How shocked would you be if Brook beat Spence Jr?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Jimmy, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

I get the impression that many on here are writing Brook off, especially after the GGG fight and the way he lost. Would it really be that much of a shock if Brook beat Spence?

2. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Not a lot. I think Spence wins it, but he,s still a rather unproven commodity.

3. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED's BIASED, yet FULLY Aware of the Danger Brook Poses...He's Athletic, a Bit Unorthodox and Can HURT You w/Either Hand...

REED Sees it as a 60-40 Fight in Spence's Favor, Meaning Brook Retaining his Title WOULDN'T Be an Upset...A Bit of a SURPRISE, Sure, but Not an Upset...

REED:mj:

4. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Given that Spence has never fought a top fighter, if Brook wins, it wouldn't exactly be a Tyson-Douglas, Curry-Honeyghan level upset.

Brook isn't without a chance... Spence's chin has yet to be seriously tested, he isn't unhittable, and Brook can punch and counterpunch.

But I expect Spence to win and win by stoppage.

5. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    Has brook's face healed?

6. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Brook would be like 20 pounds heavier than Spence

7. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

VALID Concern...

Though Spence is SMALLER and LACKS Triple G's Pop, HOW Does Brook React 1nce he Takes a HARD Shot to the Grill???...

Is Brook Willing to GUT OUT a Tough Win, Over a HUNGRY Foe???...Or Will He Have Another SAFETY PACT w/Ingle, to Bail him Out If/When the Going Gets Toooooooo TOUGH???...Will he COMPROMISE Himself, Shrinking Down to '47, After Having NOT Done it for Awhile???...

Honestly, there's NOT Much Logic to Brook Taking this Fight, Given the Circumstances...But PROPS to Him if Indeed he Does...

8. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

This is what I've been thinking about. If his face is not 100% fully healed, and it's playing on his mind the whole time, it could very well be a stinker or Spence just dominates and wins wide.

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

The BIGGEST Question REED has is, 75% of WHAT???...Realistically, HOW MUCH Will Brook's 75% Amount To???...

Coming Off a STOPPAGE Loss, w/a Residual Damage, at a Weight You've Had Difficulties Making, it Seems Sensible to Take a Softer Touch than Errol Spence, @ '47...Brook Has EVERYTHING To Lose Here...Back to Back Losses Could Effectively END Him as Viable, World Class Option...Especially if Spence DOMINATES and/or Brook Looks Gunshy...

Reportedly, Brook was GUARANTEED 5 Mil + a PPV Share, for the Triple G Fight...He WON'T Approach that for Facing Errol Spence...Which Brings REED Back to Square 1, 75% of WHAT???...

REED Even Told Derrick James it DIDN'T Make Sense for Brook to Face Spence, Under the Circumstances...But James was ADAMANT the Fight is Happening...

10. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

im with reed, highly skeptical brooks team takes the fight. makes absolutely no sense from a managerial stand point

11. Xplosive

I highly highly doubt it would be a stinker. Both guys are offensive fighters, I think it would be a shoot out. I just suspect that Spence is a higher level talent and will eventually take Brook apart.

12. Xplosive

I haven't been following the boxing media much lately tbh (work and a newborn will do that), but what's the deal of why Brook-Khan isn't happening? I would have thought that'd be a matchup Brook would be watering his mouth over. Khan's a walk over at this point, and Brook would make a lot of $$$$ for an easy night's work.

13. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

brook and hearn wouldnt accept 30% of the take

14. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    The injury and the weight loss seems an awful lot to overcome going into a fight as tough as this

15. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

On the contrary, this is the fight Brook has to make after losing his 0 to GGG. If Brook doesn't bounce back immediately he's as good as done

16. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Why? I think the guy should take three soft touches in 9 months then take on somebody like spence next year

17. Destruction and Mayhem

I think the GGG matchup was ill advised. It was unnecessary. The guy was undefeated and on the upper echelon of his division. A loss is a loss...even if it was to a dominant Middleweight champion. it tarnishes him. IMO...to make back his reputation he has no choice but to go straight back into the mix against a top fighter and take a risk. If he wins...the GGG loss is deemed irrelevant. If he takes a few soft fights....people will forget about him by the time he's ready to fight a big name again. Spence, Garcia, Thurman and the other fellas would be fighting each other and wont even bother looking in his direction.

18. Xplosive

Nobody would fault Kell to taking the easy money and the easy win against Khan in his next fight.

I commend him for taking the Spence fight though.... if it comes off. It sets up the ultimate showdown between the winner of Thurman-Garcia and the winner of Spence-Brook.

19. Destruction and Mayhem

Khan is a no win fight for Brook. Would make no sense. Beating Khan would not make Brook as potentially marketable as he was before. To get back to his pre-GGG position he has to fight a Spence. His silly management team have put him in this precarious position. He has no choice now but to go all in and hope he has a Royal Flush.

20. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Brook-Khan would be huge over here, no idea why to be honest but there's a lot of clamour for it amongst the casuals.

21. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

NOT shocked at ALL....Spence Jr. looks good for contender...he hasn't beaten anyone worth a damn....he hasn't done anything other than look good against the people he has face. I don't think of him as some GREAT fighter.......young FLOYD you could see that he was going to be GREAT....same for MOSLEY....but with SPENCE Jr. I just see a good fighter....

N before X get offended(I know he thinks the world of Spence jr :lol: ) ...>I think even less of Verdejo(a slightly less stiff Jermain Taylor, might be dumber)....

22. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

NONSENSE.....Khan fanbase...fan recognition is much bigger than SPENCE jr....nobody knows who spence is..

23. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Yeah, that argument by Sly doesn't really make any sense.

It might hold true for Hardcore fans, but for regular fans, beating Khan would boost Brook rep a lot more.

24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

It's a More Lucrative AND Winnable Fight for Kell Brook...The Risk/Reward Aspect CLEARLY Leans Towards Brook-Khan Over Brook-Spence...

REED:hammert:

25. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Verdejo just struggled to win a decision over Flores earlier at the Roberto Clemente Coliseum

26. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

pre bullet bike accident he woulda stopped this guy?

27. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Forget building his rep- the Khan fight is the sort of payday and event you build towards, ​it ain't gonna get much bigger for brook.

28. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    If they refuse, they give up the belt. Spence has been the mandatory for close to a year and he was forced into a fight with Bundu to keep the mandatory spot. They can fight Spence or let him fight the Aussie for that belt.

29. Xplosive

It really doesn't look promising for Verdejo once he faces a top fighter.

My God, imagine Verdejo in with Mikey Garcia right now. There'd be a funeral in PR.

I think the Trinidad comparisons have officially stopped...

30. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER