300: Rise Of An Empire

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G3Rzy7YqUVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

2. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    As cheesy as it was, I loved the first one. I've got zero expectations for this one.

3. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    I disagree. I have high expectations for this one. The trailer looks fantastic. If the movie brings enough over the top action like the first one it is good enough for me.

4. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    I don't know. Snyder's not directing this one, and he's the only one IMO, who has mastered this particular cartoony style of film-making. Everyone else whose tried it has been pretty shit.

5. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I finally watched this film. Is just watchable, but forgettable. Nothing special about this film. It is not a sequel nor a prequel, but the plot occurs in the same timeframe as the first 300 film, but follows the exploits of Themistocles, the guy that shot an arrow and killed king Dario thus bringing the wrath of his young son, Xerxes, who eventually becomes a godking by immersing in what looks like a gold pool. Some cameos by a few 300 cast and a brief glimpse of a cgi Leonides are little treats in this sea fare showdown between Themistocles and the cruel Artemisa (played with over the top gusto by Eva Green). But in between battles, the two enemies find time for a rough sex scene (Eva Green did something similar with Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows) before trying to kill each other again. This is just milking the cash cow the original was. 5/10

6. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    I have basically the same review as Panchy. Watchable, nothing more. Gerard Butler carried the last one to the point I thought it would turn him into a star (it didn't). The lead in this is some Paul Walker clone with a vague Brit/Canadian/Aussy accent, and completely unremarkable.

Parallel storyline with the first movie. They probably thought it was clever, but it was just confusing when you try to make sense of the continuity. Probably better off not having seen the first movie............or maybe it would be more confusing if you did.......I don't fucking know. Turned out it was just a movie version of a 6 month old trying to put together a pile of Lincoln Logs to form a cohesive structure.

Looked more like a Starz channel attempt at the genre, then something Zack Snyder might have come up with.

7. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

The movie was SHIT......but EVA GREEN....jesus that chick tits are AWESOME.....oozing sexuality....a FREAK!!....ahhhh

8. Panchyprsss

If you like watching her tits, don't miss her Showtime series Penny Dreadful were you can have an eyeful of her anatomy in a few episodes.

9. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

A saw The Dreamers....tits...ass....bush....mons lubis...labia majora...etc...

10. Panchyprsss

In fact there are few films where Eva Green hasn't undress.