Anthony Joshua

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Jimmy, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Did anyone catch his last fight against Matt Skelton at the weekend? If so, what did you think? Very early days in his career I know, but did anyone see anything to tell you what he's doing right or wrong? Here's the fight: http://youtu.be/QGkKCtVc77I if you can't open this link go to youtube and type in Anthony Joshua vs Matt Skelton.

I don't think he's been matched well at all early on. I get the feeling that he feels he's expected to blast through guys which plays on his mind and this leads to him being too eager to get the job done. His next opponent though (Yaroslav Zavorotnyi) should allow Joshua to work on his fundamentals. He'll have to remain patient and pick his spots, but ultimately Joshua should be overpowering this guy.

Joshua's been put in with guys who have made him look good and I can understand that as he needs to build confidence, but when is the right time to put him in with someone capable of taking away his advantages and making life tough for him? Someone with some skill and tricks who can slip his jab, make him miss and counter him?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  2. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

He's feeding on absolute bums, just like David Price did before him. When he fights a live body, I'll start paying attention. His comp so far has been contemptible.

MTF

3. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Skelton lives in sheltered accommodation and has a bus pass. He can never remember where either of them is.

4. BOSS

BOSS TBD

The commentator has a funny accent.