WILLOW SMITH PULLS OUT OF ANNIE REMAKE

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by lb 4 lb, Jun 17, 2013.

1. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

You got to respect her for this move. Apparently after having a difficult time being on tour for her whip my hair single. Willow tells her dad "how about I just be twelve?" She has officially pulled out of the Annie film. Her music career is on hold as well. This girl really seems to have her head on her shoulders but what's really impressive about her to me is the fact that she started to distance herself from the whip my hair style of commercial music and has now embraced making the kind of music she wants to make which has been discribed as dark and carries little commercial aspiration. I listened to her latest single and was very impressed. I thought this was a beautiful song.

[video=youtube;jT3nwq0ek28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT3nwq0ek28[/video]

2. lb 4 lb

Here's the article about her pulling out.

http://madamenoire.com/260953/how-a...-willow-smith-pulled-out-of-annie-production/

Couple of the cooler quotes from the article from Will Smith who seems to have learned a thing or two:

“Willow was supposed to be doing ‘Annie,’ we got Jay-Z to do the movie, got the studio to come in and Willow had such a difficult time on tour with ‘Whip my Hair’ and she said, ‘You know Daddy, I don’t think so’ and I said, ‘Baby, hold up! I said no,no,no, listen, you’ll be in New York with all of your friends and Beyoncé will be there. You will be singing and dancing,’ and she looked at me and said, ‘Daddy, I have a better idea, how about I just be 12.’”
    “I’m really learning through Willow the necessity that we have to snap ourselves back and refocus on the emotional needs of the people that we love. Someone’s emotional needs can be very very different from your dreams and what you think they should be doing and where they are supposed to be.”

3. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Damn,that was a slap in the face to his dad. He's almost forcing those kids into choosing a movie star career.

4. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Great, so we have another obscenely privileged, depressed EMO rich kid. Maybe she can do the tween version of "Less Then Zero" instead, or "The Great Gatsby of Bel Air".

:pray:

5. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

aka...my dad and bro just bomb in the box office......my ugly as is going to remake one of Hollywood's classic and belove film(not my opinion)....nobody wants to see my fugly ass as Annie...just saying..

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

agREED....

NATHAN Sucks Worse than a SILVER SPOON Having Child, who Grows Up Depressed, BITCHING about Everything...Willow Seems to Be WELL on her Way....Another "Child Star Tragedy" in the Making....

REED:shit:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Yep...

Even Willow's "Quote" was Probably Drafted by an AGENT or the Smith Family Themselves...12 Year Olds NEVER Say, "I just Want to Be 12".....They LACK the Foresight to Think on THAT Level...STARRING in a Movie, Working w/Jay-Z & Beyonce???....Most 12 Year Old Black Girls would KILL for that Opportunity...

It's All Toooooo Convenient, Given the Box Office Take for "After Earth"....

REED:shit:

8. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Will should make his kid apprentice as a cobbler with Daniel Day-Lewis in some backwater Eastern European Mountain Country, where nobody recognizes who she is.

Show her what being a 12 year-old in some places is really like. :nono:

9. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:

yeh exactly
    if the quote was "i just want to play with my friends" or something then it would be more believable

10. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Isn't Annie a red haired white girl?

TFK

11. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Stop living in the past you racist bastard !! Although I would like to see black actors potray not only the "good" whites but also some "bad" ones. I would love to see a movie about WW2 with a black Hitler!

12. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Ya I agree with you guys there is now she actually said that . Like REED said 12 year olds don't talk like that. It sounds so manufactured it's silly. Daddy and bro's movie bombed so they're doing damage control as simple as that.

13. lb 4 lb

Jeez some people are never satisfied. Everyone bitches about the commercial crappy whip my hair music and then when she goes on and makes her own brand of music people still find stuff to bitch about. I guess the Smith's just can't get a break.

This is a pretty good theory. There's just one problem, she pulled out of Annie in February several months before big brother's movie was even released. Jeez people not everything is a conspiracy. Although I do agree with REED about the actual quote. I thought it sounded a bit manufactured when I first read it also.

14. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    I was just being a cynical cunt, lb for lb.. I can't get mad at a 12 year-old. :lol:

15. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

'I want to be a 12 year old'? That is straight outta the mouth of a 45 year old PR 'guru'

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Absolutely...

When You're 12, You CAN'T Wait to Do "Grown Up" Shit...For a Young, Black, Female Aspiring Singer, it Gets NOfuckingBETTER than Working on a Project w/Beyonce...There's SOMETHING Else Behind the Reasoning, than "Can't I just Be 12"....

REED:kidcool:

17. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

True, but in the Name of CHANGE, in the Name of PROGRESS, the Plan was for Willow to Pay a SILENT Tribute to Al Jolson, by Portraying Little Orphan Annie in WHITE Face....

REED:kidcool:

18. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Maybe somebody controlling the money decided it was a crappy idea to remake that shitty concept in the first place.

19. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I want to see Adam Sandler play Shaft. If we can have a black Little Orphan Annie and a black Ralph Kramden, we can have a white jew Shaft.

TFK

20. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

You might be on to something. With the shortage of roles for them in Hollywood, how else are white jew comics supposed to find a job, if they don't branch out into other areas.

21. lb 4 lb

Well I'm not saying all that. I was just talking about the quote. Like the article said she's been dealing with a lot of pressure from the success of whip my hair. The touring and the pressure from record companies trying to get her to make another hot single. That kind of stuff is hard enough on adults, so to ask a 12 year old to do it, I can see where it would be easy for her to say she rather just be a kid. I mean it's an easy way out. Hell, you deal with that kind of stuff on a day to day basis you be like, man, school is way easier than this.

So no, I don't think there's some alterior reasoning behind all this. Like she got fired or whatever. I really believe she got pushed into the kid star stuff by her parents and it's all moving too fast for her and she doesn't really want to do that right now. Of course if she starts doing a different movie later then I guess I'm wrong.

22. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious WBC Champion

Willow is the daughter of Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith.