Hopkins hinting at GGG farewell fight?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Haymaker, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

2. Pascals Wager

Pascals Wager Undisputed Champion

Seems like he was only punched in the back & top of the head. Isn't that illegal? Shows what a class act Hops is for not complaining , & how dirty K must have fought in order to win...

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Bernard's Probably Prepping for the Likelihood of Stevenson NEGLECTING to Fight him Again...

If GGG Doesn't JUMP at the Chance to Fight the REMANANTS of Bernard Hopkins, his Collection of Male Concubines Should Cease & Desist w/Praising Him....ESPECIALLY if Bernard's Geriatric Ass is MOVING DOWN to '68...

REED:hammert:

4. Haymaker

:lol:

5. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism

thats a fight you want to see? seriously?

6. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I want to see Hopkins vs. GGG

7. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    why would anyone want to see this?

8. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

What do you mean? Why not? Is it the fear of Hopkins exposing another young pup? Not only any young puppy but the one that many are pointing at the immediate(next 3-5 years) future of boxing....

Are you afraid of all the excellent advise and words of wisdom brother Nazim will be telling Hopkins in the corner....
    " Stab him in his heart rip around them sides...we going to show whitey how to slow down...when he hit the pedal in the later round he won't have any gas in the tank"

"Stay off the ropes baby everything else is sweet, that jab is in his face keep turning and pick your shot for the right hand"

"He is going to start running in now, his desperate I want you to stick that jab in his chest"

"Keep doing what you doing taking him to school, keep them shot to the top of his head, he can't do nothing with you stay off the ropes. In the center of the ring he can't do nothing with you, ain't nobody ever jab with this joker man, he never been in there with anyone with a jab and they praise him as the great next thing a superstar.."...

9. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    :l2:

10. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Would i watch GGG-Hopkins. Of course. Would i eagerly anticipate it or care if it never happpened? No.

11. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Hopkins looked really washed up in the Kovalev fight, like really washed up. Couldn't throw straight punches, was slow, weak and fragile.

Sure it probably had something to do with how good Kovalev is, but I think it's pretty obvious that age has finally caught up with Bhop.

Not really interested in seeing him fight GGG. He'll probably only try to survive.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  12. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

I think it had more to do with how Kovalev approached the fight. Hopkins was figuring Kov would try to foolishly bum rush him and leave his chin hanging in the air.

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Uuuuuuh, YES...

w/Out a Close 2nd, Bernard Hopkins (Fresh Off Being SHUTthefuckOUT by Sergey Kovalev) Would EASILY Be the Best Guy GGG's Ever Faced...AND, the 50 (By Then) Year Old BHop Would Be MOVING DOWN in Weight...

If GGG's HALF the Fighter Some of Ya'll PRETEND he Is, Bernard Would Be a PERFECT Intro Fight, to the Super Middle Division...If LEGACY Actually Matters to GGG, that Is....

REED:mj:

14. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

Move up 8 pounds to face the most negative guy in the game. Coming off a terrible, one sided loss. If hbo is paying him double what he'd get for murray or someone worse it might be worth it. Then again you're playin around with weight and moving away from the real money fights. Are you being objective from a managerial perspective reed?

15. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

The only intrigue is to see how GGG handles Hopkins as compared to Kov. Hopkins won't beat GGG at this point. He simply can't maintain the workrate to beat an elite fighter anymore. He'll taste GGG's power, and go into a negative shell.

16. Haymaker

Why are you so worried about how much money GGG makes? I mean, I sure don't want him to retire broke but I'd rather watch him being genuinely challenged than watch him obliterate the stevensons and murrays of the world.

17. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    he's not going to be genuinely challenged by Bernard Hopkins

18. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

According to most people no one at 160 can challenge him....and only Ward stand a chance against the feared, deadly, unstoppable, machine that is GGG.....Froch is afraid..every other 168 pounder is afraid and running for the hills....so is every 160 pounders....IF Hopkins is willing to come down to 168 why not Hopkins vs. GGG??

GGG being the monster/machine that he is has NOTHING to lose....Hopkins is old....

19. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Who here would pick Hopkins?

20. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

What "Real Money Fights" would GGG be Moving Away From???

You Speak as if he's 25 Years Old, Campaigning in a Division Chock Full of NAME Fighters, When in Actuality, Dude is Approaching 33 and his Current Division is a Fucking Wasteland....

REED

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Maybe, Maybe Not...

But as REED Types, There Ain't a Single Guy GGG's Faced that Would Beat Even Today's Version of BHop...

For that Reason ALONE, GGG-BHop Shouldn't be Cast Aside.

REED

22. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

ME.....but I also pick him to beat Kov.....but I expect a sponge ring for Hop vs. GGG

23. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

Alvarez

24. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Well Alvarez is NEVER going to fight him....one thing is too get thoroughly outbox and befuddled by Mayweather taking minimum punishment and make 10+ million in the process AND it's another thing to get abused, dominated and KO'ed by GGG.....and make 7-8 million MAYBE.....GBP will never let that fight happen.

And Cotto will only fight GGG if he accepts a 80/20 split....if GGG people were confident about him they would take that offer....destroy Cotto and increase GGG profile...

25. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

Im not worried about it. hopkins will just fight to survive. it isnt an interesting fight and the point i am making is it makes ZERO sense from a managerial standpoint. at the end of next year an alvarez vs golovkin fight is potentially a 7 figure pay per view seller. more if alvarez beats cotto.

it should be cast aside because its a shitty boring ass fight. you want to reward hopkins for his pathetic effort vs kovalev? i dont really understand you guys.

26. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

cotto will never fight golovkin but alvarez will, i think. the hope that he will is worth golovkin waiting around at a weight he makes comfortably for a while longer.

27. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    GGG/Hopkins is an easy fight to predict... Hopkins does all he can to last 12 and Golovkin banks one round after another... The only suspense would be if he'll stop the guy... Totally uninteresting fight

28. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    This.

29. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Is Alvarez a Middleweight? GGG is on the Outside Looking In, PRAYING Canelo or Cotto, 2 JUNIOR Middles, Fight Him...They Won't Bump Heads til May 2015 and if the Fight is Entertaining, There Could be a RE Towards the End of 2015...

Are you Seriously Content with GGG Feasting on Shit Opposition for Possibly Another Fucking YEAR, on the Faint and Foolish PIPEDREAM of Facing the Canelo-Cotto Winner?

If BHop is Willing to Move his OLD Ass to '68, and GGG Elects to Hang Around Shitkicking Tomato Cans, Knowing Full Well Canelo-Cotto WON'T Dance with him, he will have Officially Made a MOCKERY of his Career...

Again, Dude AIN'T No Spring Chicken. Time is NOT on his Side.

REED

30. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Well first the fight hasn't been offered to him. Assuming it does and the terms aren't ridiculous I personally think he should take it. That said even with the lack of top quality opponents around him right now if i was Golovkin i wouldn't exactly be all excited like a kid before Christmas about the possibility of an offer from Bernard. I doubt his manager is answering all his calls on the first ring as if he's anticipating a call from Mayweather or De La Hoya.