Marvel's Iron Fist teaser trailer

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QCSPda7xQ3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Panchyprsss

I am sure that they will pull a 'Daredevil' maneuver and not show him in costume until the last episode.

3. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

All these Marvel television shows....Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron-Fist, The Defenders....are far more interesting and watch-worthy than even the most over-budgeted DC movie-shit.

Comical. (pun intended)

4. Panchyprsss

I'll give you that 'Daredevil' season 1 and 'Jessica Jones' season 1 were well made, more realistic and grittier than the big screen Marvel movies, but they lack in spectacle due to tv budget restrains.

5. Panchyprsss

By this second trailer I guess I was right, but now I wonder if they will get him in the costume at all!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pqc5GEwO7OQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Panchyprsss

Second full length trailer and from an article I read, don't expect him in costume at all!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oV2NEziEIgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

So, I´ve watched the first three episdoes of Iron Fist, which is the fourth in the Marvel TV series to accompany Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and all four characters share the same aspect of this ´universe´ or whatever.

First, I had not read anything about this show and watched one of panchy´s trailers so I gave it a go last night and it seemed to be totally watchable Marvel series, a little slow at times and the main character maybe a little weak. Also, its the fourth and last character to be developed so it might seem a bit deja vu at times.
    Id give it overall, 6/10, for the first episodes.

Then I read some reviews and it seems this show is getting so much shit and negativity....like ratings of 15% or ***** and Im like ´WTF? It wasnt that bad!´

So, I delved into it a bit deeper.
    And it appears this show is doomed to failure before and during its airing:
    * Online ´fans´ utterly distraught an disgusted that the character, Danny Rand isn´t being played by an Asian actor
    * the fact that Danny Rand is a white, rich, entreprenurial type has not gone down well with newspaper critics either....cos of the Trumpesque-vibes
    * claims of it being slow an boring and no sign of the Iron-Fist....errrrr, it took til the end of episode 1 for Luke Cage to get fucking started, so there´s no argument there
    * direct comparisons to Jessica Jones and Luke Cage...probably because, guess what? Those shows celebrate ´Diversity´, women and black folks, right

Clearly, this show has been a target for the Liberal snowflakes.

Astounding.

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I've finished Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I have to now watch Luke Cage before I can get to this.

9. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Seriously, Sly - this nw show is being destroyed for ridiculous reasons.
    You know what I´m like with Movies and TV shows: hate everything.....but I found Iron Fist enjoyable (so far! :lol:)

10. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Just finished the final three of the 13 episodes and tbh, they really stretched whatever they had.

Overall, youre not invested in either its hero (inconsistent, and amazingly stupid weedy guy) or villain (weak and hammy) so thus you didn’t care when they finally squared off.
    The writing lets the characters down — there’s only so much actors can do if the material isn’t there— and no amount of Marvel fandom can make up for the things that don’t work on a show.

I cant see how Iron Fist is going to fit into The Defenders series at all....Finn Jones is really miscast here.

After a rally mid-series, it just got dull and mis-jointed and out of 13 episodes, the number of times Danny Rand gets to use the Iron Fist?
    Maybe 50%

5/10

11. Panchyprsss

I watched the first two episodes and want to continue watching whenever I get a chance to (Mrs Panchy is binge watching Forensic Files & Frasier which leaves no time for me watching this). I agree with you about the political correctness bullshit. Iron-Fist Danny Rand has ALWAYS being a caucasian in the comicbook. These idiots protesting and whining should STFU and wait until Marvel does Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu, that is a role for an Asian actor, not Danny Rand. So far the origin story looks faithful to its source except for the lack of the costume.

12. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

See final review, above.

13. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

Haven't watched it but it looks like a piece of shit in the trailers. I'm sure the bad reviews reflect that more than some liberal conspiracy against comic books.