Fear the walking dead

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by His_Royness, Sep 11, 2015.

1. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Anybody seen this?

2. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    I like it so far. It's more ambitious and a lot smarter then the original series. If I would compare the style to anything else, maybe the way "28 Weeks Later" was done (The sequel to 28 Days Later). Not the way the Zombies act, but just the general tone.

It's a lot slower then the original so far, more thoughtful, so I don't think it will be anywhere near as popular.

3. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    I'm liking the slow build up. Enjoying the urban environment more than the backwoods of The Walking Dead.

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

5. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

no, Zebras.

6. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I hope they keep it slow....and give more details(if any) of how it started.....

Pretty much every zombie/virus outbreak movie it stay with the innitial outbreak storyline for 5-15 minutes then it jumps to the later part of surviving(hold up in some where) or the aftermath(nothing but zombies).......

28 days later....Monkey's get out bite one person...a minute later it's a month later and only a few survivors left....

Dawn of the Dead...original show some fighting back...and the panic of the outbreak...but 20 minutes later they get to the MALL.....remake they show even less and are in the MALL within 10 minutes of the movie starting....

World War Z....family wakes up....they are going on some trip or something....are stuck in traffic....THE OUTBREAK begins....20 minutes later they are secure in a battleship or some shit...

I want FEAR of the DEAD to take it slow....show the decline of civilization....show the struggle of surviving the dead in a metropolis instead of the backwoods of the original Walking Dead......show the military being overwhelmed by the dead....

I like both episodes.....but there isn't ONE likable character in the show...I hate them ALL....the daughter could be eaten by the zombies as far as im concern...Vagina first....
    The Step dad...Really?? A PUNJABI fuckwad??? It's LA...I expect a MEJICAN...not Dr. Patel....and the stink bomb fucked two fine ass women? Fuck out of here......
    The Junkie??? FUCK HIM.....he can die 2...
    The clueless SON? FAGGGOT!!!!! protest fuckputa!!!! DIE SLOW...
    THe White wife...the Teacher.....she's OKAY..dumb decision but she's okay...
    THe Mejican ex-wife...nothing yet..she hasn't been on enough....
    Ruben Blades...I was waiting for him.....he might dissapoint.....overly religious fuckwad!!!
    I dont' know what the FAT KID was doing..I thought he was READY....that one zombie almost had him....why was he storing all that FOOD at the school....yet went back HOME! PUSSY.

7. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Yep. Zombies.
    Meaning its shit.

:wack::popcorn:

8. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Zombie movies/shows are never actually about the "Zombies". :nono:

9. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    how's my boy Cliff Curtis aka the Kiwi Mexican in this?

10. His_Royness

How do you mean a lot smarter? I know you don't mean the people, because they are already out there acting stupid in hordes. Of course nobody sees that the police victims were zombies so we get some black life matters bullshit riots going on out of nowhere that are all totally made up and only there because that whole slow moving two zombies against the police military scenario shouldn't be to fucking hard to contain.

Also nobody believes anybody shit. Yeah there was blood I'm serious. Shut up don't make the kid think he'S not crazy he needs to stay in the hospital. And when the punjubi guy finally has ex mamas attention he won't tell shit. Just like the white mother, why can't you tell your damn daughter wtf is going on, you want her to go to the black zombie bf again??? Stupidity level already on par with the original series.

11. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

I haven't seen the 3rd episode yet, so don't know if they've already lost the plot or what. The show itself is smarter, whether the characters in it are or not, has yet to be determined.

Those riots are there to make the show feel like it's set in the present, under present day circumstances. The world hadn't fallen apart yet. Nobody knows these things are zombies or anything else. They are still seeing victims of police brutality at this point, because that's what they've been conditioned to see. I could actually picture this sort of scenario going down like this if we suddenly got hit with a "death virus". :lol:

I'm not saying you have to be a brain rocket scientist doctor to watch it. It's still just a stupid zombie show with stupid people in it, but it still miles ahead of the intellectual meter on the other show...and I watch the other show religiously. Sometimes I hate watch it, and sometimes I enjoy it. I thought it improved quite a bit the last season...but they're all still a bunch of self-centered asshole morons with questionable decision making skills. At least the characters in the new series can be somewhat excused for some of their poor decisions, because they're not supposed to have a clue whats going on yet.

That said, the pilot was much better then the 2nd episode, so they may disappoint me and go down the stupid hole faster then I expect.

