1. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Everest - Solid re-telling of this tragic story. Great camerawork and special effects. A few very tense and moving scenes. Unfortunately I had to watch this on a Real3D Screen and not an IMAX3D screen ("The Walk" had taken all the IMAX screens), which probably left something to be desired in the 3D process. The Himalayan vista's and shots of Everest itself were incredible, but left something of an uncanny valley affect when people came into the frame. I believe this was shot in IMAX 3D and they had to degrade it to fit it on a Real3D screen.

I would have liked to have seen about another 1/2 hour of character development to get me to care about the ancillary characters a bit more. As it was, the Jason Clarke and Josh Brolin characters were the only ones who were really developed. From being very familiar with the story myself, most of the other characters/victims, had pretty compelling backstories that were glossed over or just given passing mention. Jake Gyllenhaal was pretty much wasted in this. The sherpa's also got pretty short shift here. We were told how important they were, but never really shown anything very much involving them, except bickering among themselves, or being unsuccessful in rescue attempts.

All in all, it was an enjoyable night out at the movies. If you can, see it on an IMAX screen. Not sure how it will translate to a regular theater screen, or even later on when it comes to your TV set. I would imagine it's a big screen type experience movie, like "Gravity" was.

7.5/10

[​IMG]

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5ZQVpPiOji0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

2. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Yeah this looked like it would be good. Good review. i will check it out.

3. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Like I said, try to find it on an IMAX. I was a little disappointed with the REAL3D version, at least from a visual standpoint.

4. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    Yeah these types of movies i usually watch on IMAX if i can.