UFC 190 - ROUSEY vs. CORREIA

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by REEDsART, Jul 28, 2015.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

[​IMG]

Haven't Heard Much Talk about this Matchup, on the Site...

Does Correia Stand a Chance or is this Another Blink-and-you-Missed-It Outing for THE Baddest Women on the Planet???...Did Correia Set Herself Up for FAILURE (& Possibly a BROKEN Arm) by Making "Suicide" References???...

Will Rousey's Talk of Administering a PROLONGED Asswhipping, Come Back to HAUNT Her???...

REED'll Definitely Be at Hooter's Saturday Night, Checking this Out...

REED:popcorn:

2. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZeAHytGRh80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nB3lg0f6d54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Anthony

Motherfucker
    It should be a easy win for Ronda, but she is emotionally invested. She even started to cry at what Bethe said. WHo knows.

4. mw314159

mw314159 Undisputed Champion

Ronda should win and make it look easy. Anything can happen in MMA, though. Correia winning would be like Matt Serra beating GSP in his prime.

5. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Nah i dont think it would be like that. Serra was on the tail end of his career with several losses. Carreia is a young, undefeated up and comer.

6. mw314159

GSP had a loss by that point too. Ronda has looked unbeatable so far. It's not exactly the same, but it would be on the same level in terms of shocking upsets no one would have predicted. +850 / -1400 seem like pretty extreme odds for a championship fight.

7. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

All it takes is the perfect shot on her chin. Not as unlikely as it seems. Upsets happen.

8. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

One punch KO's are a Haley's Comet type of rarity in women's MMA. On top of that, despite what the UFC promos would make you believe, Correia is not a big puncher. She has 2 TKO's in her career.

I remember Douglas-Tyson so I know nothing is impossible but Vegas has this one right with Rousey as a -1300 favorite.

Consider these facts:

Until her first MMA bout, Correia had zero competitive athletic experience
    Correia only has 3 UFC fights and arguably lost her first one against lightly regarded Julie Kedzie (split decision)
    Despite the shallow talent pool, Correia doesn't have a win against a top 15 opponent

The personal animosity and the fight being in Rio makes it interesting, but unless Rousey pulls a Tokyo Tyson, she should school Bethe.

9. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Yeah Bethe has no KO power. She is going to have to outwork Honda, and i dont see that happening.

10. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Dont you think Ronda will easily control where the fight takes place? I'd be shocked if Bethe can stop Ronda from tossing her around. You can't develop a defense for Ronda's level of judo in the 4 short years Correia has been training MMA.

11. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I think it will be a pretty easy win for Ronda. I hope Im wrong and it's a war.

12. mw314159

I hope Ronda wins easily a few more times, retires from fighting to make movies, and is remembered as the greatest of all time in women's MMA. It would be nice to see her go out on top as an undefeated fighter. It's possible, just not likely.

13. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Not before Tate beats her. Which WILL HAPPEN.

14. mw314159

I don't think she's the one to beat Ronda, at least not in the near future. Cyborg looks like Ronda's toughest test at the moment.

15. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Tate WILL NEVER beat Rousey. NEVER!

16. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Tate is always underestimated. She is very smart in that octagon. She can figure things out. It may take 4 fights with rousey, but she will get it. She usually figures things out withint 1 or 2 rounds of fighting her opponent, but because rousey is so special it is taking a few fights.

Tate is the #1 contender. She fights the winner of Rousey vs. Bethe.

17. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

It takes her 1 or 2 rounds to figure out scrubs (everybody is compared to Rousey). So didn't come close to figuring out Rousey in the 5 rounds she had so far. She could prevent the armbar for 2 and a half rounds in one fight, that alone is impressive, but she will be busy doing that in the rounds to come and that will prevent her from winning any of them.

18. Anthony

Motherfucker
    She landed some good shots to Ronda's chin and even stunned her once. Her power has improved since then. I dont know about scrubs. Meisha has beaten some to notch fighters.

19. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

They Could Fight 100 Times and Meisha Tate Would NEVER Be Victorious Over Ronda Rousey...

