DC & Marvel movies news

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Guillermo Del Toro, who is currently working on a DC superhero team movie (not the one you think), stated that he is currently at Warner Bros and the studio has plans for ALL the DC universe to be brought to the screen, and that yes, a Justice League movie is the drawing board regardless if some films, like Green Lantern, wasn't a big hit, and that all the DC characters including the ones on tv (ARROW) and upcoming ones will be all interconnected.

On Marvel news, Elizabeth Olsen, the younger sister of the Olsen twins, confirmed that she will indeed be playing Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlett Witch in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron" and that Kick-Ass film actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson will play her brother, Pietro aka Quicksilver. And on 'Thor' related news, apparently Anthony Hopkins is calling quits on continuing portraying Odin since he just told MTV, "I have done two, that's enough."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Thanks panchy. Del Toro is one of the best directors in the business so that is good news.

3. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Do you think del toro likes to eat at del taco?

4. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Don't like both choices for Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver.

5. Panchyprsss

I think Aaron Taylor-Johnson is perfect for the role if they dye his hair silver white. He has the right physique for the role, plus he can act. On the other hand I am disappointed about Ms No Curves Olsen.

6. Panchyprsss

CW has ordered a tv pilot for FLASH starring Glee alumni Grant Gustin. Originally the character was set to be introduced in ARROW season 2 episode 20. Gustin already appeared as Barry Allen in two prior episodes. DC and CW then opted to go straight ahead with Flash being introduced on his own tv pilot instead. That said, IMO Gustin looks too young and too skinny, but hey they can put him in a 'muscular' costume like the one from the 90's.

[​IMG]

How Gustin might look with the mask

[​IMG]

7. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

flash is lame. like aquaman, it's one of those characters that will never make a successful transition to live action

8. Joe King

Player
    I think Flash and Aquaman could be good franchises unlike Green Lantern.

9. Haymaker

green lantern has potential, they just screwed the movie with shit casting and weak script

10. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

They did a Flash tv show in 07 that only lasted 22 episodes. What makes them think this one will fare any better. Also I disagree Aquaman could be a good franchise. It's not so much based on how lame Aquaman is (although that's a big factor too) but moreso his environment being underwater. That would be too expensive to do because whether you actually do it underwater or with CGI'd water it's going to be too expensive.

11. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    :laugh11:

12. Joe King

Player
    The Flash TV show was done in because of the special effects. It is much more cost friendly to do it now.

Aquaman could do 2 successful movies I believe. The studios shoot themselves in the foot because they end up doing one or two movies too many.

13. lb 4 lb

Why do you think an Aquaman movie would be good? His super powers are communicating with sea creatures and holding his breath indefinitely. It might be cool if he had super strength or at least swam super fast or basically flew underwater but as far as I could tell he was pretty much an ordinary man aside from the 2 lame powers I mentioned. The Sub Mariner would be a much better choice, but of course then that would be a Marvel film not DC.

14. Panchyprsss

LB 4 LB: the FLASH tv series was done on 1990, not 07. The series was a very good one, one of the best tv series based on a comicbook superhero. It had great production values for a tv series of 1990 (Danny Elfman composed the music theme, Stan Winston studio (Terminator, Jurassic Park) built the suit, Howard Chaykin a well known comicbook writer who had penned many Flash comicbook stories was one of its writers. What killed the show was that it was too expensive and didn't produced the kind of ratings the CBS network was hoping for. After its cancellation the one hour tv episodes were edited into 30 minutes two-parters and aired for years in many countries were it became very popular. This character needs a cable network home, like HBO or Showtime were 'weak ratings' will not affect its run.

Regarding Aquaman, that is a difficult character to translate into the small screen on a tv budget. There is already an unaired tv pilot made a couple of years ago that was shelved because it got the character all wrong. It was basically a teenager version of 'The Man From Atlantis' and was headed towards a marine CSI crime of the week. I watched it online and sucked big time mainly because it had practically no resemblance at all with its comicbook source. Ving Rhames and Lou Diamond Phillips were in it too. I agree that Namor is a better character and honestly I hope one day Marvel can do a faithful movie about the Submariner.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GvmB8uCSRMQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  15. Panchyprsss

It was reported in Variety that three actress have auditioned for a role in the upcoming 'Batman vs Superman' film. Per the casting description "tall, brunette, athletic and exotic" many are speculating this might be a casting for Wonder Woman who most likely will have a role in this film. The actresses auditioning are “Fast and Furious” Gal Gadot, “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” Elodie Yung and Olga Kurylenko. Jamie Alexander is out of the equation due to contracts with Marvel in the 'Thor' films. Olga Kurylenko is my pick from these three (cross my fingers).

[​IMG]

16. Panchyprsss

And the winner is...

Fast & Furious Gal Gadot, ironically the skinniest of them all! Someone, please, give this girl some food! Geez even Michelle Rodriguez has more curves than this former Miss Israel. I guess Zack Snyder will make her body CGI to make her look a little curvy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  17. Joe King

Player
    She's one of the better choices, I'm cool with it.

18. Panchyprsss

I have seen bikini photos of Gal Gadot and honestly she will look terrible as Wonder Woman unless (a) she gains 20 pounds or (b) Zack Snyder revamps the whole Wonder Woman costume (like he did with Superman) and creates a new look...like an armor or something. And since they will have Superman, Batman and now Wonder Woman in the same film I think that they should just go ahead and called the film "Justice League".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  19. Joe King

Player
    The girl in your sig would be a good Wonder Woman. Gaining 20 pounds for a role is a dream for any actress.

20. Haymaker

Exactly. I don't know why they are still calling this film "Superman".

21. Panchyprsss

Renee Zellwagger did it for 'Brigitte Jones Diary'.

22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

There's ALOT of Creative Potential w/Aquaman, in REED's Opinion...AntMan Too...Would Likely Require ABSURD Budgets that Can't Be Fulfilled @ the Box Office, but REED would be VERY Interested in Seeing It, Nonetheless...

23. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    <iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eDCUmDhABRg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24. Panchyprsss

Here is a better quality one

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V0kvdi3GGA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

25. Panchyprsss

WB is negotiating with Joaquin Phoenix to be cast as Lex Luthor in the 'Man of Steel' follow-up. Paul Rudd has been cast as the lead in Marvel's 'Ant-Man' film. Joseph Gordon-Levitt will star in a big budget 'Sandman' adaptation.

26. Panchyprsss

In an underwater monarchs showdown who wins to claim the throne of Atlantis? Prince Namor or Aquaman? both are half-human though, but somehow were heir apparent to the crown.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  27. Panchyprsss

I found this conversation between Wonder Woman and Power Girl hilarious
    [​IMG]

Batman recruiting...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED's Admittedly More FAMILIAR w/Aqua Man, but Always Thought Namor was EDGIER...Rest Assured, If Marvel Releases Namor 1st & it's Successful, DC will Follow Suit...Or Vice Versa...

29. Panchyprsss

30. lb 4 lb

Dumbest decision ever. I get needing a quality actor and even understand that most of them are old; but Michael Douglas' old wrinkled ass? This would have been a good idea about 20 years ago. I actually had to check the link to make sure this was for real.