Alice Bombs while X-Men disappoints at the box office

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, May 29, 2016.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

[​IMG]

In the clash of titans at the box office between Disney & Fox this weekend, after the smoke cleared, one contender remained knocked out on the canvas while the other was so badly injured it could barely claim victory. Disney's Alice Through The Looking Glass the sequel to the 2010 'Alice in Wonderland' which went on to gross over $1 billion worldwide bombed miserably with a lame $28 million. That is catastrophic for the $170 million budgeted film. The reviews were merciless with a 29% rotten (which dispels Rainmaker conspiracy theory of Disney paying off critics) so word of mouth will not help this film. the studio is now hoping that the overseas grosses can decrease the financial bleeding while not expecting it to show any profit at all (the international opening was $65 million in 72% of the markets). Many pundits claim 'X-Men' just destroyed 'Alice', a film that was more suitable for a spring release than in the crowded blood bath of summer blockbusters.
    [​IMG]
    X-Men: Apocalypse had a very disappointing opening of $65 million while claiming the top spot. The Fox film was hoping for an opening in the range of $90-$100 million since the prior film, X-Men: Days of Future Past had a smashing $110.5 million on Memorial Day weekend two years ago. Many factors can be attributed to this poor performance: superhero fatigue, lame reviews, declining franchise, competition from other movies that brought as a result canceling each other. Whatever the case, this is a major fiasco for the company that just was finishing celebrating 'Deadpool' success a few minutes ago.

Angry Birds came in third place with $19 million for a current domestic total of $72 million.

Captain America: Civil War added $15 million in the fourth place and surpassed 'Deadpool' as the current domestic highest grossing film so far with $377 million.

Finally in the fifth spot Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising took $9.1 million for a two weeks total of $40.2 million.

Actual numbers will be released tomorrow.

Babe of the day: Alizee

[​IMG]

2. Panchyprsss

X-Men: Apocalypse with its 48% Rotten score is now the second worst reviewed film in the franchise just behind X-Men Origins: Wolverine (38%) and a notch higher than X-Men: The Last Stand (58%). The top highest rated are X-Men: Days of Future Past (91%), X-Men: First Class (87%) and X2:X-Men United (86%)

X2: X-Men United

[​IMG]

3. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Who´s the chick shaking her ass?

4. Panchyprsss

French pop star Alizee. I even made a thread about her some time ago.

[​IMG]

5. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

X-Men films are mostly shit. Their replay value is mediocre to nonexistent and I wouldn't even care if they stopped making them altogether. I'll go see this one just like the rest, but I have very low expectations.

6. Panchyprsss

I'm a fanboy. I will watch it, but I already know that the makers messed up big time with the previous films timeline AGAIN that pisses me up. where is the freaking CONTINUITY?

Babe of the day: Yanet Garcia
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  7. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Panchy that babe is delicious

8. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

I don´t agree that they´re outright shit, but replay-value - dead right.

And I don´t know about anyone else, but Hugh Jackman screaming everytime he charges toward something\someone with his claws extracted....is fucking lame.

9. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

X men films are very good, not all of them, but the standard has usually been high. They've never quite captured the comic books with this franchise ( unlike the MCU with the Avengers) but the first two films set the high standard for superhero films and the first two prequels were Good too.

10. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    i dont think hindsight will be favourable to many of these superhero movies at all...in 10 years the imdb score of Thor will probably be 4/10 (deservedly)

11. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Warcraft gets shit reviews from Disney critics.

12. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I went to see Alice Through The Looking Glass today mainly because I am a fan of the books and because my girlfriend wants to see anything including Johnny Depp.

It wasn't complete crap but not much more either, completely mediocre at best. Visually it was superb as is any big money film these days, but the originally anarchistic story has been tamed to a Disney princess film

13. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

X2 and First Class were by far the two best.

Days of Future Past bored me to death.

14. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Yeah DOFP comes on tv and I just turn the channel. There's a couple cool action scenes involving the future Sentinels that's cool but the overall film is shit. To be honest I never bothered rewatching First Class either.

15. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    wow... she's so different from America's talent-free pop harlots

16. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Apocalypse was AWESOME. Best X-men movie so far.

17. Panchyprsss

I am still holding my review, but this was nowhere near the top of the best in the franchise.

18. Panchyprsss

Mexican Weather Girl Yanet Garcia doesn't look like that anymore since after she became a sensation was offered modeling jobs and now is very skinny, but still looks good IMO.

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016