Victor Frankenstein trailer

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7pxZxY_Siyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Another Frankenstein movie?

3. Panchyprsss

Yes, but this one is from Fox, not from Universal's Monster's Cinematic Universe. They gave us that turkey 'I, Frankenstein' and the misguided 'Dracula Unbound'. They plan to unleash another 'Mummy' (starring Tom Cruise!!!) and another 'Wolfman' so they can team up ala Avengers to protect the world from something more evil than themselves (Satan??) :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  4. Panchyprsss

Victor face-to-face with his creation

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  5. Panchyprsss

[​IMG]
    Victor Frankenstein I watched this with extremely low expectations as the reviews were plain awful, but to my surprise I found it to be quite entertaining. Not a classic by any stretch of the imagination, but this was well made even though it should have been titled 'Igor' instead of 'Victor Frankenstein'. I say that because it is Igor (Harry Potter's Daniel Radcliffe) the main character. It is his story, a very incredible one and hard one to swallow to be honest (Circus freak hunchback Igor is in fact a scientist genius as he secretly memorizes biology books...where he gets them and how he got them and how he could understood it is a mystery). He is rescued by young mad scientist Victor Frankenstein(X-Men's James McAvoy chewing the scenery left & right in overacting mode) who fixes his hunchback problem in less than 30 seconds (straights him up, puts an injection in his back and gives him a back belt jacket). I am sure Radcliffe didn't want to spend the whole film like Bela Lugosi in 'Son of Frankenstein' and demanded to be cured early in the film. Victor sees Igor not as his assistant but sort of like an equal partner and both embark in the 'lets-create-a-man' project which has Igor horrified, but helps anyway. We don't get to see the creation alive and loose until near the end and its one of the best non-Boris Karloff's creature I have seen. I liked the Golem-like design mixed with the iconic look. It shits on DeNiro's monster. The main problem of this film is that it went overbudget in making it look bigger than it needed to be and paid little effort in writing a coherent story. Still the pace is good, the chases and climax sequences are neat and it kept me interested. It is not a very good movie, but way better than "I, Frankenstein" or "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein'.6.5/10