Leonard vs Floyd at 147... with one important caveat...

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Xplosive, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

We discuss the REAL Floyd.... not the casual fan version.

2. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Leonard, he had too much variety to be bothered by a guy like Floyd.

Floyd looked like shit vs Judah for 4-5 rounds, and was dropped too.

3. Xplosive

The Sly version of Floyd makes Leonard look basic for most the fight and Ray has to come from behind to eek out a razor close decision.

Cause let's not forget... the one sided masterclass of a DLH who was at the very peak of his powers....

4. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I think Leonard is more capable of stopping Floyd than Tommy Hearns. So there's my answer

5. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

lol.

Leonard wins by decision. Wrong style matchup for Floyd considering Lenard's natural advantages in size, height and hand speed.

6. Destruction and Mayhem

You misunderstand...I'm a huge Leonard fan.

7. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Leonard would win a wide UD or stop him, if Floyd ever decided to mix it up.

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Stop him...my big black ass. When has Floyd ever been in danger of being stopped? Even when Floyd mixed it up, he was still elusive and always showed a solid chin. Leonard stops Floyd based on what? Stopping Dave Boy Greene? Stopping Floyd senior? Stopping Duran? Stopping Hearns on his feet at 14 or Benitez just before 15?

Has mayweather ever been dropped by a punch? Has an opponent ever landed more than 25% of his punches?

Come on man...don't just say stuff to make you popular. There is no basis whatsoever for saying Leonard stops Mayweather.

9. Xplosive

Floyd going the distance with Leonard depends on Floyd. I suspect at some point Floyd would go fully defensive and be content on losing a decision.

If Floyd actually stood his ground and fought with Leonard, I think there's an excellent chance of him getting stopped. Leonard was too big, too strong, too fast, too powerful, and with too much variety for Floyd to do fuck all against him standing in front of him. There's literally NO CHANCE of Floyd's punches putting a dent in Ray Leonard. Whereas the opposite is not true. Floyd's been hurt by far LESSER fighters than Ray fuckin Leonard. And one thing all the men who have hurt Floyd have in common.... handspeed.

Yes.... Leonard could very well stop Floyd, you delusional dick rider.

10. Destruction and Mayhem

Leonard aint stopping Floyd in 100 tries. It's not happening. Period. This is what I mean by Floyd being underrated.

Even if Floyd stood in front of Ray...Ray is still not hitting him that often. Floyd could stand in the pocket and still avoid most punches...the ting is also that Ray WOULD NOT be throwing as much punches as usual against Floyd...simply because of missing and the counters.

You have good knowledge of boxing history but you have limited knowledge in the actual mechanics of the sport.

11. Xplosive

Sly, I realize that in your fantasy world of naked Floyd images and TMT apparel that Floyd has never been bothered by a punch, and can avoid 100 straight punches like Neo from The Maxtrix.... but in the REAL, factual world he's been hurt by DeMarcus Corley, Zab Judah, and Shane Mosley, and can be hit by fighters with speed.

The idea of him standing in the pocket with Leonard and avoiding most shots is one of the most absurd statements ever given Leonard's handspeed and variety. Leonard's handspeed is the exact reason why Benitez, after awhile, went mostly defensive.

When he finally tried to stand in with Leonard late... he got stopped.

It'd be the same deal with Floyd. If he stood in the pocket and traded with Leonard, he'd be badly outgunned in every way.

12. Destruction and Mayhem

*Sigh* You don't know what you're talking about do you?

[​IMG]

13. Destruction and Mayhem

Duran traded with Leonard over 15 and was never in danger of being stopped. What makes Duran have a better chin than Floyd? Just because he's a hairy sweaty Panamanian? Floyd, like most slick fighters...is underrated in his ability to take a punch. Floyd is even more elusive than Duran was and because of his style would reduce Leonard's output to far below that of the Montreal fight.

Floyd has been rocked before....but..in the immortal words of Larry Holmes: "SO FUCKING WHAT?"

Floyd's been rocked in a grand total of 3 fights in a 49 fight career. In each of those times he recovered almost immediately. Every fighter gets rocked from time to time...even Ali has been rocked, even Robinson. There's a huge gulf between being momentarily rocked and being vulnerable to be stopped. Floyd hasn't come anywhere close to being stopped and guess what..Leonard was not a knockout puncher regardless of how you may pretend. Again.....I don't believe Leonard punched has hard as even De La Hoya at 147lbs and I saw Floyd take at least a couple flush Oscar left hooks in that one.

You're just talking out of your ass. Just pure hatred for a guy. Forget his personality....just consider him as a fighter, and you'll make more sense.

14. Xplosive

I take that as your way of saying "Fuck, he's right."

Floyd would probably last the distance the distance with Ray. I think he'd go into bitch mode after realizing that he can't outbox Leonard and damn sure can't go to war with him.

