Batman v Superman breaking box office records?

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

[​IMG]

Either audiences ignored the critics 30% rotten score rating or they had already bought tickets in advance before the negative reviews came in, but the truth is that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice shattered all previous box office records for a Thursday night debut with a whooping $27.7 million. That is a better opening night than Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron ($27.6 million), The Avengers ($18.7 million), The Dark Knight ($18.5 million), Iron-Man 3 ($15.6 million) and leaves in the dust the all time pre-Easter record from 'Furious 7' ($17.6 million).

It will be interesting to see how the film performs after its first two front-loaded days when DC die-hard fans clear the room for regular viewers on Saturday night and for families on Sunday. Will the negative reviews and possible bad word of mouth had any effect on audiences elevating the film to megablockbuster status or will its numbers began to dwindle after tonight? One sign of hope for DC & WB is that all the films mentioned before grossed over $1 billion worldwide so they are hopeful this is the case here. On the other hand none of those films had such terrible reviews as this one. Interesting scenario.

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  2. Panchyprsss

International box office:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has grossed $44 million in two days at 38 markets. In some countries its numbers have been better than 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'. If the film keeps this pace it will get a worldwide gross of over $350 million for the weekend.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  3. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Good! I hope Zack Snyder fucks the critics in the ass and gets to make another "Watchmen" movie.

:pray:

4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I'm still more excited for this than that stupid ass Civil War shit.

Ironman and Captain America are faggots compared to Batman and Supy.

5. Panchyprsss

Not happening.

6. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

All I've heard is that this movie is pretty good....

7. Panchyprsss

:laugh11:

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Just saw it.

It is GOOD! Fuck the critics. I enjoyed it.

It wasn't the best Superhero film ever made but it's certainly worth the watch and it pretty much what you'd expect given the trailers. I wasn't disappointed.

9. Destruction and Mayhem

Civil war is more than just Iron man vs Captain America. You also have Black Panther, War Machine, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Black Widow, Hawkeye and last but not least....Spider man. Far more depth to the plot in that film; far more potential.

10. Panchyprsss

Ben Affleck sad reaction to bad reviews of 'Batman v Superman'.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cwXfv25xJUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

11. Panchyprsss

Monday actual numbers tallied to $166.1 million, a $4 million short of what was first estimated.

Lets take a brief look at the audience demographic percentages: Batman v Superman: Yawn of Justice received a so-so "B" Cinemascore with a "B-" coming from males, which made up 62% of the audience, and "B" from females. Audience members under the age of 18, however, scored it an "A-", which brings our attention to next weekend. 70% of the under 18 audience were boys. Older moviegoers, who are arguably more influenced by reviews, were more skeptical. Only 6 percent of ticket buyers were over the age of 44, and only 3 percent over the age of 55 (I stayed home for the record).

Recent films such as The Avengers: Age of Ultron and Man of Steel saw 59.4% and 64.6% second weekend drops respectively. It's also worth noting a large drop should be expected no matter what, if only because $27.7 million of Batman v Superman's opening came from Thursday previews.
    [​IMG]

12. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

So I saw this yesterday.....who or what is coming?!? At the end someone said...get ur friends together we have to fight....so who is coming??

13. Panchyprsss

Per constant rumors and the Batman dream sequence, it will be 'DarkSeid', DC version of Thanos. So we will have the Justice League vs Darkseid movie AND The Avengers vs Thanos movie probably the same year! :lol:

[​IMG]

14. Destruction and Mayhem

Word. Darkseid DC version of Thanos.

15. Panchyprsss

So, did you watched it already? What's your verdict? :popcorn:

16. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    word

17. Destruction and Mayhem

What's YOUR verdict panchy?

18. Panchyprsss

I have not watched it yet.

19. Destruction and Mayhem

Well hurry up and watch that motherfucker! I watched it for a second time last night. I like it. I can see why many don't like it though because there are a lot of dream sequences and a great deal of short scenes strung together that can be confusing. However if you are interested in the narrative, like I am, you'd enjoy it and will follow what's going on but if you go in just looking for sustained super hero action and a simple plot you'd hate it.

20. Panchyprsss

Honestly I am not sure if I want to spend my hard earned money on a movie that so many people are calling it a turkey. I mean there are even comparisons with last year's 'Fantastic Four', a movie I watched for free at home, but that bored me to death. If a decent looking stream becomes available I'll watch it at home. But if next weekend I am free of any obligations and change my mind I'll catch it at the $5 cinema. :l3: