According to James DeGale...

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Jimmy, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

...he's got a date and venue for his next fight. A unification title fight. Surely that's going to be against Badou Jack. I've been waiting for this matchup for ages so hopefully it gets announced soon.

2. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

DeGale-Jack.... most anticipated fight since Leonard-Hearns 1...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  3. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    its an ok fight, but does anyone really give a fuck if it happens? hopefully one or the other wins in dominating fashion and creates a semi-compelling foe for golovkin, but i doubt it

4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I was talking about, but I actually think it'd be a decent fight.

I'd definitely favor DeGale.

5. Jimmy

Yes, it would be a good fight and one DeGale would win, on his way to 168lb supremacy.

GGG's not moving up to 168 anytime soon, if ever.

6. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

There isn´t a single aspect of DeGale....that would make me want to watch him in any fight.

7. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Really interesting fight. A shame that GGG will continue to duck the winner.

8. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

DeGale is the shit. He'll definitely win because he has that QPR blood in him.

9. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

I like Degale and I hope he wins in style. But any hope of him or Jack being a truly intriguing opponent for GGG outside of the UK went out the window when they both looked like shit in that doubleheader.

Degale has some skills and talent and may be a challenge if he can focus, stay disciplined and fight for all 12 rounds. Jack is pretty ordinary. GGG should walk through him if he carries the weight well and he isn't shot by the time he moves up.

10. Jimmy

:lol:

11. Jesus of montreal

GGG clearly said he wasn't interested in facing these guys cause the risk wasn't worth the reward. Both of these guys woul wipe their ass with every fighters GGG faced. It's a shame that a few boxing fans has swallowed the hook, line and sinker of HBO propaganda.

12. Jimmy

Never mind what GGG says. He once said Brook was too small but ended up fighting him. GGG's team clearly do not have any intention of moving their man up a division.

13. Jimmy

It's frustrating because GGG-DeGale in the UK would be a great bit of business.

14. Jesus of montreal

yeah, that really proves GGG is hellbent on picking the best available challenge :lol:

15. Jimmy

I'm a GGG fan and I'm getting very frustrated now. The Brook fight was a great bit of business between both parties financially. I've watched the fight back again recently and believe fighters should feel optimistic of their chances against Triple G. I think he's a great talent but Brook did show he has weaknesses. I don't believe for one second that GGG wanted to get hit that much. No fighter does. Brook showed the way, to a degree, with the hand speed and punch selection, but lacked movement.

If I was GGG's manager, I would seriously consider the DeGale fight because it would make sense financially and Triple G would get his props if he was to win. Hearn would love the idea of matching the two up also.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  16. Bordon

If it's really a good money fight in the UK then it'll happen but that relies on mooks like you standing up and being counted as demanding the fight, because Degale ain't shit over here.

I like Degale and I don't want to see GGG or any fighter protected from anyone, but this isn't an especially intriguing match up at all.

17. Jesus of montreal

It's not the mos exciting matchup in the sport, but it's a much more exciting one than the crap GGG has been feasting on. That's what I don't get with some boxing fan. Just because the best availabe fight for a boxer is not some kind of blockbuster superfight doesnt' mean that it's alright for him to avoid it. At this point, Jack or Degale (or even better, the winner of that fight) are pretty much the only intriguing fights that GGG can make (dont say Canelo, the dude doesnt want the fight). It's a disgrace that he prefers to fight bums instead of fighting these two guys.

18. Bordon

I get what you're saying but you're really reaching in this example. Degale and Jack are, at best, acceptable opponents. There's no intrigue other than abstract idea that they're the "best opponents" for no real reason at all.

19. Jesus of montreal

Well, you can't ask for more from a boxer than facing the best available opposition. Which makes it even more unexcusable from GGG to be avoiding these two since, as you said, they are not top10 p4p material.

To be honest, I'm starting to think that GGG is not as good as advertised. He looked like hot garbage in a few fights against mediocre oppositon (Geale, Brooks), and his reluctance to face anyone with a pulse makes me wonder if he doesnt knows himself he's a bit of a hype job.

20. Bordon

Sounds like wishful thinking. It seems like your resorting to this to have ammo against Golovkin. There's no mandate or any real demand for him to fight these guys. These guys can't even build intrigue for a unification fight between themselves yet before they even unify your claiming GGG is ducking them.

Common sense would say if he's going to move up and fight one of them it would be after they unify... Yet you're talking like he's been ducking them for years.

21. Jesus of montreal

I wouldn't say that GGG was ducking them if he had bigger fish to fry. THing is, he doesn't. These 2 guys have been the biggest threat to GGG for the last year and a half, yet GGG show no desire to fight them and prefer to fight some bums and some unproven welterweight. At the end of the day, if you're happy with that, it's your thing, but I won't pretend that GGG has beaten everyone he has to beat, nor that he's the most avoided fighter in the sport when he's clearly the one who's been avoiding these two fights. In fact, when you compare their resume these two guys are actually more proven than GGG.

22. Bordon

It sounds like your just a fan of Jack or Degale because it never occurred to me that they were the biggest threats and the legacy securing fights GGG needs. That sounds ridiculous...

23. Jesus of montreal

Who are these fighters that are bigger threats then?

24. Bordon

Tyson Fury? A rehabilitated Joe Calzaghe? Or maybe Billy Joe Saunders who has a win over Degale? At this point Jack and Degale are just a couple of dudes. Any idea of them being a particular challenge or intriguing matchup is entirely based on them being a division up, and you being desperate to find someone GGG is ducking.

25. Jesus of montreal

in which fucked up world does Saunders have a victory over DegGale? No wonder you completely dismiss these two guys since it seems you barely know anything about them. Anyways, Them being intriguing matchup is based on them beating better guys than GGG ever did. But then, at this point it's pretty obvious that you're completely mesmerized by HBO propaganda

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  26. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Jimmeh aint no mook, mook.

27. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

:nono: I used to like James a bit more, even though he's an awkward, english, 'dizzy rascal' bruv,.. but he never has clicked into that extra gear I thought he had, he always seems to be holding back like a sparring session, not really committed to doing much damage. How he eva gunna hav a dream come trooooooooooo

28. Jimmy

I think it's more intriguing than GGG-Brook because of the weight and styles.

Yes, DeGale ain't shit over in the states, that's why it would make sense having it in the UK. Golovkin is now better known over here and liked.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  29. Jimmy

this is official now. Jan 14th.

30. mikE

mikE "Twinkle Toes" McJack

fightnews.com: Showtime Sports has finally returned from hibernation, announcing five boxing telecasts over four month scheduled to begin in December.
    December 10:
    Jesus Cuellar (28-1, 21 KOs) vs. Abner Mares (29-2-1, 15 KOs)*
    Jermall Charlo (24-0, 18 KOs) vs. Julian Williams (22-0-1, 14 KOs)*
    January 14:
    Badou Jack (20-1-2, 12 KOs) vs. James DeGale (23-1, 14 KOs)**
    January 28:
    Carl Frampton (23-0, 14 KOs) vs. Leo Santa Cruz (32-1-1, 18 KOs)*
    Dejan Zlaticanin (18-0, 11 KOs) vs. Mikey Garcia (35-0, 29 KOs)*
    February 11:
    Adrien Broner (32-2, 24 KOs) vs. Adrian Granados (18-4-2, 12 KOs)
    March 4:
    Danny Garcia (32-0, 18 KOs) vs. Keith Thurman (27-0, 22 KOs)**
    *World title bout
    **World title unification bout