Argento's Dracula 3-D

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

[​IMG]
    Argento's Dracula 3-D Italian horror 'master' Dario Argento directed this new retake on the already seen a trillion times tale of Bram Stoker's vampire Dracula. While in what looks at times like a love letter to the Hammer Films Dracula classic, this poorly done low budget effort can't past its creator's urge for exploitation of gratuitous sex, gorefest and full frontal nudity of his own daughter, Asia Argento. Not the first time though, so is a little sickening. A very old Rutger Hauer shows up close to the last 35 minutes of the film as Dr. Van Helsing, vampire slayer, to do his bloody duty. The film special effects are really bad and laughable at times (Dracula turns into a giant praying mantis in one scene to kill one character). The best scene of the film is when a group of town people are secretly plotting to destroy the count when he burst into the room as a swarm of flies, materializes and gives them a very civilized, well mannered 'how-dare-you-defy-me' speech only to immediately start slaying them left and right, ripping heads off, slashing throats with his nails, or biting neck flesh furiously. Too bad the rest of the film wasn't as ironic, comical and intense as that isolate scene. The Vampiress has epic boobs, though. 3/10

2. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Argento's old movies are awesome.

3. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I went in with low expectations but I must say this was the biggest shock in all of my movie going life. Myself along with the rest of the theater stood up and gave it a standing ovation for around 2 minutes. They say don't judge a book by its cover, and boy should I have listened. After seeing this cheesy poster, I wasn't expecting much at all, nevermind a master piece. The acting was superb, the plot really had me on the edge of my seat, the car chases were extremely well done, lastly the music was just wonderful. This movie had me in tears in the end. ** SPOILER ** The twist at the end when he drinks her blood, and she with that pure evil smirk (amazing acting right there) decelares that she has AIDS had me on the verge of tears..but when he retorts with "I already have aids I'm homosexual..." ..myself along with the many others yelled out take that bitch at the screen (great experience) Very few movies pull off a twist but this movie pulled off a double twist perfectly...BRAVO ...BRAVO...long story short, this movie better win an Oscar this year because it was by far the best thing I saw in years 10/10

4. Panchyprsss

:wack: wow, you are such an accomplished comedian.

5. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Wanna marry me bro?

6. Panchyprsss

You can marry Cdogg, the fag lover.