The Amazing Spiderman 2 Trailer

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b6Kq4s0GPfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    I like the actors involved and will watch it but I'm not expecting much to be honest. Especially from that trailer.

3. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    The CGI looks terrible.

4. Panchyprsss

Yup. Crossing my fingers that these scenes are not the final ones and the CGI can be polished a little bit more.

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED liked the 1st Flick of the Re-Boot BETTER than he Anticipated, but are we 1nce Again Going the Oz Corp Route???...Let REED Guess, @ the END of the Flick, his Friend Harry will Become the Green Goblin????:wack:...

6. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Well that is what he does.

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Thought just the Spiderman CHARACTER was being Re-Booted, Not the Fucking PLOTS Too:limp:!!!...He Actually DID Save the World from MORE Villains that just the Green Goblin....

8. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    it would be cool to have just Venom as the villain for the entire movie

9. Anthony

Motherfucker
    lol yup. But why does Hollywood need to try? They will make millions on this movie and they didnt have to put much effort into it.

10. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Looks excellent !!!!!

11. Andrew

Andrew "Twinkle Toes" McJack

My first thoughts too. Shit PS4 games look more real than the shit in that trailer.

12. Rainmaker

Home Page:
    New trailer

[video=youtube;4XHA9OcJ1gg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XHA9OcJ1gg[/video]

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Looks Good...REED was Concerned about OzCorp 1nce Again Being a Factor in the Plot, but Looks like Jamie Foxx Carries the Villain Role in this Flick...Can't Wait to See It...

14. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Hollywood will eat itself. Sequels of remakes of remakes of adaptations of adaptations.

15. Rainmaker

Home Page:
    I agree that they are not really original. As lomg as they make entertaining movies it is oke with me.

16. Rainmaker

Home Page:
    We will be seeing an animated version of Jamie for a big part of the movie. Just like Dr Manhatten from Watchmen.

17. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Of all the Marvel movies (inc. 2002-07), they seem to constantly fuck up this, probably Marvel's flagship character.
    Why? :dunno:

18. Panchyprsss

Marvel doesn't own the film rights to the character.

19. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Not ever? WTF is that all about??

20. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Troy from Community should have been the new SPiderman. Spice that shit up a bit.

21. Panchyprsss

Is a long complicated story (I already wrote about this in the Marvel/DC news thread). In a nutshell, Marvel sold the rights to Spiderman to Sony Pictures. As long as they keep making movies, Marvel will not get the character back. Marvel get some credit, but not much input nor any royalties, but Sony contractually has to display the Marvel logo in the credits. If the films bombs and Sony decides not to do anything with Spiderman during a certain period of time THEN the rights can revert back to Marvel (like it did with 'Daredevil' and almost happened with Fantastic Four), but the chances that happens with Spidey are very slim.

22. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

It's interesting that, IMO anyway, the Spider-Man movies just don't come across as the X-Men / Iron-Man / Avengers movies....but I can't imagine it's all because of 'rights'?

23. Panchyprsss

Just keep in mind that Ironman, Avengers, Thor, etc were made from start to finish by Marvel itself who knows and cares a lot about their characters versus Sony which is run by suits who don't give two damns about the character's integrity or film quality, but only that it has the right formula to make lots money. It is Marvel fans wet dream that Spiderman rights could return to Marvel so he can be done right AND appear with other Marvel characters in other films (to me the best team-ups in comicbooks were Spiderman vs Daredevil and Spiderman vs Human Torch and his occasional cameos in Avengers and Fantastic Four).

24. Panchyprsss

[​IMG]
    The Amazing Spiderman 2 Just finished watching this film and I was not amused. Not as bad as critics are saying, but neither is a very good film like hardcore fans are claiming. Watching this film felt more like a chore than anything else. When you start looking at your watch checking how much long before this is over you know you are not being entertained. Here are a few things this reboot sequel got wrong: too much things going on at the same time left you with film fatigue, CGI effects were 'Transformers-like' in many instances in the sense that your brain had a hard time trying to grasp everything that was tossed in front of your eyes which gave me a terrible headache by the end of the film, too many villains (didn't they learned anything from Spiderman 3?), too many climaxes...just when you thought, "ok this sucker is over now, BANG! another villain shows up demanding another showdown with Spidey; REPETITION...you know, Harry Osbourne + Oscorp = Green Goblin. The actor that played Harry was very good, but by making him a ruthless sinister character from the get go makes you don't give a damn about the time he faces off with Peter Parker in costume. The best thing about it is the relationship between Gwen Stacey & Peter Parker. Emma Stone did a magnificent job and Andrew Garfield made you care. Since these two actors are a real life couple their scenes looked natural and believable. Also some Spidey point-of-view shots were cool, but this wasn't enough to save this flawed film. The ending is supposed to leave you craving for a sequel. In my case left me with a moan, "Please, don't!" 5/10

25. Panchyprsss

I also need to add that many things from this film were blatantly stolen from other films like for example, Jamie Fox character of a nerdy company wiz kid who idolized the superhero only to transform later and became an archenemy was too close to Jim Carey's The Riddler in Batman Forever plus a couple of scenes with Electro was straight from Dr. Manhattan in WATCHMEN.

26. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

I watched this last night and although I hated the first 20 mins or so (too much cheesiness and silly humor), I got into it a lot more than I expected.
    Still hate the OTT, swinging-about-on-a-web and shouting "Whoo-Hooooo!" all the time and I hated that twat who played Harry Osborne.

But overall, not bad for a Marvel Comics movie

7/10

27. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I agree the Harry Osbourne actor felt like a huge case of miscasting and I think he actually kind of dragged the film down for me. He just didn't feel right.