Everything Wrong with 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Like the thread title states this a SPOILERS filled discussion. If you have not seen the movie and don't want to have your experience ruined, stop reading NOW.

If you have seen the movie or just don't give a shit about the film, then join the discussion or read on.

First of all the script is so convoluted with failed logic, plot holes and nonsense that the fact that it made so much money on its opening weekend tells more about these characters' fanboys loyalty which ultimately is the saving card for DC & WB greedy attempt to cash-in on the superhero mania that Marvel does so well. Lets just point out the biggest offenders.

Lex Luthor: forget Jessie Eisenberg's Jim Carrey Riddler impersonation for a moment because as bad as that is, Luthor's biggest crime is lacking a motive to go against Superman in the first place. I mean, what was his motivation? why he wants Superman destroyed so bad? it is never stated. Was it part of his daddy issues? and when he detonates the bomb in the wheelchair, what he gained? I mean people died and some were questioning if Supe has anything to do with it, but ultimately, so what? Superman left unscratched. Okay, that didn't work out, so he has his mother kidnapped (how the hell he knew Martha Kent was his adopted mother????) to force him to kill Batman and bring him his head...how does that advances his plan to destroy Superman? I mean, he never had a beef with Batman before, but now instead of Superman he wants Batman dead? :scratcher: Oh, and when that doesn't work, then he puts General Zod body in a pool inside one of the kryptonian ships, does a classic Hammer Films Dracula resurrection ritual by offering his own blood spilled on the lips of the dead count, I mean, General and BAZINGA! Doomsday is born! Not the comicbook Doomsday, the escaped insane supercriminal, but the Lord of The Rings Cave troll reject that mated with the same cave's Balrog demon.

Batman's beef with Superman is basically 'he has enough power to destroy all of us...I have to kill him" Hmmm...what about Obama & Putin? they also have enough power to push a button and destroy mankind. In other words, Bruce Wayne/Batman's motivation is flawed too. And what is his plan? get into a fist fight with the alien demi-god, some kryptonite gas bomb and...a spear? Seriously? All Superman had to do was use his heat vision from a safe distance and turn Batman into roasted charcoal. And after defeating Superman, he has a change of heart because Kal-El mentions the name 'Martha'? seriously? "Oh, cool, my mom's name was Martha too...lets be friends now, right pal?" :rolleyes:

And what about that incomplete cool chase between the Batmobile and the baddies in the truck. Superman stops Batman from getting the bad guys. Why? why he let them go? and why Batman decided just to go back to the BatCave when he obviously was so damn close to the warehouse?

And what with all the cool DC heroes logos in the videos of the 'meta-humans' from Lex Luthor's computer? How does this advanced the plot? weren't Bruce & Diana Prince, separately supposed to be digging for Luthor's crime plans or evidence of his involvement in criminal activities? Instead they got cool youtube-like videos of the Flash, Aquaman & Cyborg 'cause, hell, they HAD to be connected SOMEHOW to these characters for the sake of Warner Bros plans even though it didn't made any sense at all.

And what the heck was the 'ghost of dead Robin' scene all about? He warned Bruce that Lois Lane was the key...for what? Sure she eventually ended almost drowned trying to recover the spear she herself tossed in a small pool that later turned out to be deeper that what it looked like at first, but she was key to nothing.

And Diana Prince...who is she? why she is around? who are the people she surrounds with? We can speculate all we want, but the movie never elaborates on her. For the uninitiated, the appearance of Wonder Woman comes as a big WTF moment. Snyder forgot to show that Diana Prince is, you know, special.

There is more, but I'll leaving something for you guys.

2. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Bruce Wayne's motivation isn't flawed AT ALL! If there was a literal Superman on this planet I'd want him killed too. Too dangerous to keep around. What if he went rogue? Dude could just walk into your house and rape your wife and daughters and there's not a damned thing you could do about it. Think about it. I'd be trying my best to get my hands on Kryptonite too.

Superman wasn't expecting the Kryptonite so why would he fry him with Heat vision from a safe distance? Think about what you're saying pal! Batman's fight plan made sense. Lure him into a false sense of security and then lay the Kryptonite gas bomb on him.

I agree with the Batman change of heart because of the "Martha" thing. That was ludicrous. Doomsday creation was too.

That was the Flash, not the ghost of dead Robin.

3. Panchyprsss

In the comicbooks, like 'Kingdom Come' it is established that Batman keeps kryptonite in a secret place in the batcave 'just in case'. That makes more sense than to go trying to kill Superman who has been saving people and felines on trees and had already a statue at the 'heroes park'. The logical thing was to monitor him, not to try to murder him just as a preventive measure.

Superman can detect kryptonite unless it is hidden in lead, the only metal he has trouble using his x-ray vision. In the film is never established that Batman covered kryptonited in lead nor that Kal-El has trouble with it so it comes as a flaw. And then...a spear? really? why not kryptonites bullets and shoot him?

That was the Flash? My sources told me it was Robin played by Justin Bieber!
    [​IMG]

4. Destruction and Mayhem

I see your point regarding monitoring as opposed to murdering him. Still, do you really want to wait and find out if he'll remain good or not? By the time you find out he's gone rogue it may be too late. Someone with that level of power is too dangerous to keep around.its not like he has Spider-Man or even Iron Man power, this guy could destroy cities in minutes.

