Rich Froning: CrossFit.

Discussion in 'Training & Conditioning' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Now the fittest man in history, apparently:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D1ze-f7jS2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Buddy Rydell

Buddy Rydell Boxingpress Alumnus

Small animal repair technician
    Home Page:
    Perhaps in Crossfit terms, but that's a very subjective thing to say, and I bet there's a lot of top level athletes in other sports who would call bullshit. I've never watched one of those Crossfit competitions, but he's clearly a very in-shape guy.

Still, NFL athletes, top-notch rugby players, Olympic track and field athletes, and gymnasts would all have an equal chance at establishing that rep in my opinion.

The best rock climbers could easily make the transition. Crossfit is a young sport, so being the best at it is like being the best in Vince McMahon's XFL---a big fish in a small pond.

3. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

The fittest people HAVE to be Triathletes IMO.

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

But it's ambiguous because CrossFit is trying to be clever and cover both bases: strength and stamina.
    e.g. Chris Froome blows every CrossFitter away when it comes to MetCon/cardiovascular - but he most like can't benchpress 200lb for 10 reps
    Ditto, Javier Gomez Noya - as you say prob the best TriAthlete in the world today for swimming / running / cycling - but how much can he squat / press / deadlift?

And who 'looks' better?
    Froome?
    [​IMG]

Gomez-Noya?
    [​IMG]

Rich Froning?
    [​IMG]