Walking away from explosions thread

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

We have seen hundreds of times the tired cliché in action films the obligatory scene where the hero walks away calmly without looking back at the big explosion behind him in glorious slow motion. Can anyone pin-point which movie was the very first to achieve this milestone? I remember the first film I saw a scene like that and thought it was so cool, but not the next ones. The one I first saw it wasn't even an action film! LOL so maybe that wasn't the first one. Anyone knows?:dunno:

2. BOSS

BOSS TBD

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MNZZhTXw72M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

It's become such a cheesy cliche that anytime I see it in a movie, said movie gets docked 1 point in my film review.

4. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Some people said it was the gas station explosion in ROBOCOP the first 'walking from explosion without looking back', but to me that doesn't count since Robocop wasn't concerned with anything at that point. The first film I saw the now cliché was in the chick flick 'Waiting to Exhale' (1995) where in the Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned scene, Angela Basset torches her cheating boyfriend's sport car.

[​IMG]