Into The Storm

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Nobleart, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Into The Storm - Some impressive special affects, some sub-par special affects, atrocious dialogue (if you could call it that) and acting. Doesn't quite sink to SyFy level film-making, mostly because the budget doesn't let it, but can be enjoyed on a bad movie level, perhaps better then most SyFy films, simply because it seems it was made earnestly, but just very badly.

The entire movie is essentially a homage to "Twister", but "Twister" is a treasured American classic right up there with "Godfather II", and "Jaws", compared to "Into The Storm".

The characters are so flat, it's hard to tell them from each other, who's related to who, and who gives a shit about who. Some decent actors in it to; character actor Matt Walsh from "Veep", Richard Armitage from "The Hobbit", Laura Wayne Callies from "Walking Dead"..........but it looks like they were just put in front of a green screen, had some debris thrown at them, told to whisper their lines and react to nothing in particular. Zero tension and little care whether anybody lived or died in this dreck.

Never thought I say this about a movie with a straight face, but this film needed to be Michael Bay'd or Roland Emmerich'd the fuck up.

3/10

[​IMG]

2. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    I cant believe you watched this shit.

3. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

It was on HBO last night. It was fun for shits & giggles. :lol:

4. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    oh okay. Well in that case, i saw some of it too:lol:

5. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Actually a pretty entertaining movie.

It's the CLASSIC case of an enjoyable bad movie.

I would actually say it's more fun to watch than Twister.

6. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Nah, I've seen "Twister" within the past month. It's completely preposterous, but what raises it miles above "Into The Storm", are the parts where there are no tornadoes going on. The actors and the makers of the movie at least try really hard to make us think that they actually give a fuck.

Both are entertaining bad movies, but at least "Twister" is competent about it.