CRAZY ending to the academy awards: Best Picture

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

LaLa Land originally announced as the winner...and the whole cast and crew comes up accepts the award and gives speeches then they had to roll it back and announce Moonlight as the winner.

2. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

I thought those things happened only at the beauty pageants. :lol: Not surprised here as this year they HAD to award everything black. Not surprised either by the Iran film winning Best Foreign Language Film just to give the Muslim guy a microphone to continue the Trump bashing. That is why I boycotted watching the ceremony this year.

3. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    So embarrassing

Is it that hard to get right? It's bad enough when they make mistakes in boxing with their math (Quartey-Lopez, Barrera-Juarez 1).

4. Panchyprsss

5. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Glad Affleck won best actor, deserved it.

6. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    On radio 5s coverage this morning they actually tracked down Pete tong to gives his views on the fuck up :lol: must be a proper pain in the arse being Pete tong

7. Roll With The Punches

Roll With The Punches WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    any pics or vids? i wanna see Gosling cry

8. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

It wasnt anywhere near as bad as Ithought it would be - I stayed up and watched the whole lot, first time Ive done that.
    No, they didnt award everything black, the political-comments were kept to a minimum and most of those were by host Jimmy Kimmel who made light of the situation more than anything else, there was a cool running gag between Kimmel and Matt Damon throughout, the speeches werent over-the-top or emotionally fucked-up (Viola Davis broke down though) and I thought that all the winners were pretty deserved (the wife and I did a pick ´em competition thoughout and I got 8 correct gueses)

All-in-all, in what was a pretty good year for movies (there were no awful picks for one thing - e.g. Birdman) and most of the catergories were really strong throughout.

8/10 for the event - regardless of the fuck-up at the end which was the fault of PricewaterhouseCoopers who give out the envelopes with the winners - Warren Beatty at least had the decency to point out the fuck-up live on-stage.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  9. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Pete Tong? :scratcher:

10. Destruction and Mayhem

Dark Magus, what do you mean by political comments were kept to a minimum? It was a theme from start to finish.

11. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

I'm more referring to the Streep-type comments and the 'outrage' that only really surfaced like you said with the Iranian guy.

Othrr than that, they were pretty harmless and I doubt President Trump batted an eyelid at them.

It certainly wasn't politically 'charged' as I was expecting...

12. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Thank God streep did not win again. The horrid bitch.

13. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Yeah, horrible Meryl Streep... SHAME on that no-talent hack for disliking your orange God.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  14. Double L

Double L Book Reader

There's lots of people who do not like Trump that I do not hate.

15. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Agree with Double: she's a fucking witch-faced harpy.

Plus I don't think there's any actress who's movies I dislike more than Streep's...

16. Destruction and Mayhem

LOL...this made me laugh.

17. Panchyprsss

Second lowest ratings ever in the history of this Awards transmissions. Karma is a bitch! :lol: There is even desperate polls online on how they can improve the show and bring back audiences. I have two good answers:
    (1)make it again into a two hours show and (2) get THE FUCKING POLITICAL SPEECHES OUT OF THE CEREMONY! Their freaking job is to entertain us, not to gives us a lecture on what we should think or who to vote for. If they still want to spread their liberal vitriol, do it at the POST AWARDS press interviews. That way faggot tranny Lady Butterfly can say all he wants about gay rights and Communist Lenny Castro can denounce American government as much as he can.

18. Destruction and Mayhem

People are getting sick of these politically charged award shows. People are also getting sick of the pretentiousness of the Hollywood elite.

Thirdly...they rarely award films or actor performances, based on quality alone...it's usually based on politics. So an Oscar is meaningless.

The criteria for Oscar winning seems to be based on the following:

He/She hasn't received an Oscar yet after years of good performances so it's time to award him/her
    He/She played a homosexual, disabled or mentally ill person
    He/She wore facial prosthetics or changed their look completely so award them
    The film tackled uncomfortable themes that need to be addressed in society
    The film was just different...abstract art, difficult to understand, not appreciated by the masses therefore it's the best.
    Blacks complained last year so let's give them awards this year to shut them up for another few years.

Fuck outta here.

Films should win if they are the best film, period. Actors should be awarded if their performance was the best, period. The general public are getting sick of this bullshit.

19. Panchyprsss

One of THE Best films of the Year, Captain 'Murica: Civil Word practically ignored for nominations...not even special effects or other technical aspects! But freaking Suicide Squad won an Oscar??? GTFOH!!!

20. Destruction and Mayhem

Yup, prime example.

21. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

This is nothing new guys. It's well known that the academy is joke, especially when it comes to Best Picture. In the last 15 years, I think the only time the Best Picture award was given to the ACTUAL best movie of the year was the year No Country For Old Men got the award.