Wilder to face Johann Duhaupas next

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Ugotabe Kidding, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Seems like they need a quick KO win for Wilder for his fight in Alabama to keep up the hype, which is silly since he actually seemed better when he did a little boxing against Bermane.

Duhaupas is a French scrub. He is one of those all-around types who isn't quick, doesn't punch hard nor has a very good punch output but he has no glaring weaknesses either on European level. Thus, he looks like a guy who can box a bit and who trains some, but he is no threat whatsoever for Wilder and will most likely go down in brutal fashion

2. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Haymon is just putting out a worse and worse product. Garcia vs Guerrero next too supposedly? It seems he is content to milk these investors dry and get all his guys paid without intentions of succeeding on the networks and improving ratings, building a brand.

3. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Wilder is a horrible fighter.

4. Xplosive

Jesus Christ, please tell me you're joking.

Looks like Danny Stiff plans to milk that Matthysse win forever.

5. Ali

Ali Leap-Amateur

What a joke....even worse than the lottle run Mr Haye put together.

6. Xplosive

Isn't Razor Ruddock making another coneback? I smell Wilder vs Ruddock next yr. Wilder stops Razor in 1 and brags that he took him out quicker than Lewis did.

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

If you Mean DANNY Garcia vs ROBERT Guerrero, what's Wrong w/that Fight???...

REED:dunno:

8. Xplosive

Guerrero got shut out by Thurman two fights ago, and in his last fight supposedly got a gift over a scrub. It's a shitty fight for Garcia to take at this point. Guerrero has zero shot of winning. In fact he has LESS of a chance than Paulie had.

I would have thought that Haymon would have looked to have make Garcia vs Thurman or Garcia vs Porter next.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  9. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

PBC has some tough critics around here. How long did Top Rank get away with putting complete crap on FNF without protest?

10. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

did you see guerreros last fight vs martinez? guy is spent. shitty fight, easy for garcia. and he's been having a lot of those lately

top rank wasnt paying ESPN2 for the time slot and paying their fighters a million plus each in a lot of instances. they were getting a budget from ESPN and paying the fighters 20 to 30 grand a piece tops. Im not knocking the actual matchups so much as the financial model they are using. how the fuck can it succeed?

11. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Ugo don't make-up names

12. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    So what happened to Fury..........:dunno:

13. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Well it sure sounded like you were knocking the matchups. Other than the main networks, PBC is on a lot of networks less popular than Espn2.

I don't know if the PBC model can work. It certainly is different than what we've seen and it is resulting in a lot of B+ cards. Sure, there are some A- and B- cards so far, but we, as fans, are getting treated to a nice change, I think.

I do think PBC is likely violating the Ali act and I do think they are making a clear mistake by fucking with the sanctioning bodies, but other than that I'm enjoying sitting back and seeing how this plays out.

If I had to bet I would bet against PBC being successful long term. But, I won't mind being wrong. I just don't think you can corner the boxing market like UFC has cornered the mma market and this seems to be their end game.

14. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

Credit to pbc for that cruiser fight on spike right now

15. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

Duhaupas is NO JOKE

people think he is a french pastry but he turns people INTO pastry! This guy is LEGIT and a real THREAT

16. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    If keeps going at his current rate, how many people will he have KNOCKED COLD in 8.4 years time :dunno:

17. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

:lol:

I have to do the math and get back to you brother Irish

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

disagREED...

Thurman was Dominating Guerrero, but Almost from the Moment Guerrero was Dropped, he TOOK the Fight to Thurman for the Remainder of it...Guerrero FINISHED Stronger than Thurman Did, Unquestionably...It Wasn't a Shutout...

Despite Having Better Names on his Ledger, REED Doesn't Think Danny Garcia is as Good as Thurman...NOT as Strong, Not Quite the Puncher...Granted, there's NOT Much "Wow" Factor to Thurman, but he Possesses MORE of 1 than Garcia Does...

Garcia SHOULD Be Favored Over Guerrero & Will Likely Win, but it WON'T Be Easy & It'll Be Fan Friendly...As for Paulie, he WOULDN'T Have Lasted 6 Rounds w/Thurman...No Way Does Guerrero have LESS of a Chance @ Beating Garcia, than Paulie Had...

REED:nono:

19. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Yeah that is fucking outrageous... :atu: