I'm back down to 170lbs for the first time in 6 years!

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Heading to Vegas soon on a boyz trip and that means pool parties.

Had to shred the weight: no carbs, lots of water, tons of cardio. Back to rippedness.

2. mw314159

mw314159 Undisputed Champion

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm down 25 pounds since the beginning of the year. I had planned on losing more before my Vegas trip in June, but it didn't happen. Now I'm back on track. I was 233 this morning. I plan on getting down to 225 in the next couple months.

I've been sticking with a moderate carbs / moderate fat / high protein diet. The biggest thing for me was cutting back on alcohol. Losing weight is hard if I drink even a little every night. Staying sober during the week and drinking just a little on the weekends makes it easy.

Have fun on the trip. :) I'll be going out to Vegas again next summer for sure.

3. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

I am leaner Than I've been in a long long time.

4. Destruction and Mayhem

Thanks man.

As I get older it gets harder and harder. These day's it's a lot of sacrifice and suffering to lose the weight. When I was younger all I had to do was run. I was 190lbs a year ago.

5. Destruction and Mayhem

Being lean feels good. The jawline gets chiseled etc.

6. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

It does feel good, I've always had a lot of energy but it's really high right now

7. mw314159

That's a big thing I've noticed too. My face gets a "puffy" look when I gain just a little extra weight. Everyone was telling me how different I looked losing 25 pounds. Just walking around with a flat stomach feels good.

Everything is easier too, physically. Climbing stairs, riding my bike, hiking in the mountains. I quit running because of a knee issue, but I imagine that would be easier too if I was doing it.

8. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    If you're 233 and you've cut down 25lbs since the start of the year, you must be a pretty big guy. 258 is fair size. You must have been lighter when you were doing the rock climbing.

9. mw314159

I was 6'4" / 240ish with low body fat when I was rock climbing. I was at the strongest point of my life then. It took a long time to come back from the arm injury, but I'm mostly back now. I'm weaker at deadlifts and squats but stronger at bench press and pullups / rows.

Another advantage of being lighter is that body weight lifts like pullups and dips become easier. Rock climbing too.