Crimson Peak

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Anthony, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4zBlG8Lv01k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

For a second I thought Gene Hackman came outta retirement to do the sequel of Crimson Tide.

3. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

This is the kind of material Guillermo Del Toro is good at, but I hope he keeps those cgi visuals to a minimum: ghost stories with cgi have never worked for me.

4. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

What do you want? Animatronics?

5. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Lol. I agree with panch, but somehow this made me laugh

6. Panchyprsss

Practical effects is what works for these kind of film. For example Momma was developing great until the climax ruined it with CGI effects. It was like watching Jar Jar Binks at the climax of The Exorcist.:nono:

7. Panchyprsss

[​IMG]

Crimson Peak Watched this movie today to celebrate the horror of this present Christmas night. I actually liked it. Very gorgeous looking film. Solid acting by Tom Hiddleston and Mia Wasikowska, but robotic auto-drive performance by Jessica Chastain in maybe her first stinker job ever...her role could have been so much more stronger in the hands of a different actress. Charlie Hunnam is decent in the little screen time he has. The story was interesting, but Guillermo Del Toro tried to make it a bigger than it deserved. With that I mean that this was sort like a homage to classic Hammer Films horror films, but on steroids. And that is its biggest flaw. Too much CGI in the ghosts scenes which suffered from showing too much; too big sets for could have been accomplished more effectively with smaller scale scenarios. The movie is intriguing, but no one bit scary at all. In fact that wasn't supposed to be anyway, but Del Toro could have done a better job had he a smaller budget and instead of worrying on to built those huge sets or create those special effects, he should have concentrated more on creating a little bit more mood with proper lightning and giving cues to Chastain to be more real for once. Still not a bad film, mildly entertaining and missed opportunity. 6.5/10