15. Xplosive

So because Duran could trade with Leonard, so could Floyd?

Ummm... you do realize that.... nevermind. I'm done. You have your mouth too firmly around Floyd's penis for me to continue.

16. Destruction and Mayhem

Realize what? That Duran has a better chin? That Duran vs bigger than Floyd? What?

What makes Duran more capable of trading with Leonard than Floyd?

17. Xplosive

I refuse to answer a question this stupid.

18. Destruction and Mayhem

lol. Cop out.

Do you think Duran is tougher than Floyd? Bigger?

19. Xplosive

Okay, I'll bite you groupie... Duran had the FIREPOWER to HURT Leonard, to both the head and body... which Floyd does NOT.

And most of all, because Duran was better at FIGHTING than Floyd or any other fighter in history. Say what you will of Floyd being a better pure boxer than Duran, but pretending he could stand and trade in the same fashion as Duran is THE Floyd dicking riding statement of the century, and quite honestly, you should be embarrassed.

20. Destruction and Mayhem

Firstly I never said Floyd would trade with Leonard. That's not his style. You're the one who injected that extra hypothetic into this.

I'm just saying that if he did decide to stand with Leonard...nothing in Floyd's history suggests that he'd be knocked out.

By the way...Floyd is not feather fisted. He may not be able to hurt leonard but it's not as though Leonard would just smile at his punches either.

21. Xplosive

And if wanna go beyond that... there's NO offensive fighter in history that had as good a defense as Duran at close range.

But being that you don't know boxing... you don't realize Duran had a great defense. All you can see is Floyd dripping in oil tying you up with your TMT shirt on.

22. Destruction and Mayhem

Dude, discuss this as an adult. We can disagree without this homosexual/groupie silliness.

Yes, Duran had a great defense. I've never said otherwise. I'm just saying that Floyd has proven that even while being offensive he's hard to hit. He was offensive vs Judah, Mosley, Castillo, NDou, manfredy and many others. Whether or not those guys are as good as Leonard isn't the point here...the point is that Floy dhas shown that even when offensive he's still just as elusive. And elusive fighter is an elusive fighter. period. Even when Floyd has stepped up in competition he has still held the opponent to a low connect percentage. De La Hoya, Canelo, Cotto...etc still had trouble hitting him.

So....don't expect Leonard to hit Floyd at will the way he hit Dave Boy Green. Don't expect Leonard to not be countered with sharp punches. I say Leonard would beat Floyd by decision...but that's based on workrate and aggression mainly...not because I think Leonard will have the greater connect percentage.

but I digress...the point is...there is nothing in Floyd's history that suggests that Leonard would knock him out and nothing that suggests that Floyd will just trade punches with him. The only time Floyd traded punches with anyone, deliberately, was the Burton/Augustus fight. Other than that..Floyd often advanced on opponents or even stayed in the pocket...but he didn't 'trade" per se....He made them miss and made them pay.

23. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Of course leonard could stop floyd. What a weird discussion

24. Destruction and Mayhem

Based on what? Have you seen Floyd stopped before?

Leonard can only stop Floyd in the sense that any fighter can get stopped on any given night...but not based on anything we've observed from either fighter.

25. Xplosive

Forget Leonard, I'd be interested to see what would happen if Floyd got hurt by a PRIME Mosley, and not a Mosley who was too shot to throw more than one punch at a time.

26. Xplosive

"Have you seen Floyd stopped before?" is a ridiculous argument. It's like saying Foreman couldn't stop Marciano because we never saw Marciano get stopped.

Leonard had the firepower, the speed, the variety, and the FINISHING ABILITY to stop Floyd.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  27. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    Lol, seriously? The most dangerous offensive fighter floyd ever fought was a 38 year old shane mosley. Ground control to sly, take your protein pills and put your helmet on

The Genius likes this.
  28. Hut*Hut

Involved in hyperbole
    We've never seen this mcneely stopped in 30 fights, what makes you think tyson could possibly knock him out!?

29. Destruction and Mayhem

Mosley's "shotness" (which is convenient to say, by the way, considering in his previous fight he wiped out a prime Margarito) was virtually irrelevant in the 2nd round. Shane was still fresh as the fight had only just started and should have been able to stop Floyd then and there if Floyd was so easy to stop.

Floyd would have survived a prime Mosley too...simply by covering up when necessary and then countering when the opportunity arose. Forrest was never troubled by this prime Mosley that you speak off and Forrest was knocked out by Mayorga. You think Floyd would have been knocked out by Mayorga? De La Hoya walked through Shane's punches. Oscar had been dropped by Quartey.

30. Destruction and Mayhem

Ground control to Hut...McNeely was no Floyd.

So I guess Pavlik could have knocked out Hagler..based on your logic?