Anthony Joshua v Dominic Breazeale

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

1st IBF defense, June 25th, London O2 Arena (again)

"Come on, AJ!!" :rolleyes:

2. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Watched a little bit of Breazeale and as I suspected, he looks shite. Was always going to be a gimme though, let's be honest.

3. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

It's cool. Joshua shouldn't be rushed. Too many boxing fans are too impatient. #chillwinston

4. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Watching joshua spark out bums is still fun. A bunch of my friends who don't like boxing all come and watch the joshua fights now- early, emphatic kos are popular

5. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

They're building Joshua up the right way.

6. Jimmy

Been watching some Breazeale fights. Man, he's awful, just awful.

7. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

If Joshua wasn't ready to fight the best in the division, he shouldn't have fought for a title. When you're a champion (though I don't remember if he's a ''real'' champion of if there some super/interim shenanigans) you should be ready to fight the best in the division. Not waste everyone's time with the Breazeale of the world. A Derreck Chisora would have been the minimum acceptable. A.J. seems like another fighter who will milk the sport while being defended by his gullible fans.

8. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I look it differently. IMO you simply need to ignore his title belt since IBF title means absolutely nothing.

A softer touch in 17th pro fight is acceptable after beating your first top-10 opponent. Just don't lok him as a champion since he isn't

9. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Murray vs Groves on undercard is intetesting btw. Somebody's 0 has to go, as one is 0-3 in big fights and the other one is 0-3-1

10. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

THIS...

For Better or Worse, Tyson Fury is the "Champion", Because he Beat Wlad....Period...As REED Types, Even Deontay Wilder Currently has a STRONGER Claim to "The Heavyweight Championship of the World" than Anthony Joshua Does...As Is, Joshua's "Title" is a BARGAINING CHIP; INCENTIVE to Face Him...And his Growing POPULARITY Will Only Add Incentive to Face Him...

Absolutely NO Need to Rush a 16-0 Guy Into Bouts w/TOP TIER Opposition...Despite the Success, Joshua's STILL Learning...This Time NEXT Year, He'll Likely Be SEASONED Enough to Take on Anybody in the World...

REED:mj:

11. Azazel

A Derreck Chisora level fighter wouldn't be ''rushing him into top tier opponents'', but it would at least be a mildly interesting fight (and with a lot of hype in the UK if it's literally Delboy) where the opponent won't just lay down. Plus, it would also work in AJ interest, he'll learn absolutely nothing by destroying Breazeale.

12. Azazel

Come on, Charles Martin was both the top 10 opponent and the soft touch lol

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Again, Joshua's Had 16 Fights Dude...If he Ends Up Facing a Chisora Type Fighter in Bout 18 or 19, As Opposed to Bout 17, is it Really THAT Big of a Deal???...

REED:mut:

14. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    i agree with MR. REED- the title is irrelevant and this is a decent match up at this stage for a young prospect. As an unbeaten former U.S. olympian breazeal should be decently marketable too. If he keeps fighting every 3 months we'll get to the better match ups soon enough

15. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Just watched Breazele against Mansour. The guy is hot garbage, and by the way he got rocked and dropped by Mansour, he doesn't even looked durable. He's a little bit crafty, but he's slow, unexplosive and uncoordinated. Kind of a poor man orthodox version of Tony Thompson. This is a pointless fight. But still, AJ is a young fighter, and he's fighting frequently, but he better not make a habit of fighting this level of opposition.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  16. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

Other than being tall and slow I dont get the Thompson analogy; but yeah, he sucks.

17. Jimmy

This is basically a fight to attract more casual fans to the sport and to see Joshua knock out another opponent in style. It's to build Joshua's popularity. Nothing more to be honest.

18. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

This is a great fight for Weatherspoons pubs with 10-20 plasma TV screens arounf 10.30pm on a Saturday night.

19. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Breazeale is a much better opponent than Chisora. I think he'd beat Chisora straight up, but even if not, he's much more interesting on paper. Chisora is a loud loser. Breazeale would beat Martin pretty easily, imo.

The IBF does its best to be considered worse than the WBA. However, they lucked into having an interesting heavy champ after having the most obscure one in the recent past, and arguably, in forever.

Joshua gets another undefeated American on his resume. Didn't waste a lot of time making his first defense. Stays relevant. Makes some money. Far worse ways to go at this point of his career.

20. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

Brazier is awful lol

21. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

PPV? Seriously Eddie? Fuck you ya cunt.

22. Jesus of montreal

That is another one of your completely ungrounded absurd statement. There is nothing in Breazeale career that suggest he is a better fighter than Chisora. The guy was getting beat and hurt by a 42 years old mansour. And he has only fought garbage man otherwise. Chisora, while no world beater, only got beat by the truly elite and was even competitive with VK. But then , considering your childish obsession with undefeated record, cant say im too surprised

23. Jimmy

Joshua will continue to fight on PPV. That's just the way it is unfortunately.

24. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Right! Another dramatic ko, over before the drunks get bored, everyone leaves buzzed up and talking about it positively on monday. In sharp contrast to the wald pussy-fury tag and hug match earlier in the month. It's good promotion at this stage

25. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I know you like to look at my dick, and it's a cute obsession, but Breazeale has a substantial am, am/semi-pro career and has been on tv many times. Perhaps you don't know what absurd means. Getting hurt by a hard punching, brick shithouse like Mansour means very little.

Chisora did the sport a favor by taking away Malik's O and if he beat Breazeale it wouldn't be a miracle, but I'd be glad to take the bet if that fight ever materializes. I think Breazeale outclasses him pretty easily.

Saying Chisora has only been beaten by the sport's 'truly' elite is really stretching that concept, too. Chisora is basically a tough journeyman/gate keeper with a big mouth.

26. Jimmy

Who has Breazeale ''outclassed'', ever?

27. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

28. Jesus of montreal

I barely ever respond to your post, so fuck off with the victim complex. I don't know if you realise, but we are talking about pro boxing, not am boxing, so Breazeale am career is pretty much irrevelant. He might develop to be a better fighter than Chisora, but at this point, there is no argument to say he is. I doubt he will though, and seeing how small old mansour was so easily able to get inside and tap that ass, I'm pretty sure Chisora woul thrash him. Also, saying that Chisora have only been beaten is not stretching the concept. HIs only real losses are against Fury, Vitaly and Haye.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  29. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Joshua is making all the right moves to become the next 'Britian's Got Boxing Talent' Mum 'n' Dad' Family-Favorite.

30. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

And this is why fighting this type of stiff is not acceptable. I agree with the principles Mister REED outlined in theory but that isn't the official line. The official line from Hearn, as dodgy a prick as his dodgy-as-fuck old man was and who is responsible for the absolute charade that is Kell Brook's title 'reign', is that this is the HW Champ of the World making tough defences against unbeaten American fighters so we all have to pay the premium rate to watch it.

You cannot have it both ways. Either Joshua is the World HW Champ and a PPV-level fighter so he should be fighting worthy opponents, or he is a young up-and-comer who took the weakest portion of the HW title and is still learning his trade. If it is the latter, get him off PPV cards against blokes he'll be heavily favoured to light up inside three rounds.

MTF