The Wolverine review

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

[​IMG]

The Wolverine Just returned from the movie theater and these are my impressions: a HUGE improvement over the last chapter of the Wolverine saga, X-Men Origins: WolverinL. Finally the character of Logan/Wolverine is fleshed out properly and is no longer a one-liner two dimensional superhero. The film is a direct follow-up of X-Men: The last Stand as we see Logan still mourning the death of Jean Grey. The plot takes him to Japan where he meets an old acquaintance who wants to help him gain mortality. You can see all that in the trailers. The film has top notch fight stunts, some of the most realistic and exciting fight scenes you have ever seen in a X-Men. Honorable mention to the japanese chick with red hair who kicked butt with finese and coolness. The film doesn't rely too heavily on special effects until the final part of the film which unfortunately turns into a we-have-seen-this-a-hundred-times climax, which is too bad since up to then The Wolverine was flirting with greatness. Director James Mangold (3:10 to Yuma, Walk The Line) does a magnificent job here giving our old friend Logan a sense of freshness something the franchise needed badly after the stinker of X-Men Origins. Stay for the after the credits bonus scene since it is like a preview of X-Men: Days of Future Past. Too bad the opening weekend numbers weren't bigger since this is one of the best films of the summer. 8/10

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  2. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Cool....I might go see Tuesday or Wednesday....

3. Panchyprsss

Oh, another I forgot to mention: here we finally see the Wolverine going in a furious rampage and killing LOTS of people in the process. More grim than previous entries. Don't bring small children to this one since is very violent.

4. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Whaddaya mean violent? Violent as in seeing Wolverine stab people, or is there actual blood in this one? It is PG-13 after all.

5. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Saw it. Liked it.

6. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    :lol: best review ever!

7. Panchyprsss

There is blood shown, not like in The Expendables 2 which was R-rated though.

8. D.C. Pizza Master

D.C. Pizza Master Undisputed Champion

Head Pizza Chef and Manager
    alot of people bashing the first Wolverine....but honestly...i preferred that one much more....LOL...maybe its because there were other comic book characters featured and just seemed more interesting to me....anyhow they both were average movies and i recommend not going to the movie theater to see this one...just wait until it gets onto on deman....my rating is a 5.9 out of 10.....the first Wolverine I gave a 6..LOL

9. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Anything with badass Yakuza in it sounds good to me.

10. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    can download a rip now

this movie is ok but the first one was a lot more fun and probably more rewatchable, i feel

11. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

As bad as the first one is I can't disagree with your statement at all. And yet I consider the second one a better film if for no other reason than it is a lot less ridiculous than the first. Just don't ask me to watch it ever again.

12. Panchyprsss

In the Blu-ray release on December 03 there will be an interesting deleted scene from the movie's ending where Logan is given a suitcase which he opens at the airplane and it showcases the iconic comicbook mask & costume. That is incredibly cool. Too bad it was deleted, which means the idea was rejected and we will never see him with that costume.
    [​IMG]