It follows

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by BOSS, Mar 4, 2015.

1. BOSS

BOSS TBD

98% on R.T. For a horror that's unheard of. I will watch it!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/96Itg4gjtts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

It hasn't opened yet. Not that many reviews yet. Once reviews start pouring the 98% score will drop. Hey, 'Cinderella' currenty has a 100% score, are you going to watch it too?

3. BOSS

BOSS TBD

That sounds like something u would take your date to.

4. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    A movie about the most deadly STD

5. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I didn't watch the trailer! Don't ruin it for me!

6. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Watch it. It doesnt tell shit. I posted it in your initial post.

7. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Ok i watched it and now I get the std reference.

8. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Yes, next time it would be wise to make sure the movie has actually started before you open a thread like that. Also, you might want to look at the number of users who rated it as that could play a factor as well. Only movie I know sporting a rating in the 90's (on IMDB) is Shawshank Redemption.

9. Panchyprsss

Okay the critics are raving about this movie, some are even calling it too scary and the RT score is currently 95% after 80 critics reviews. BUT...audience ratings are 71% or 3.6 out of 5 after over 8366 reviews, which puts it in the same category as a 'critic's darling, audience disapproval'.

10. Panchyprsss

[​IMG]
    It Follows I was right. This film is so darn overrated I am really baffled what critics saw in it. I mean some of the camera shots have a Brian DePalma-like flavor which was kind of cool in the 'lets-pay-homage' department, but the film itself not only was not scary at all, but it followed all the traditional horror clichés by the book up to the point it became downright STUPID: pretty looking teenagers in danger? check. unstoppable supernatural killer who is after teens who had sex? check. Running to seek refuge in a cabin in the woods by a lake? check. Inexplicable bright idea on how to 'kill' the monster that everybody follows without questioning 'didn't this failed before?' check. While the premise is interesting and the main actress has this sexy girl-next-door charm (and a nice little ass), the plot has so many holes that you cannot help yelling at the characters 'YOU ARE SO DUMB!!!" I mean, the girl is the only one that sees the thing coming at her to kill her, yet many times it is her, not the others, who slowly comes closer to where she knows the killer might be pop up for a predictable 'jump scare shot' :rolleyes: If the thing can only WALK and apparently is limited by that, why didn't she just took a plane and moved to another country? why if the thing needed to have doors or windows open, it still appeared out of nowhere inside a house? again, the main actress, Maika Monroe, it is a real discovery, solid actress that did marvels with a two-dimensional character. The film is mediocre at best. 5/10