Secondly, Superman wouldn't even have known what kryptonite was before an initial encounter with it. How would he have even known that it would be dangerous to him?

5. Panchyprsss

Wasn't he already weakened by it in 'Man of Steel' that required Lois Lane and ghost dad/hologram Russell Crowe to rescue him so he could get a sunbath and be healthy again?

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Kryptonite wasn't in man of steel per se, he was weakened by the ship's atmospherics from what I recall ( which would be related to the eventual kryptonite after the destruction of the ship)

I will say though that this explanation for the existence of Krytonite is far more plausible than the original version where lex Luthor just happens to know that a rock from krypton ( a planet thousands of light years away) happened to land in Ethiopia

7. r o o s t e r

r o o s t e r "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I knock motherfuckers out
    with multiple superheroes, and each superhero having multiple movies, it does feel like we're starting to see the same tropes repeated. the government committee treating a superhero like a "weapon of mass destruction" which needs regulation - done with superman in BvS, and it was already done with iron man in Iron Man 2?

8. Panchyprsss

And the same premise returns in a couple of weeks in 'Captain America: Civil War'.

9. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Too many loopy dream sequences. This movie was a drag and I can barely remember any scenes. Lex Luthor was terrible just as I expected with the casting of that dude and I do like the actor. He just wasn't for this role.

The Flash is my favorite super hero and I didn't like the casting of the actor to begin with. The cameo was straight up trash and pointless.

I'm a Zach Snyder fan and I love Watchmen and Man of Steel but I hated Sucker Punch and now BvS. No director is perfect.

10. Panchyprsss

I also agree with the too many dream sequences. One is okay, but more than two is too much. Also agree about The Flash casting. I mean, why hire a flamboyant fag when they already got a solid Flash in their own tv series? Makes no sense. BTW the WB president hinted that The Flash & Cyborg will be paired together in a single 'FUN' movie instead of the original plan of each of them have their own individual movie.

11. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I swear to baby Jesus...that when I saw the Facebook guy..I thought he was the riddler.....Luther?....Nah I didn't buy it...

12. Panchyprsss

Lex Luthor has NEVER been portrayed correctly on films. Blame the Gene Hackman version for starting the whole Luthor as a comic relief buffoon. It was wrong on 1978 it is still wrong on 2016.

13. Destruction and Mayhem

Word. Luther in the comics was a serious and scary dude. Still loves Gene Hackman's Luthor nevertheless

14. Panchyprsss

Lex Luthor is a scientist/genius inventor, not a real state mogul like Hackman's version or a yuppie blogger with daddy issues.

15. r o o s t e r

r o o s t e r "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I knock motherfuckers out
    spacey's luthor was pretty good as I remember it

16. Panchyprsss

He was forgettable and also was channeling Hackman.

17. Joe King

Player
    Yeah it's dumb. The entire Flash cast is made out of good actors. I don't buy the tv actor can't do a movie bullshit. The Green Arrow got cast as Casey Jones in the TMNT2 movie and he's going to kill it.

The Flash actor Grant Gustin just landed a major movie role. By the time The Flash movie was due out, the series would be on season 5. Well established.

18. Destruction and Mayhem

i dunno why you like the flash so much joe King. He's a boring superhero. He's completely overpowered. Impossible to beat by anyone including superman.

19. Joe King

Player
    I've been a fan since the 90's series and now the current series. It is very well done. Check it out. Yes, he is the most powerful superhero. They don't portray him as that though.

20. Destruction and Mayhem

I'll check it out. But as I was saying the comic writers have given him too much power. It's bad enough that he's as fast as light. Shit with that speed you don't need any other power. But now he can reverse time, steal speed from people, phase through solid objects, vibrate into people and if that's not bad enough apparently he has an infinite mass punch as well. DC go overboard with their heroes. They give'em everything.

21. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

22. Panchyprsss

Originally Zack Snyder had Billy Zane in mind to play Lex Luthor, which would have been an awesome choice as he is naturally bald and has a proven record of delivering memorable villains, from 'Dead Calm' to 'Titanic' and 'Demon Knight'. But when WB rejected him because, you know, Zane hasn't had a hit film since, well, 'Titanic' back in the 90's, Snyder then picked Jesse Eisenberg who has a track record of killing films! :lol:
    [​IMG]

23. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Eisenberg is one the most annoying and irritating actors of all time.

Ditto, Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

24. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

werd...his performance in fb movie has really blinded hollywood....he can play the annoying little shit very WELL....but if he doesn't suffer a long painful death at teh end of his movies..it's NO FUN.

25. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

And furthermore, he's into 'saving' Women, Children and Animals. :wack:

26. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

How come a thread like this wasn't done for that piece of shit Star Wars movie? I thought BvS was better.

27. Panchyprsss

Because you are fucking wrong! That is why.

28. Panchyprsss

After five weeks it seems very few people wants to watch this film or forgot is still playing. The projections are that it will barely crack $3 million this weekend in the #9 spot and will be gone from the top ten next weekend, which means that the film will end up making less than even Spider-man 3 another reviled movie with an identical budget that finished its run with $336 million domestically and $890.8 million worldwide. And if you remember SONY had to revamp the Spider-man franchise after the disappointing box office and bad reviews.

29. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    :goodnews:

30. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Of course you did.
    That's cos you've always had a Pro-DC agenda, that's why. :rolleyes: