Get ready for Mayweather vs Broner next year.

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by puerto rock, Nov 10, 2015.

1. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

The war has begun. Broner said "fuck TMT" and Mayweather responded saying that Broner did not really win a 4th world title, etc. etc. I have a feeling this will build between now and the middle part of the year, and especially if Broner-Theophane does end up getting made, and Broner wins... And yep, sad as it would be, I could see Floyd coming out of retirement and marketing the hell outta this fight. The World Star and TMZ generation of today will eat it up.

Not me. Hear me now, if this fight goes down, I will absolutely BOYCOTT that shit. I didn't pay for Mayweather-Berto and I sure as hell won't pay to see Floyd beat up some fraud who wants to be him.

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

In a fight billed as "Like I said before... at the end of the day..."

3. puerto rock

Basically.

This is Obi-Wan vs Anakin all over again.

4. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Floyd groupies will come around and say..."Broner is young hungry lion, the biggest threat to FLoyd's 0"....."Mayweather vs. Broner will be more competitive than Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, also more exciting"...:loser:

5. Xplosive

If it were up to me a Floyd vs Broner fight would take place in a freezing pool filled with box jellyfish and no paramedics on hand.

6. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Maybe a milion buys..MAYBE...people are SICK of MAYWEATHER vs. bums, never been has beens, etc...etc...

Only fight I see Floyd going over a million ppv buys today...are a rematch vs. the winner of Cotto vs. Canelo(1.5+mil).....Pacquiao rematch(2 mil) or GGG(if HBO hype the shit out of it and the WILL n they bring in those people who purchase ppv just to see if FLoyd will get beat..those people will come back RUNNING)...

7. Xplosive

Floyd-Pac rematch ain't doing no goddamn 2 million buys! I guarantee that!

There's no national demand for a rematch, as was the case for Holy-Tyson 2 for example. And it wouldn't sell nearly as many as Holy-Tyson II.

The casuals have moved on from that matchup, they'd never buy it again.

8. puerto rock

And piranhas. Though, I take that back because I don't think they could survive in cold water.

9. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Yes it will....

10. puerto rock

I can't see Mayweather-Pacquiao 2 reaching those numbers. Those two are now CLOWNS in the eyes of the mainstream public, especially Floyd and there NO WAY they could sell that to the people again. Plus with all the controversy afterwards, no way.

The only fight Floyd could sell the public is vs Triple G and that's because many think he'd get his ass beat.

11. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

At $60-70 a PPV it will SELL..of course Pacquiao has to get back in there with a NAME opponent....2 million is EASY...

May vs. GGG will do good...GGG is not as famous/popular as HBO/boxing writer will want to make you think...but it will sell 1,250,000 ppv or so...

12. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    I said this week's ago

13. Fighter

Fighter Undisputed Champion

Look for Mayweather in retirement to try and rewrite history. I've read him trying to discredit GGG. The laughable part was Mayweather saying he took risky chances in his career. Brother PLEASE!...He will be remembered for the most careful matchmaking, then fighting nowhere like he talks. Blood, sweat and tears? Brother PLEASE! Skills pays the bills? What? Holding, running, elbowing, ducking and dodging? Brother PLEASE! Didn't hit Pacquaio with a single combination, not one!

Mayweather-Pacquaio II will still do huge numbers and the fight that makes the most money sense. Let's see how Manny's shoulder looks but he has interesting opponents without Mayweather...

14. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

That Broner is young hungry lion and the biggest threat to Floyd's '0'?

15. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Mayweather wouldn't fight Broner. That fight makes no sense (or cents).

I have to disagree with you though fighter, right NOW people remember him for not fighting Pacquaio until 2015...but in years to come they'll remember him fighting Cotto, Canelo, Corrales, Castillo, De La Hoya, Hatton etc.

"Like I said before", Hagler's competition was seen as nuth'n special at the time he retired but these days Minter, Sibson, Hamsho and these fellas are seen as the "cream of teh crop, i rise to the top, I'm a terminator like Arnold Schwts......"....well you get the idea. ;)

16. Fighter

Either he fought them too young or too old. Either too wet behind the ears or in semi-retirement or no business being in that division, too small.

Cotto and Corrales, his best wins. Castillo his best LOSS.

17. Double L

Double L Book Reader

This fight would make less sense than the Berto fight. Then again, there can be no presumed limit on the extent to which PBF is willing to exploit his fans.

I still say pbf is an underrated 130 pounder. People forget. He was not always the opportunistic cherry picking welter weight that most know today. Once upon a time he was a top guy at 130.

18. Destruction and Mayhem

Mayweather needs to stay retired. No one wants to see him fight anymore...unless it's a rematch against the winner of Cotto-Canelo, GGG or a Pacquiao that has comprehensively defeated one of those previously two..

19. Fighter

And by the way, after that first Castillo fight, what did Mayweather give excuses about? He said he hurt his shoulder in training...

20. Destruction and Mayhem

The excuse was legit. It was obvious that he was protecting his left during the fight. Doesn't matter anyway, he won clearly.

21. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

... lol

It's a recurring theme in boxing where a sharp flashy boxer who's used to dynamically dominating comes against a "spoiler" of an opponent that may not actually beat up the flashy guy but he muddles up the fight and takes the shine away. The flashy boxer usually reacts in one of three ways: he panics and starts fighting stupid, he adjusts and regains control, or he just goes through the motions and hope things fix themselves. Floyd did the third thing to the point he was just running and posing around the ring in the middle rounds. When his corner told him to man up and win his shoulder was fine.

"Fuck ya shoulda!!!!!"

22. Fighter

But he called Manny a coward for sustaining a injury and fighting on...lol

He got hit more and was on his bike for most of the fight. Castillo dictated and forced the pace and WON that fight clearly.

23. puerto rock

If there is a fight that Floyd lost, it would be that first fight with Castillo.

I had it close for Mayweather, but it could have gone either way. The HBO team was way too one sided in their commentary.

24. puerto rock

[video=youtube;kv7s_rV7T2E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7s_rV7T2E[/video]

25. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Looking like a skinny co rick ross...

26. Xplosive

AB looks nothin like Freeway Rick Ross in that video.

He does like CO/Rapper William Roberts though..

27. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

yeah..yeah...okay whatever..like I'm going to know Correction officer...real name..he isn't Nasir jones...Shawn Carter..Christopher Rios, Lamont Coleman...etc...I don't need to know his real name..

28. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Talk business about what>>???....

29. puerto rock

Broner is really hurt here.

He's on the verge of tears!! :drl: :drl:

30. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Broner is a retard...even while he and Floyd were playing that big bro/lil bro shit...team mayweather(uncle roger, floyd sr.) didn't like his ass...they would disrespect him all the times.....Broner wasn't like a lil bro who wanted to hang out with his big bro....Broner comes off like a clingy female...desperate for attention and love...