BREAKING NEWS!! Jon Jones has been Stripped of Title And Suspended Indefinitely. Cormier/Rumble fo

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Anthony, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
  2. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Jones would still be the linear champ

3. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

completely retarded imo.

4. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Who the fuck is "Damon Martin"?

5. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    yeah it kind of sounds like a made up name tbh.

6. mexican wedding shirt

7. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    cormier vs. Johnson is still an excellent fight imo. barring any injuries/cancellations, ufc 187 is a great card. even the preliminary card is solid.

8. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    Cormier/Rumble is quite a slugfest on paper. Cormier will probably take him down and sub him though.

9. Anthony

Motherfucker
    There is a huge likelihood Jones is going to prison man. He is charged with a Felony.

10. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

No.

"He was arrested on a felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injuries. After being in custody for three hours, he was released after posting $2,500 bail, according to Raimondi. "

Prison is for sentences over a year. His record isn't bad, I don't believe the lady was hurt too badly, and $2,500 is not consistent with a prison-worthy offense.

11. mw314159

mw314159 Undisputed Champion

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  12. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

The dude deserves prison time. He hit a pregnant woman and left the scene. Luckily she only had a broken arm but for all Jones knew, she could have been seriously injured and he left her there to die. Oh, but he did return to the scene.....but not to check on the person he smashed into but rather to grab cash he left in the car.

He's a perfect douche bag.

13. Anthony

Motherfucker
    This is what happens when you let people get away with shit.

14. mexican wedding shirt

Agreed, he seems like a total cock. I never really warmed to Jon Jones as I said years ago, and honestly I think this might be why. I could sense he's a right cunt.

15. mikE

I can't tell how often the basic sentence is the actual sentence. I did see where the actual sentence can be lower with certain crimes, but I'm not sure how that works for what Jones is being charged with.

If the sentences aren't flexible, then there will be a lot of flexibility to amend the charges. Otherwise, almost all cases would end up going to trial and that's unworkable.

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Clearly, Jones PANICKED...

Dude was Likely HIGH on Something and Mentally SHAT Himself..He's Obviously Got to Get his LIFE in Order, but There's a Lot of Broad Sweeping Judgements Being Made about Him Here...

GOOD People Do Stupid, Douchebaggy, Cuntish Things @ Times...Doesn't Always DEFINE Them as a Person Though...

To Be Clear, Jon Jones DESERVES to Be Punished & it's Refreshing to See UFC Take the Stance they Have w/the Best Fighter in their Organization...REED's Merely Taking Issue w/Those ALREADY Relegating Jones to the Trash Heap...

REED:kidcool:

17. Anthony

Motherfucker
    He has being doing stupid shit like this for a while. There is no defending the man.

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

He HAS???...

Is there a Running LIST of his Transgressions???....

REED:dunno:

19. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

He was arrested for DWI in 2012. He refused to Chael Sonnen on short notice causing UFC 151 to be cancelled. The fight with Cormier at the UFC 178 press conference. Failing his drug test in January, going to rehab and leaving after a day.

He just doesn't have his head on right, and that's a shame because he is the best fighter of this generation.

TFK

20. mikE

Which is really just two things, a DWI in 2012 and this current incident. Not indicative of an angel, but really not too serious either.

Jones didn't panic, he just fled the scene because he was high or drunk. Since he fled, Reed's extremely unlikely, albeit possible, reason for the fleeing will help Jones overall, but does provide a judge with a good reason to hammer Jones. I doubt Jones will get hammered, but he is a lucky SOB that the woman didn't lose her baby.

Jones' next trip to rehab will occur in the very near future and he won't be leaving early. Expect him to be there for 30 days.

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Does ANYONE Still Hold the Sonnen Deal Against Jones, Especially After THE WAY He Disposed of Him???...Do Greg Jackson & Mike Winklejohn NOT Have their "Head on Right" Also, for ADVISING Jones to Bypass a Short Notice Fight w/Sonnen???...

