Second 100-Day Challenge Started Today...

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Buddy Rydell, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    Now that my pneumonia is a thing of the past, I have decided to do a new challenge focusing on the things that started showing instant results. Today is Day 1: I jogged 5km, and did the first day of the squat and crunch challenge. Posting about this keeps me motivated. I'm currently 190.2, and we'll see where I get from there. I have tons more energy to play with my son after losing 33lbs, so there's nowhere to go but down, poundage-wise. :hammert:

2. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Where you at, Hanzy? Somehow I went up 2lbs overnight. It was humid as hell yesterday. Today I did another 5km and the second day of the squat and crunch challenge. You have to do it early in the morning or else it hangs over your head for the rest of the day. I think I might be 165 by the time I finish up in mid-October.

3. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 3: This was pretty cool. My young lad heard I was going on a jog and he wanted to go with me, and he did. After losing the weight I lost, I feel great and went for a jog in the country with my son. It's things like this that I train for---a chance to be healthy, enjoy time with my family, and now pass along the benefits of getting and staying in shape. I hope everyone else is having a good day. Happy training! :rock1:

4. ChrisKen77

ChrisKen77 WBC Champion

Good for you, man. I read some of what you were going through, and if everything is on the up-and-up, keep killing it bro. I've never been stricken with anything of major consequence, but the way I live my life is reckless at best. I'm a dude in perfect shape, but hearing about others who can overcome gives me some light to slow down a bit before something goes south.

5. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Dude, the pneumonia a little while ago was an eye opener. I've had it before, but that was when I was much younger and it wasn't to the extent where it looked like I was going to die. I definitely appreciate my time with my family more, and I was off all last week, relaxing with my wife and kid and just being thankful that I could do stuff with them.

I think that being in much better shape helped me pull it through. I was 30lbs lighter than 3-4 months previous, and I believe that being in good shape helped my body bounce back quickly from the bacteria. I still lost an additional 5lbs from the illness, but I'm kind of going back and forth between 188-192. I am just starting to run long distances again, and that will help because I really think that with a height of 5ft7 or so, I should be around 165-175 with my bodyfat percentage fairly low.

Day 4: Time on the trampolines with my son, went for a jog, and got ready for my trip back to work. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be guns a-blazing at the gym. I need to shake more of this 41-year-old babyfat off. :lol:

6. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    It's funny---because of the way the board is set up, I'll be posting in 10 hours from work and that will be tomorrow to me, but it will be listed on here as the same day. Ah well, it must be on Euro-time.

7. ChrisKen77

ChrisKen77 WBC Champion

Keep kickin' ass my man. Good to hear about people healing through positive attitude and hard work. My mother just beat breast cancer and was as positive as anyone. Good luck with your recovery brother.

8. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Glad to hear it, dude. Sucks that your mom had it in the first place, but good that she pulled through. It's scary stuff---cancer. My cousin wasn't so lucky a week ago with lung cancer.

9. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Rydell was lying about his level of sickness.

10. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    SD, I said to Anthony and others a few weeks ago that I wasn't going to get into arguments with you or cdogg. That still holds, dude.

Whatever disagreement or 'fyewd' you hold against me is your ongoing baggage, but it's not mine.

I'll discuss things with people who want to do so on the forum, and I'll also have a laugh with people capable of doing so, but I'm just not going to bicker. You have issues with me, fine. There's no reason for it and there's no point to it because I'm just not going to retaliate.

Regardless of the times you've said things to me or about me that I didn't like, I've let it go and moved on. This is the last that I'll address you because it will just lead to another argument, so take care and best of luck.

11. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Hanzy, Hanzy, Hanzy...what happened, dude? You used to wonder if I could make it through a 100-day challenge. I'm on my second challenge and I'm not even hearing from you. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. Each month of the challenge, I'm doing a couple of 30-day challenges in the morning. Today I'm on Day 6 of the Squat and Crunch challenge. You can find them on Facebook if you look up The Fit Community. Let us know how your training's going. :laugh11:

12. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

This thread is a real piece of shit.

13. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Day 6: 75 free squats touching fingers to floor and 45 crunches to start off the day. Using tabatas, I did 40 sets for chest, abs, and neck at lunchtime.

Hanzy, LOK, BOSS, et al,
    What kind of training are you doing lately? I do my sets non-stop with 20 seconds of as many reps as possible and then 10 second rest, followed by another set until the exercise is done after 4-5 sets. It takes a bit longer as I switch from exercise to exercise, but it's a great workout for anyone who has only a bit of time.

14. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Switched to 75% bodyweight exercises (pushups, pullups, dips, handstand pushups and hanging leg raises at home) for the last 6 months. Gained 15 pounds after christmas and lost over 20 since then.

Neglected lower back a little bit and hurt my back badly when starting deadlifting again last weekend. Had to walk on all four to the toilet for one night. Getting better rapidly now.

6'2 180lbs and in better shape than all of ya besides slystaff and bigdawg... not counting the back pain. :lol:

15. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Buddy..good work man!

I am doing the same callenges that you are doing here and my daughter is doing it with me

Along with that I've stared experimenting with intermittent fasting with great results!

16. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I haven't considered fasting---particularly in this weather. Today is Day 12 and I'm about 194 or so. I'm not pushing it because it is unusually hot and humid here. I'm just going to make sure I stay focused because sooner or later, the pounds are going to come off. I plan on jogging like usual, but Saturday was a scorcher here. I have never sweated so much in my life. Training is good. I'm carrying out a modified form of tabatas and targeting my core. Hope everyone else's training is going well.

17. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

What kind of sporting event are you "training" for?

18. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

This fuckin' pussy can't even job when it's hot out. :atu:

19. LOK

Buddy check out lean gains...

I thought I'd experiment and it is really amazing

20. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Is it a website or a book? I've never heard of it.

21. LOK

A website and there are books out there on it as well
    Google "leangains"

22. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Okey doke. I will. As for today, had a meeting at lunchtime, so the usual trip to the gym was a no-go. Looks like I'll hit the ol' jogging trail when I get home, and then it's off to the gym for an evening workout! Happy Training!

23. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Happy training guys!

24. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    Always nice to have well-wishers in this thread. :lol:

25. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    LOK, I ran my rear-end off and I'm getting lighter again. I'm gonna try and do at least 8km a day for two weeks. I think I could break 185.

26. LOK

I am as well Buddy...this is the first time in a long time I'm under 200!

27. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    It's hard to drop the weight when you've got a fair amount of muscle from weight lifting. I'm gonna try just cardio for a little while.

28. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Actually it's not - it's much harder to get lean (as in burning fat only) - if you just wanna lose weight, your body doesn't give two shits if it's muscle or fat. I'd even think it's easier to lose muscle.

29. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    I haven't found that. In 2004, I went down to 169, and I found it easier to lose fat. The muscle is stubborn and stays on, or at least that was my experience. Then again, I was on a high-protein, low-carb diet.

30. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

You're a faggot.