The To Do List review

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

[​IMG]
    The To Do List 2013- From the mildly promising trailer I was expecting a funnier film. Instead what I watch is what could be the raunchiest most explicit (in language) crude humour this side of the toilet. Set in 1993, Aubrey Plaza is spot on the right choice to portray Brandy Klark, a clueless high School graduate valedictorian who was too consumed by her school grades to bother to discover sex. She gets aroused at the sight of Rusty, the local pool lifesaver hunk and decides that her summer homework will be to know everything about sex before asking Rusty to deflower her. She creates a list of to do sexual experimentation with any willing guy she can find. The results turns out more gross than funny. Like I said, Aubrey Plaza has the comedic chops and that average girl look to pass as the smart girl no one wanted to hit. Unfortunately the screenplay and the direction, by Maggie Carey in her first big screen directorial debut, isn't on par with its star's performance. Plaza deserved a better movie vehicle than this fiasco. Hot babe Rachel Bilson is criminally underused here even though she gets f@#* in her last scene. And for a movie so verbally explicit about sex, there is absolutely no nudity here. Had the strong crude language and a couple of scenes be edited this could have been a PG-13 film. No wonder this film bombed at the box office. Aubrey Plaza's brave performance gets a B+ while the film gets a D- 5/10

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wUZFjuNElWc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013