Lee Daniel's The Butler review

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

[​IMG]
    Lee Daniel's The Butler I will probably will be crucified after writing this, but this most be the most overhyped mediocre movie I have seen in years. Forrest Whitaker does a nice quiet performance which is about the only rewarding aspect of this extremely slow, long, preachy, politically correct film. The rest of the actors, in a who's who list of stars in cameo roles are here just for a pay job. Oprah Winfrey probably has the worst acting part and is just Oprah in costume. My wife, who for months was hyped to watch this film, after 30 minutes told me, 'this is boring'. With about 15 more minutes before the end we walked out. Not that is a bad movie, but not worth staying more than two hours of the same thing. If this is considered a 'sure Oscar contender' and 'Best of Picture of The Year' then 2013 was probably an awful year for movies. Hopefuly between now and December 31 better films will be released to erased the memory of this half-baked self-important little film.6/10

2. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    The many factual errors in this movie is what turned it off for me. The acting was ok.

3. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Yup. That was really annoying. And by having the Butler's son present in every single relevant incident during the civil rights moment era was too much. I can accept that in a comedy like Forrest Gump, but not in a drama.

4. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Forrest gump isnt a comedy, but i get what you mean. One is suppose to fiction and the other is non-fiction.

5. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    I like some of Daniels other movies, but this one just doesn't interest me. Looks like a movie Tyler Perry might try to make in order to be taken more seriously, and Forrest is one of my favorite actors.