Fights AS Big or BIGGER than FLOYD -PAC...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by REEDsART, Feb 23, 2015.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

'Preciate the Inspiration, Doub'....

List 'em, Bitches...

REED:hammert:

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Can Think of VERY Few Bigger than Floyd-Pac...

The Only Fight that was DEFINITELY Bigger was Ali-Frazier I, Obviously...Leonard-Hearns I is a MAYBE...

Others???...

3. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    You don't mean financially do you?

What's your criteria?

4. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Outside of heavyweight fights

Leonard-Hearns
    Leonard-Hagler
    De La Hoya-Trinidad
    De La Hoya-Mayweather

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

For the Sake of Debate, "Bigger" by WHATEVER Criteria you Choose...

6. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    All the big Tyson and Leonard fights would have been much bigger i think.

7. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

Clearly biggest ever. In my lifetime.

8. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Yeah even Tyson-McNeely was a bigger mainstream event then some of boxing's proper superfights.

9. Hanz

Hanz Roberto Duran

Lewis Tyson was a whole different level. Forums were going berserk long before the fight was even signed. Tyson fans were the most aggressive and most passionate fans on the planet. I don't see that kind of passion with Floyd fans or Pac fans.

10. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Nah....THIS FIght is bigger than ANY TYSON fight.....and if it's bigger than any Tyson fight...you know it's twice as big as any Leonard fight...

What is Tyson biggest fight....?? vs. Holyfield both times?

11. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Mayweather is a freckle on the mainstream's scrote compared to Tyson. You could walk down a high street in the 90s and show 100 people a photo of Mike and everybody would name him including the old ladies and little kids. I doubt Floyd or Pac would break 50%.

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

In Terms of Pre-Fight COMPETITIVE Intrigue, Tyson - Holyfield II or Tyson - Spinks were Mike's Biggest Bouts...NOBODY Gave Holyfield a Chance in their 1st Fight, Except for Ron Borges...

For Sugar Ray it'd Have to Be Leonard - Duran II, Leonard - Hearns I or Leonard - Hagler...

Tyson's Fights were "Big" in the Sense that EVERYBODY Watched Them, but COMPETITIVELY Speaking, None of Mike's Outings Rivals Any of Leonard's, that REED Listed...Or DeLa - Tito, for that Matter...Nevermind Floyd - Pac...

Aside from Leonard - Hearns I, You've Really Gotta Go OLD SCHOOL to Find Shit THIS Big...Ali - Frazier I, Louis - Schmeling II, Early 1900's Bouts, Shit of THAT Ilk, when Factoring in MAINSTREAM Fan Interest, the Level of REVENUE Expected to Be Generated & how COMPETITIVE the Matchup is Expected to Be, Itself...

13. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Depends on how you measure it, of course.

As a media happening, heavyweight fights surpass this. Also in the 70s and 80s boxing was a bigger sport, so Leonard vs Hearns is bigger than this, but I'd say DLH-Trinidad is not. However, if you measure it the world over, this might be the biggest of them all at least since Ali's fights. No other time has whole Asia been this interested in boxing

This might also be the fight where two best fighters closest to top of their games meet. Leonard and Duran were better in their second fight but they didn't yet have this much accomplishments. Robinson vs Armstrong had the most talent in the ring, but Armstrong was already shot. Whitaker vs Chavez might be the closest to this in that regard

14. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

VALID Point...

15. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

That is a good point actually, but somehow this one seems like the biggest fight ever, and the numbers will surely prove that :dunno:

16. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

You underestimate the fame of mayweather jr. Every sports fan knows him because he's all over the tv and on sportscEnteR. sports fans make the fight big by buying / watching it. Old ladies on the street are irrelevant

This is a different age than the 90s

17. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Old ladies caring says something about the cultural/mainstream crossover at least. Comparing this to Ali-Frazier I or Louis-Schmelling II would be a complete joke.

18. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

I only can judge fights during my lifetimE. None of Tysons fights were this big

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Were you Alive During Leonard - Hearns I???...It Possessed that "Old Lady/Little Kids" Appeal Also...

It's the 1 Fight REED Recalls EVERYBODY Having a Pre-Fight Opinion On...Much like Floyd, Leonard SAT on the Matchup, Letting it BUILD Over Time, Fighting Off Accusations of Being SCARED of Hearns, as the "Hit Man" Continued to Mow Through Opponents like a Landscaper...

REED:shadow:

20. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    But this isn't a big fight, really. It's a half-decade too late and is being made because both men have slid badly, need the money and don't want to take risks for shorter money against lesser names.

21. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    It's not even Haye vs Klitschko, really, at least both men phsyically were in their pomp for that one and both men were the legit 1 and 2 in the division, or 2 and 3.

With Floyd and Manny..........you don't even know what fucking division they are.

22. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:

We need a definition of "Big". In terms of boxing, its really not that relevant, in terms of hype, it may be the biggest fight of all time, despite lacking a proportionate degree of boxing relevance.Al

Ali vs Frazier dwarves it, and, if you take inflation into account, and the relative worth of the dollar over 40 years, Ali vs Foreman dwarfs it too.

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

:mut:

24. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    <center style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.1599998474121px;">even Ways to Compute the Relative Value of a U.S. Dollar Amount - 1774 to Present

</center>Current data is only available till 2013. In 2013, the relative worth of $5,000,000.00 from 1974 is:
    [TABLE]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]$23,600,000.00[/TD]
    [TD]using the Production Worker Compensation[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]$36,600,000.00[/TD]
    [TD]using the <a class="content" href="http://www.measuringworth.com/glossary/nominalgdppc.html" ,'','scrollbars="yes,resizable=yes,width=460,height=360')&quot;" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(117, 157, 0); font-weight: bold;">nominal GDP per capita[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]$54,100,000.00[/TD]
    [TD]using the <a class="content" href="http://www.measuringworth.com/glossary/nominalgdp.html" ,'','scrollbars="yes,resizable=yes,width=460,height=360')&quot;" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(117, 157, 0); font-weight: bold;">relative share of GDP[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    If you need help/ determining which result is most appropriate for you, see <a href="http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/result.php?year_source=1974&amount=5000000&year_result=2015#" class="content" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(117, 157, 0); font-weight: bold;">Choosing the Best Indicator to Measure Relative Worth.<a href="http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/result.php?year_source=1974&amount=5000000&year_result=2015#" class="content" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(117, 157, 0); font-weight: bold;">
    For construction of the Indicators, go to <a href="http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/result.php?year_source=1974&amount=5000000&year_result=2015#" class="content" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(117, 157, 0); font-weight: bold;">CPI | <a href="http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/result.php?year_source=1974&amount=5000000&year_result=2015#" class="content" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(117, 157, 0); font-weight: bold;">GDP |<a href="http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/result.php?year_source=1974&amount=5000000&year_result=2015#" class="content" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(117, 157, 0); font-weight: bold;">Consumer Bundle | <a href="http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/result.php?year_source=1974&amount=5000000&year_result=2015#" class="content" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(117, 157, 0); font-weight: bold;">Unskilled Wage | <a href="http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/result.php?year_source=1974&amount=5000000&year_result=2015#" class="content" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(117, 157, 0); font-weight: bold;">Compensation of Production Workers series.

25. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Manny has been decisioned, at least once validly, at least once via robbery, and knocked spark out by a guy that Floyd beat in a weight-discrepancy match, all in the same intervening time period during which this fight should have been made.

If you want to describe the fight as big off the the basis of who is at ringside, or how much the average american will shell out to watch it, then this is very big.

Arguably, Jay-Z is not as big as Frank Lucas, but then again who knows.

26. mexican wedding shirt

:atu:

Pacquiao and Floyd are still light years better than wald pussy and David fucking Haye.

27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Instead of Talking Out of your Ass, PROVE You're Not Full of Shit...

DON'T Watch the Fight...Don't STREAM It, ORDER It or Anything, Okay???...If this REALLY ISN'T a "Big" Fight to YOU, IGNORE it Altogether Then...

Right HERE, Right NOW, REED is Fucking DARING You to NOT Watch Mayweather - Pacquiao....

REED:Bad:

28. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

This is Why NOBODY Takes Irish SERIOUSLY, Around Here...Particularly on the Boxing Side of this Site...

Even Other FIGHTERS Will Tell You Mayweather - Pacquiao is THE Biggest Fight in All of Boxing...But Leave it To Irish to Suggest Otherwise, Trying to BELITTLE It w/a Fucking Wlad Klit Fight, of All Things...

REED:atu:

29. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Wlad & Haye Themselves WOULDN'T Dare Insinuate their Bout was Even REMOTELY Close to Being as BIG as Mayweather - Pac...

WOW!!!....

REED:bravo:

30. mexican wedding shirt

Seriously. Trust Irish to manage to interject wald pussy into even a Pacquiao vs Floyd discussion.

This fight is 100 times bigger and more signficant than all of wald pussy's fights combined.