1st year (6 episodes) of "The Walking Dead" was all around solid to, and those characters got real stupid, real fucking quick when the new writers latched on to season 2.

12. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

13. His_Royness

14. Panchyprsss

MIA :lol:

15. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I like it a lot so far. The 1st episode dragged, but the episodes after have gotten better and better. I like the way they had the city rioting because they thought the cops shot an unarmed citizen rather than a zombie. The only drawback is, like someone mentioned, the casting has been horrible. The blond chick I like, she did a great job in Treme and she plays her part well, but the rest of them are pretty terrible. The Benny and Joon looking junkie son is an interesting character, but they miscast him pretty bad. The only other likable character so far as been the barber shop owner.

It's pretty awesome how so far they've made it an extension of the Walking Dead, without making it a cheap copy of the Walking Dead. Not sure how much longer they can do that, but it will be fun while it lasts. We're what, 4 episodes in? And we've really only covered 3 days or so.

TFK

16. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

3 Episodes in. I believe this season is only going to be 6 episodes, before the original series starts back up.

The original took a big dip in quality IMO, after it got picked up for the 2nd season and took quite awhile to recover. Hope this doesn't suffer the same fate.

17. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I hate everyone on the show...they all make incredible stupid decision...more so than the walking dead....1st the wife and kids move from their house to the neighbors house...WHy? WHy run? When she already killed a zombie or two...and her son had done the same....why run?.....2nd why would she used the catacomb flower garden to go back to her house when she spotted her husband truck coming back to the house??? Why not just cross the fucking street back to her house?? 3rd the STUPID daughter returning to the neighbors house for the bullets.....??

18. Panchyprsss

Have you ever seen a horror movie or show where no one makes stupid decisions?

19. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    If everyone made smart decisions, nothing would happen.

It's like Jason. Jason would never catch me. I would just go to a fucking mall. And go around the walking paths. He comes after me, i just walk around again. He can see me all he wants, but unless he can fly, he aint catching me. Cue Credits/

[​IMG]

20. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Enjoying the show so far, I just hope they do not 'escape' to the desert or the woods!

21. Panchyprsss

At one point or another you'll get so tired that you'll slow down and THEN he will catch you.

22. His_Royness

Of course not, but it always seems like they are trying to make the most stupid move possible next. This is not your average stupid. It's this "ok what kind of behavior will get at least three people killed, guaranteed? - Ok that we do!"

23. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Never. I dont even have to run. Also, i can cage myself in to one of those stores. Honestly, it would be a very boring, yet realistic horror movie. In the end, the monster and me would probably be friends and shit, laughing about this shit in 10 years. Of course i would have to accept his vice and overlook his killing, but that might be something to consider to have him on my side ya dig?

24. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Yeah, but think about it. You really have to be a dumb motherfucker to even stay in the same town with some fucking monster, let alone the same house and neighborhood.

25. His_Royness

Well if it's your house? You can't just give it up, can ya?

And with the zombies, they are everywhere.

26. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

As long as they don't catch the first flight out of LAX and escape to Atlanta, where they meet up with the parasitic Grimes clan and get slaughtered in their sleep while Carl falls asleep during watch duty.

27. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

At least this group has an excuse for acting stupid at this point in time. They don't know what the fuck is going on, they don't know zombies from Ebola victims, or black lives matter protesters. They just know shit is going downhill fast. Hell, they've even figured out a few things that the Grimes Family Robinson took fucking years to figure out.

Their stupid behavior isn't actually getting anybody killed yet. Have we forgotten the days when Carl would go out on a little adventure by himself in the woods with nothing but a pistol and a top hat, 3 adults would go out looking for him, and Carl would be the only one to come back...or when Laurie would steal a car and speed off to Hotlanta because she got a fucking hot flash, and would proceed to flip it over a zombie while she wasn't paying attention on some backwoods stretch, 3 adults would go out looking for her, and Laurie would be the only one to return safe and motherfucking sound? :lol:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  28. Anthony

Motherfucker
    I aint scared of no zombie. This is well established around here.

29. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

YUP......the wife returning to the house thru the catacomb garden...NOT a problem to stay hidden from the zombies...BUT the zombie is in her house already...so why not cross the street warn the husband?? And if you going thru the garden to avoid zombie DOn't fucking go thru screaming.....

it's just STUPID decision for the hell of it and to keep the story going...

30. His_Royness

so you would stay in the house? then you called yourself a dumb motherfucker... :lol: