From Dusk Til Dawn tv series

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Robert Rodriguez recently launched El Rey Network, a 24 hour programing English tv channel aiming at Latino audiences. The highlight in the programing is the movie inspired 'From Dusk Til Dawn' series which will follow closely the plot of the original movie that starred George Clooney, Harvey Keitel, Quentin Tarantino & Juliette Lewis among others. The first season will follow the exploits of bank robbers brothers Seth Gecko (DJ Cotrona) & Richie Gecko (Zane Holtz) as they escape to Mexico, end up in a strip club full vampires and do battle with them.

[​IMG]

2. Panchyprsss

I have been watching this series on Netflix. Not bad. Not great. Just as cheesy as the film and even more gory if you can imagine that. The character of Santanico Pandemonium is more important here than in the movie and the actress that plays her, Eiza Gonzalez, looks like a younger, albeit thinner, version of Salma Hayek. The dude that plays Seth Gecko, DJ Cotrona, does spot on George Clooney imitation that is eerie the way he captures Cooney's mannerisms. Zane Holtz is not as good as Richie Gecko, but neither was Tarantino. I always welcome Robert Patrick in anything and he is competent as the ex-preacher that Harvey Keitel portrayed. The series expands on the plot of the film while remaining faithful to it. Guilty pleasure viewing if you loved the film.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DlyIE5gMvxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. osfan

osfan Undisputed Champion

Panchy, what other shows/series are on your list?

4. Panchyprsss

Not much.

Just Boardwalk Empire season 5, but that is on HBO, not Netflix. I used to rewatch Battlestar Galactica, but I don't know if is still on Netflix. My wife is hooked on 'Orange is the new Black', but that kind of series doesn't interest me. Just waiting for House of Cards to be back with new episodes. On Showtime 'Penny Dreadful' is awesome.