Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: GGG vs. the 176 lb. Danny Jacobs thread

Undisputed Champion Jesus of montreal's Avatar

GGG has pretty much no chance against RJ. Terrible style match up for him, and he's also a far lesser fighter to begin with

I don't recall Roy ever beating anyone like GGG, certainly not in his 160 lb days. Guys like Castro, Hopkins, and Toney all went the distance with Roy. I think only a case can be made for Hopkins being better than GGG out of those guys and I don't think he was.

We do know that GGG handled Cubans in the ams and we also know that he beat (and earlier lost by a point to) a very similar and extremely talented fighter in Andre Dirrell in the ams.

Roy tended to fight smart so he's the pick over GGG, but GGG would bring a lot of hope into the fight for his backers. Roy also picked opponents smart so he doesn't figure to ever fight GGG at 160.

Years after the fact, picking Bernard at 160 seems like a pretty dumb move

Quote Originally Posted by Double L View Post
    I'm sure it is for you given how much you overrate him.
    X is CORRECT Though...

If Roy POTSHOTS, How's GGG Going to Counter Him???...Roy Could Land SINGLE Shots @ a Time on ANY Fighter in History...

Tarver was Able to Catch Roy in an EXCHANGE, Throwing a Combination that Missed...Griffin and Harding MADE Roy Lead, and Had Success Countering Him...If Triple G Tries to MAKE Roy Lead, he Gets BEATEN to the Punch All Night and By the Time he Attempts to Counter, Roy's Already Playing DEFENSE...

For What it's Worth, All 3 Guys REED Noted had BETTER Handspeed than GGG...

Obviously, Roy WASN'T Perfect, but his Style is All WRONG for GGG...

REED
    "Hey, Felt Forum!...Motherfucker, Dick, Pussy, Snot and Shit...Good Night!...GOOD NIGHT!!!...Suck my Dick, Bye-Bye!!" - Eddie Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by REEDsART View Post
    X is CORRECT Though...

If Roy POTSHOTS, How's GGG Going to Counter Him???...Roy Could Land SINGLE Shots @ a Time on ANY Fighter in History...

Tarver was Able to Catch Roy in an EXCHANGE, Throwing a Combination that Missed...Griffin and Harding MADE Roy Lead, and Had Success Countering Him...If Triple G Tries to MAKE Roy Lead, he Gets BEATEN to the Punch All Night and By the Time he Attempts to Counter, Roy's Already Playing DEFENSE...

REED
    GGG would be like.....................

middleweight wasnt jones peak but he would still be too much for golovkin. we are talking two different levels of fighters here
    Your men of war turned into pussies in menopause.
    Now how the fuck you gon' win a war?
    -BB

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    middleweight wasnt jones peak but he would still be too much for golovkin. we are talking two different levels of fighters here
    Two different levels where the guy at the higher level has a style thats all wrong for the guy at the lower level.

Book Reader

X is CORRECT Though...

REED
    Tarver and Harding had better hand-speed than ggg? I call Bullshit on that one.

Book Reader

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    we are talking two different levels of fighters here
    This is where i figured we would end up.

Tarver and Harding had better hand-speed than ggg? I call Bullshit on that one.
    REED and Others have been Calling Bullshit on Your Roy Jones Related Thoughts for Nearly 20 Years Now, Dude....

REED
    Last edited by REEDsART; 03-20-2017 at 08:42 PM.
    "Hey, Felt Forum!...Motherfucker, Dick, Pussy, Snot and Shit...Good Night!...GOOD NIGHT!!!...Suck my Dick, Bye-Bye!!" - Eddie Murphy

This is where i figured we would end up.
    Are You Suggesting Roy Jones ISN'T a Higher Level Fighter than Triple G and What EXACTLY Are You Basing This On???....

Literally, This Would Be the FUNNIEST Roy Jones Opinion You've Voiced Since Picking WHOlio Gonzalez to Beat Him...

REED

Undisputed Champion Jesus of montreal's Avatar

I'm pretty hard on RJ these days, but it's obvious he was a much better fighter than GGG. We have to rebember that GGG best clear win is probably Lemieux or Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus of montreal View Post
    I'm pretty hard on RJ these days, but it's obvious he was a much better fighter than GGG. We have to rebember that GGG best clear win is probably Lemieux or Murray.

Or Jacobs.

Oh sorry I see you said his BEST clear win.

His next-best CLEAR win would be Jacobs.

Book Reader

Are You Suggesting Roy Jones ISN'T a Higher Level Fighter than Triple G and What EXACTLY Are You Basing This On???....

Literally, This Would Be the FUNNIEST Roy Jones Opinion You've Voiced Since Picking WHOlio Gonzalez to Beat Him...

REED
    The term, "level" makes it seem like they don't belong in the same ring, like there's a bunch of guys who are not as good as rjj, but they are at least on his level. And ggg isn't as good as them, let alone RJj. But that's absurd. He certainly accomplished more than ggg has at this point, even at respective points in their career. And rjj is obviously favored to win. But another level? It's a fantasy. And shows a unrealistic assessment of rjj's ability and limitations. And hence, i object to the characterization

The term, "level" makes it seem like they don't belong in the same ring, like there's a bunch of guys who are not as good as rjj, but they are at least on his level. And ggg isn't as good as them, let alone RJj. But that's absurd. He certainly accomplished more than ggg has at this point, even at respective points in their career. And rjj is obviously favored to win. But another level? It's a fantasy. And shows a unrealistic assessment of rjj's ability and limitations. And hence, i object to the characterization
    Objection overruled. Case dismissed.

Thread Information