Beauty becomes a box office Beast shattering records!

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

[​IMG]

Disney's live action remake Beauty & the Beast opened to better than predicted numbers as it grossed a smashing record breaker $170 million which not only bested the All Time March record (last year's 'Batman v Superman' $166 million), but also became the sixth best opening of all time. The film audience was mostly female 72% with 28% male and 45% under the age of 25 which sends, again, a clear message to the studios that females can turn a movie that appeals to them into a huge blockbuster. The film also has become the highest opening ever for a PG film. 'Beauty & The Beast' also opened big overseas with $180 million in all markets except three (Disney persuaded Chinese censors and the film opened there too). The film has grossed over $350 million worldwide in just three days. It will be interesting to see how well it performs next week since most of the females already watched the film which got just an 'okay' 70% fresh in the RT ratings.

[​IMG]

Kong: Skull Island moved to the second spot after it took a 54% drop with $28.8 million for a 10 days domestic run of $110 million. Worldwide the film has a cumulative of $259.3 million.

[​IMG]
    Fox Logan takes the third spot with $17.5 million for a current domestic total of $185 million. Worldwide it passed the $500 million mark this weekend with $524 million, making it the current highest grossing film of the year.

[​IMG]
    In the fourth spot the horror flick Get Out took $13.2 million for a current domestic total of $133 million. Also the movie opened in 9 international markets, but grossed only $2.9 million in total. Maybe the race card is not as scary in other parts of the world?

[​IMG]

Rounding up the top five is the Faith-based movie The Shack which has showed unusual staying power for a film of this genre as it added $6.1 million for a 3 weeks total of $42.6 million. (Let me point out that this Faith-Based film is NOT a Christian movie, but a very New Ageist version of the gospel).

On a side note Rogue One: A Star Wars which will be released on blu-ray & DVD next month, on its 14 week of release added 13 screens to the ones already playing ad got an unheard of 134+% increase in its grosses compared from last week and moved from the spot #25 to the #14! that means there is still demand for the film which had to concede screens to newer releases, not because it was losing steam. The Lucasfilm one-shot film now stands at $530 million domestically, just $4 million shy from taking the #6 All Time spot from The Dark Knight. If I was a Disney executive I would hold the blu-ray/DVD release date and would re-release it two weeks before the opening of Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. I am sure that it will take at least $20-$30 million in that time frame and THEN will release it on home video when 'Last Jedi' opens to capitalize on the SW mania.
    [​IMG]

2. Panchyprsss

Beauty & The Beast just shattered yet another record today: Fastest film to cross $500 million. the previous record was held by Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens which imposed the record in 10 days. Beauty took only 8 days. I am starting to think that not only females are obsessed with this Incubus gay love tale...

[​IMG]

3. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Damn Disney is going to rule the fucking world. Don't they already own Marvel and Star Wars? And now they'll just keep making live films of there more popular cartoons to make even more money now that it's proven successful.

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

That is strange.

It´s like a whole massive sleeper-cell has woken up and gone to the movies to watch (what I´ve heard is) an exact frame-by-frame live-action reshoot of the animated movie from 1991. :scratcher:

5. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    How about a live movie about the lion King?

6. Panchyprsss

Except for the gay scene and that the Beast this time is a freaking demon.

7. Panchyprsss

8. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

I was chatting to a woman in the UK who saw this last week...she said she couldn't see too many straight men in the sold-out multiplex theater!

9. Panchyprsss

UK couple brought their adopted son to watch the new Disney hit.

[​IMG]

They are just friends on their way to the movie...honest!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  10. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Everyone already knows this movie is going to be a huge hit. Wish it was possible to somehow invest in this movie.

11. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Yup.

It's broken 'all kinds of records'.

12. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

13. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

You know me and my stance on LGBT....but this stuff I can't fuckin stand.
    No thought or regard for the innocent kid...just the most selfish aspect of homosexuality.

14. Panchyprsss

They have zero regard of how their behaviors and choices affects children as evidenced in these pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yup. Great role models!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Destruction and Mayhem

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

This is what I mean by having special rights. "Bun" the whole lotta dem!

16. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Parents' fault.
    'Modern' parents that is.

'Let's take the kids to the LGBT parade"

17. Panchyprsss

Snowflake parents teaching their children to accept alternate lifestyles.

18. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Agreed.

This is my feelings on homos - I have NO issue w/them getting married.... but I don't think they should be allowed to adopt. ESPECIALLY not a gay male couple.

19. Destruction and Mayhem

But that's the problem with Gay Marriage: it inevitably leads to them wanting and expecting to have children.