Golovkin vs Wade

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Jimmy, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Has anyone heard of Wade? Seen him fight? This just feels like it will be a routine win for Golovkin and everybody's just waiting for him and Canelo to get it on.

2. Jimmy

I don't know anything about Wade. Golovkin can be hit, but he's shown that he can take a shot. Murray fought fire with fire and had a lot of success targeting GGG's body, but Triple G has such power in both hands that all of his opponents get fucked up eventually. This is Wade's opportunity to make some sort of name for himself. He may lose (and is expected to), but he might expose some weaknesses in Golovkin. Who knows. I hope Wade doesn't retreat as soon as he feels GGG's power. I hope he's willing to try and impose himself on Triple G and aims to get his shots off. He is unbeaten so he'll be confident.

3. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    the kid fighting gonzalez is better than wade

4. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Wade is a three time champion and finals MVP. I don't see that on the resume of the guy Gonzalez is fighting.

5. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Never heard of him. Likely just another Golovkin KO 3 in a nice workout and then on to the more serious stuff. Still, last time I said something like that was when Tyson fought Buster Douglas.

6. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

you are just showing your bias against irishmen

7. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Golovkin career has turned into such a disapointment.

8. Double L

Double L Book Reader

hbo thinks they can have golovkin and chocolito duke it out for p4p by facing stiffs. especially on ggg side. shit is getting old with ggg.

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Shit has GOTTEN Old w/GGG...

For the 457th Time, There's a Division 8lbs NORTH Where he Could ENHANCE his Legacy and Add Names to The Ledger...Instead, GGG is Fine w/Putting his Career on ICE, as he Waits (Hopes, PRAYS) that Canelo will Face Him...

Now, Even Errol Spence has a Name AS Good, or BETTER than Any on GGG's Resume...As Team Golovkin Continues to Speak of his FAUX "Drawing Power" and Face Opponents That Would Make Richard Frazier and Glen Kelly Say "WHO", Other Fighters are Finding Themselves in Increasingly MORE Important Bouts...

Fuck GGG...

REED:FU!:

10. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

I consider myself a big boxing fan and a fan of GGG and I like to see boxers I like test and prove themselves. Having said that, I don't care at all to see GGG move up and fight Degale, Jack or whoever is there. The Canelo fight needs to happen and people need to quit making excuses for the Ginger.

11. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

I'd like to see golovkin vs zurdo ramirez, but it's not a fight anyone is clamoring for

12. Punk

Punk "Twinkle Toes" McJack Staff Member

Golovkin will pound Canelo into dust.

Then he needs to move the fuck up.

13. Jesus of montreal

I don't understand this mentality. Are these fights the most interesting fights in boxing ? No. But they sure are a lot more compeling than GGG vs the Wade and Monroe of this world.

14. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

15. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Golov would be fucked if they were playing 1-on-1.
    [​IMG]

16. Jimmy

De La Hoya's saying shit like "the fight needs time to marinate," "if we aim to make the fight happen now Canelo gets 90-10," "there would be a lot of complications." That's just basically telling me it's highly unlikely the fight ever happens.

17. Double L

Double L Book Reader

canelo is too busy fighting welterweights.

18. Xplosive

He should fight a certain welterweight from Dallas, who would give him an ass whuppin.

19. Double L

Double L Book Reader

he should. but he won't.

20. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Really???...you probably never say it publicly cause you have to protect boo...but you probably thought it a bunch of times during Floyd's career....Sosa..Ndout...Corley..Bruseles..Gatti..Mitchell...etc..etc..

21. Bordon

No they're not. Jack and Degale don't interest me just because they happen to be around and holding titles. I don't give a fuck about those guys at all, no one does. GGG vs Canelo is the fight that needs to be made and should be made.

It's not about this girly love/hate hero/villain stuff you guys have going on. It's not about protecting the ginger in hopes that he'll be a star on Floyds resume. It's about making the goddamn motherfucking fight people want to see. Boxing fans are so fucked and convoluted this barely seems to register.

22. Jesus of montreal

Your post is all over the place. First of all, Jack and Degale are levels above the Wade and Monroe of this world, not because they have title, but because they have beaten quality fighters (while these other guys only beat C level fighter), and have a lot more talent and skills. Not to mention that a Degale fight would be pretty big in the UK I think. Secondly, yes GGG vs Canelo is the more compelling fight, but if this fight never materialize, it doesn't give a pass for GGG to only fight garbage man for the rest of his career. The guy is 34 years old ffs, he has to make a move soon, or his career will be even more farcial than Calzaghe one.

As for your second paragraph, it just doesn't make any senses. Seems like the mad rambling of a drunkard.

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

But Dela's RIGHT...

@ This Point, Canelo Could RIGHTFULLY Demand a 90-10 Split AND a Catchweight...GGG NEEDS the Bout a Helluva Lot More than Canelo Does...

REED:hammert:

24. Xplosive

You sure about that? Mexican fans are very knowledgeable and unforgiving. Won't be long til they start calling Nelo a bitch for continually ducking Golov.

25. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Would MUCH Rather See GGG Challenge Himself @ a Higher Weight, than WASTE Time Waiting for Canelo to Face Him, After WASTING 1 1/2 Years on the FALSE Premise of Getting a Date w/Cotto...

But Hey, if YOU Prefer GGG vs. Willie Monroe II Over a Crack @ a Supermiddle Title, Soooooo Be It....

26. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Yes, REED is POSITIVE about That...

There's PLENTY of Jr. Middles Canelo Could Occupy His Time w/, Not to Mention Middleweights Like Andy Lee, Quillin, Jacobs, Lemieux, Geale, Cotto (Again), etc...

Would REED LIKE to See Canelo vs. GGG???...Absolutely...But Make NO Mistake, GGG NEEDS the Bout Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar More than Canelo Does...

27. Bordon

Jack and Degale are average fighters that scraped by average fighters to tediously stand on top of a weak division. They're Willie Monroe with no GGG to knock them out. I don't really care if GGG fights them, Wade or Tureano Johnson. No one does. You're pretending they'd be career defining wins or something but theyd just be another semi anonymous "best opponent yet" and that's getting harder to sell. Be even harder the next time after he smashed these guys up.

28. Bordon

Reed is hoping that if Canelo can beat up the Kirklands and Angulos long enough to go along with his legendary decisive victories over Lara, Trout and prime Cotto that he can stroll his way into casual barbershop greatness and enhance Floyds legacy. Just one bump in the road to avoid...

Ginge got skooled by Floyd, scraped past Trout, and arguably lost to Lara. His best win is over an over the hill Cotto that he outweighed by 20 lbs. Be too hard to argue his legendary elite status while he's sleeping it off, eh Reed?

29. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Uuuuuuuh, REED Hasn't Been a FAN of Floyd's Since the Ricky Hatton Fight & Therefore COULDN'T Care Less about his Legacy...

Nice Try Though...

Canelo's SEVERAL Years Younger than GGG, Yet his Resume Diarrhea Shits on GGG's Resume...But YOU Have No Problem w/That, Huh???...

REED:shit #2:

30. Bordon

Canelo is so much more proven they shouldn't even fight. GGG may die in the ring.