Does Cormier Also NOT have his "Head On Right" for Putting his Hands on Jones 1st AND Hurling a Friggin SHOE into a Crowd of People???...If You Fight in Enough High Profile Bouts, Chances are, You'll Eventually Get Into a Press Conference/Weigh-In Altercation...Until the Mock Staredown is Done Away w/ENTIRELY, there's Always the Potential for This...

The Most Recent Incident, the DUI in 2012 and the Failed Drug Test are Eyebrow Raising for Certain...REED Won't Even Attempt to Deny it...But The Sonnen Situation and the Melee w/Cormier AREN'T Even Thought about Anymore...

Not Exactly Evidence of him "Doing Stupid Shit for Awhile", in REED's Opinion...

22. TFK

Considering the money the UFC lost because of it, I'm sure Dana White and the Fertittas do. Not to mention all of the fighters and their camps that were ready to fight. Sponsors. PPV outlets. Mandalay Bay. People who booked trips to Vegas to go to the event. Etc, etc, etc.

So a DWI, a failed drug test, a 1 day rehab stay, and the most recent incident isn't doing stupid shit?

Seriously?

TFK

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Hmmmm, "Dana White, the Fertittas, Not to mention all of the fighters and their camps that were ready to fight. Sponsors. PPV outlets. Mandalay Bay. People who booked trips to Vegas to go to the event. Etc, etc, etc." Strangely, NONE of them Blame Dan Henderson, Huh???:scratcher:...

Soooooo, The Guy that Actually PULLED OUT Of the Fight, on a WEEKS Notice, Gets NO Blame, but To this Day (Even After Eventually Wiping his Ass w/Sonnen in Probably his LEAST Competitive Lightheavy Title Defense), Jones STILL Takes Heat for Not Facing him on Short Notice???...Or Worse, it's RIGHTFULLY Listed as an Example of "Stupid Shit" Jon Jones has "Done for Awhile"???...

Seriously???...

The Last Sentence of your Post Contains 3 of 4 Incidents that Have Occurred in the Last 2-3 Months, ie., RECENT Happenings...Sooooo Again, Is it ACCURATE to Say Jones has Been "Doing Stupid Shit Like This for Awhile"?????...

Seriously???...

24. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

No doubt about it, his driving ''habits'' are not just irresponsible but downright criminal. And this is a guy who has the $$$ to take the cab without hurting his wallet a bit, contrary to some random college student (who incidentally, would probably be in more shit if it happened to him). Still, I think the UFC striping him is ridiculous. Sure, I understand why they done it from a pr point of view, but I still think it's the pussy way out.

25. Anthony

Motherfucker
    The UFCs lack of action to jones in the past has created the monster you see today.

26. mexican wedding shirt

REED - in this instance, come on, smashing into a pregnant woman and then running off? It was obviously a hefty smash too, as she was actually injured and hospitalised, he could have easily killed her child. And the worst part is, he ran back for his fucking cash, not to check on the woman he just nearly killed :lol:

That's more than just a random blip, do you think you or I would do that? I know damn well I wouldn't, no matter how pissed up or high I am. The guy seems like a scumbag. It's more what I'd expect from someone like Floyd.

27. TFK

Do you really not understand why the blame would be on Jon Jones for the PPV being cancelled rather than Dan Henderson?

TFK

28. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    She's a pregnant woman and he broke her arm. He fled on foot and left drugs in the car. With his prior positive test for cocaine, he might wind up doing time---particular if the prosecuting attorney is hoping to make a name off of putting a pretty big name in the sports world behind bars.

Usually if someone gets a charge like this, Dana gives them the heave-ho like Thiago Silva, but that would put the UFC in the position of losing the best lightheavy in the world to something like Bellator or another organization. I can't see them doing that, but it does put the UFC in a tight spot.

29. Buddy Rydell

Home Page:
    The DWI was with two female passengers, wasn't it? He endangered them as well and got a slap on the wrist. I don't see him getting the max here, but I'd be surprised if he manages another slap on the wrist. He hit someone with a rented SUV hard enough to break their arm and then runs off, leaving pot and a pipe in the vehicle. Sounds like he was drunk or high to me. Would you leave drugs at the scene of an accident?

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

What REED Doesn't Understand is Why Anybody would Still Be Butthurt TODAY, Over the Sonnen Situation...