"Black British Boxing Promotor" Ambrose Mendy: "Carl Froch Is Out Of The Picture. He's Afraid Of DeG

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Irish, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambrose_Mendy

Carl Froch is "running scared" of James DeGale and will retire instead of defending his world title against him, according to DeGale's advisor.
    If Froch gives up his IBF super-middleweight crown, DeGale expects to fight Mexico's Gilberto Ramirez Sanchez for the vacant title on 31 January.
    But first, the former Olympic champion must beat Mexico's Marco Antonio Periban in Liverpool on 22 November.

"Carl Froch is out of the picture, he's had his day," said Ambrose Mendy.

"He can't find enough reasons to fight James DeGale and yet there's an obvious one - he's the mandatory challenger [for Froch's IBF title].

"Just like Carl Froch was [a mandatory challenger] to the great Joe Calzaghe.

"Now he's saying he wants to go to Las Vegas and fight Julio Cesar Chavez. That's not happening. Chavez has got contractual problems with Top Rank - there is no possibility they can fight.

"The O2 arena in London is booked for 31 January. James will be in that ring. Will Carl Froch? That's the question we've all got to ask ourselves."

Mendy, who guided Nigel Benn to the WBO middleweight title in 1990, added that he expects DeGale, 28, to fight George Groves for a second time next June.

Groves outpointed DeGale when they fought in 2011 but has since been beaten twice by Froch.

Boxing writer Kevin Mitchell once said that listening to Ambrose Mendy talk shit was to "Drown in Ambrosia"

Everything Mendy says or posits involves the word "Black"....before he was fired by Nigel Benn, he referred to himself and Benn as "Two black kids from South London"....now he is "Black British Boxing Promoter" despite the fact that the cunt couldn't promote Ebola in a Nigerian brothel. He also has the inside scoop on Chavez Jr promotional dealings and says Froch has "had his day".

He also referred to Joe Calzaghe as "Great" which means nobody around here will like him either.

2. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Ambrose Mendy, speaking about James DeFale in 2010:

" James DeGale [super middleweight, 7-0] has all the ingredients of a world-class sportsman. He has the menacing aura of a Nigel Benn, the cunning of a James Cook and the passion for learning and understanding that made Michael Watson the purists’ favourite."

3. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2z8qnxq533M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    So much funny about that video...Bum DeFale mouthing off in the background, dope fiend Kevin Mitchell walking around with the spaced out look on his misshapen head, lots of "Brothers" hand clasping and posing for photos...fucking duff morons.

5. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

He's right though, Froch doesn't want to get destroyed by Chunky, so he needs to shit or get off the pot.

6. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    At least you acknowledge that Froch doesn't take a piss sitting down.

7. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Froch should fight DeGale thats a much more interesting fight than Junior.

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    This is Hatton vs Witter all over again. One of them needs a pay day and has done fuck all, and is trying to make out that the other guy is afraid of him.

9. salaco

salaco Undisputed Champion

Jeez, Ambrose Mendy is a blast from the past, granted I don't follow the British boxing scene that closely but I thought that old chancer had moved onto a new hussle long ago

10. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I,d like to see Froch fight Degale before retiring.

11. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

He's earned his shot, he's mandatory and wants the fight. Either say you're gonna vacate or you're willing to fight him.

12. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Ambrose Mendy, John Fashanu, Gordon Taylor, Garth Crooks.....maggots live in shit. Always have done.