REED:hammert:

20. BOSS

BOSS TBD

135 is such a crappy division. Ronda should go to 115 and get murdered by JJ.

21. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Disagree completely.

22. Anthony

Motherfucker
    In fact, i would even go so far as to say that if they fought 100 times, Tate would have more wins.

23. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I hope Tate fucks her up. She's such a cute scrapper.

24. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Tate aint the one to give multiple fights to. She will find a way.

25. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

I kind of respect your fight picks so that's why your take on Tate confuses me so much. You and I have debated whether "stunned" was the right description of Meisha's shot to Rousey's chin. For the sake of argument, I'll concede that point.

With that as the backdrop, I am curious what makes you think Tate's power has improved since the Rousey fight. She's had 4 fights since and all ended in decision. She never really hurt Carmouche, McMann or the very unheralded Japanese chick she fought on the Hunt-Nelson undercard.

Additionally, given their respective room for improvement, my guess would be that Rousey has probably improved on the same or higher pace than Tate over the period since their last fight. I think this is especially true when you look at power.

Rousey's power, and striking in general, has improved to the point that she knocked a very durable veteran like Alexis Davis absolutely senseless with a single punch. As I mentioned in a previous post, you rarely see female fighters hurt like that. Davis was wrestling with the ref completely unaware of her surroundings for a full 2 minutes after the punch landed. I'm not sure Rousey isn't the bigger puncher between her and Tate.

Finally, you can't really improve history and heart. The history shows us that Rousey absolutely destroyed Tate in 2 previous fights. That is a huge mental block to get over. And you or she can try to convince people that she was competitive with Rousey because she survived to the 3rd round, but that's false. Rousey beat her down and clearly won every minute of every round. And you absolutely can't deny that Rousey mentally broke Meisha in their second fight. The thing that's worse than a 14 second arm bar loss is a loss in which you get mentally destroyed. Meisha did. All the hype and all the pressure and Meisha broke. Tough to overcome that.

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Based on their 2 Bouts Together, there's ZERO Evidence to Support This...

27. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

THIS...

Along w/All You've Said, Rousey's a Naturally BIGGER, STRONGER Woman...She Tosses Meisha Around like REED's 16 Year Does to his 11 Year Old...Tate CAN'T Cope w/Ronda on the Ground and LACKS the Strength and Power to Keep Ronda OFF of her Standing...

28. Anthony

Motherfucker
    She has put on some extra muscle since the rousey fight and has specifically focused on her hands alot more. Even finding a new striking coach. That being said, I am not suggesting Tate will Knock Ronda out. Just hit out strike her.

I dont see that one bit. Let's not forget that Since the tate fight, Ronda has fought 3 fights with a combined fighting time of 1:36 seconds. That's it. Tate has fought 4 times with a combined fighting time of 60 minutes. Ronda and Misha are both 28 years old. But Misha is not distracted by books tours, movies, commercials, etc. etc. And Misha also is an intelligent fighter, always seeking out the best training. Ronda likes to stay at the fighting club and will sometimes go fun spar with other people but it aint serious. Misha is constantly trying to improve her abilities with many different coaches and styles.

It doesnt matter who the bigger puncher is it matters who can take the better shot. And who actually doesnt like to be hit. Ronda does not like to be hit in the face.

But history shows that Misha learned from her mistakes and improves after each fight. She made some adjustments in the second fight that proved she learned form their fist fight. Tate also admitted that the fight with Ronda was too personal. She says that wont happen again. I see one girl in tate that is devoted to her craft and i see another girl who is sharing her time with acting and fighting. Not only that, but acting lessons which she is spending lots of time taking.

That is why i see tate eventually beating her if they keep fighting. It will be like pac/Marquez.

29. Anthony

Motherfucker
    One day you guys will stop doubting me.

30. mw314159

Has the UFC ever given someone a 4th fight against an opponent who beat them 3 times convincingly? This is probably Miesha's last chance at Ronda, assuming Ronda wins this weekend.