post by saying I have never really enjoyed superhero movies, ever. With that said, my old man talked me into this one as a late Father's Day get-together...and I enjoyed the shit out of this film. I thought the intro and story-building at the beginning was very good and gave you the full scope of Superman's importance on Earth.

There were a few times I thought to myself that the pace of the movie was wrong, and then all of the sudden epic action came out of nowhere. I wasn't convinced that this was an above-average movie until I discussed it afterwards with the people I went to the theater with. For someone like myself who NEVER goes to the movies, I got the re-assurance from movie buffs that told me I wasn't overreacting...just that the movie really did live up to the hype.

Not for nothing, I enjoyed myself tonight and will go back and watch the superhero movies I have yet to see. That includes everything except for the Spider-Man films. I still have yet to see any of the new Batman movies or The Avengers, but this one at least has inspired me to embrace the genre. I know I'm late to the party, but this installment of Superman will make Best Buy some money from me in future DVD purchases.

The Zod character was played well, Lois Lane was far better than that bat-shit crazy Kidder woman I remember as a child and the lead was surprisingly good as well. All in all, I'm not a movie watcher, but had a lot of fun at the IMAX tonight. I would recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it for sure.