1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

[​IMG]
    Joy(2015) This was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting much after the so-so reviews it has gotten, but gave it a try since it was made by the same people who did 'Silver Lining Playbook' which I enjoyed it a lot. This one was truly a joy, pun intended. Jennifer Lawrence plays Joy, the real life blue collar young lady who invented the magic mop and this is the story of all the struggles she had and obstacles she overcame until finally achieved her goal. Lawrence is really good here which, gasp, could land her yet another Academy Award nomination. Robert DeNiro plays her negative, hot tempered, argumentative father, but nothing to shine for the old thespian. Bradley Cooper, who has become sort of Lawrence obligatory co-star lately in anything that is not 'Hunger Games' doesn't show up until much later in the plot and he is really good too. Without spoiling anything, this is a very effective, fun but yet emotional journey of an ordinary woman who one day decides she will not be content with the mediocrity in her life an aspires to greatness by working hard and making tough decisions. Inspiring and entertaining. 8/10

2. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    You're nuts. This movie is a 5 at best

3. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

It's a solid 7 for me. Decent but very predictable, everything that happens 'next' is fully expected.

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Jennifer Lawrence is just annoying now.

5. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

GTFOH! this is a very entertaining dramedy with lots of redeeming values. Lawrence was great here.