Legend trailer (Tom Hardy)

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

This looks better than the 1990 movie 'The Krays'. Tom Hardy is delivering here. I am glad to see Emily Browning in a decent role for a change.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vGTt4NeWXYE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

2. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Isn't Tom Hardy the guy that admitted to sucking a few cocks on his way to stardom?

3. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
  4. Muzse

Muzse "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
  5. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Ehhhh, so what if Hardy's a faggot? He's still a damn good actor.

At least he's open about it. I respect him more than I do Tom Cruise, Jamie Fox, Will Smith, and John Travolta. Those are four guys who are bisexuals in denial.

6. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    LOL Tom Hardy is one cock-sucking bad-ass.

I think he went back on those comments and said he was speaking from an actor's perspective and his characters, or something like that. Maybe his PR team told him to put a spin on it. As much as society is more accepting of gays, especially Hollywood, I can't think of any leading actors in Hollywood who are known fudge packers or who admitted to "experimenting" with gay stuff.

He's a great actor. I thought Locke was okay, I didn't like it like the critics did, it seemed more fit for a one-act Broadway play than a full-feature film, but it shows you his quality as an actor. The whole film is him driving, talking on the phone, dealing with issues with his family, work, and a woman he knocked up who is going into labor. I can't say I was really into it, but I didn't get fully bored and turn it off either. Imagine the type of acting ability you need to have to carry a movie when you're acting aside various voices on a phone, no violence or sex or any typical Hollywood attention grabbers. He's the only actor whose face you see. It's impressive, like Tom Hanks acting alongside a dog in one movie and a volleyball in another.

I also loved his performance in The Drop. Definitely one of my favorite actors out there.

7. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

I like Tom Hardy - he picks some good roles:
    Bronson
    Inception
    Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Lawless
    Warrior
    Locke
    The Drop

Mad Max: Fury Road

He hasn't been in a really shit movie...this one, I'm going to give a miss though: fucking bored of the 'legend' of The Krays...

Might see him as the next James Bond though:
    http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/09/tom-hardy-james-bond-idris-elba

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  8. Xplosive

In regards to Bond, let me first say fuck them for not giving a black Bond a shot and picking Elba. Elba would have made for a great Bond.

I really really hate to sound like Sly on this one, but I think Fassbender would make a better Bond than Hardy. If they're sticking with a white Bond, then Fassbender just has more of a Bond "look" than does Hardy, and overall I think his personality and demeanor is better suited for the role. Plus, traditionally Bond's have been tall, and if I'm not mistaken Fassbender is about 6'2 whereas Hardy is only about 5'10.

9. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    Fassbender is 5'10 but listed as 6'.

10. Xplosive

I stand corrected.

Fassbender still has more of Bond LOOK than Hardy. And I just think he's more natural for the role.

Not a knock on Hardy, he's a quality actor, but not right for Bond.

11. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

I'll tell you this now, Sly say that cos he thinks he's a Bond afficiandao - and therein lies the problem: he thinks/wants Bond to be like the well-spoken, suave, suit-wearing smoothie of the past...and that's exactly what they're supposed to be getting away from.
    Hence picking a rougher Bond in Daniel Craig....

Hardy looks good, physically...and can be a bit rough-around-the-edges......as does Elba.

12. Xplosive

I'm not going off of Sly's thoughts, I'm going off my own.

Fassbender is capable of playing a bad ass. Despite me joking on Sly for his very STRANGE man-crush on Fassbender, I do acknowledge that he's a good actor.

BTW, in regards to Spectre, I'm going to see that just because Waltz is the villain. Waltz is the best current villain in the biz.

Javier Bardem was a pretty mediocre villain in the last one. I doubt Waltz will disappoint.

13. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Fassbender can play a sneaky, devious type...but he isn't tough and looks like he couldnt punch his way out of a paper-bag.

Waltz is a total one-trick-pony...hatever role he plays in 'Spectre' will be a slightly-tuned version of 'Inglorious Bastards' Hans Landa.

Bardem, I agree with you was fucking shit in 'Skyfall', as was that movie - if he'd played it like Anton Chigurgh instead of the faux-gay/campness that he did...it would've been a half-decent movie.

14. Xplosive

In regards to Waltz, you need to watch more of his movies. He's excellent in every movie.

Watch Water For Elephants. It's actually a pretty good movie despite having that no-talent hack from Twilight as the leading man. The movie is good because Waltz ALONE makes it a good movie. He's just as evil in that movie as he was in IB.

Bardem is actually the one-trick pony, not Waltz. What's he ever been great in besides NCFOM?

15. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    I agree.

16. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    Bardem is a great actor, you should watch some of his Spanish movies.

17. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Waltz: great at playing a German in any movie. Even better at playing a villainous German in any movie.

Come on, man... :dunno:

18. salaco

salaco Undisputed Champion

Some writer critic got grief this week for suggesting Elba is too "street" to play Bond. Of course, the criticism was that it was a racist comment but I would agree that the Bond persona has a British establishment, public school edge which Elba just couldn't carry, there are several British black actors who probably could for what its worth.
    Tom Hardy resembles Calvin Harris, he's no Bond...and the role of Bond doesn't require any major acting chops anyhow.

19. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    [​IMG]

-guy from Guardian

20. Steve-Dingo

Steve-Dingo Wizard of Oz

:lol:

That is very cheeky and clever.