Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer/Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Anthony, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-qsg0fku78o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Fuck George Lucas.

3. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

This teaser left me cold. It absolutely gave nothing to be excited about. Hopefully the full trailer will be more interesting whenever it comes out.

4. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

And it looks like a return to all the over-the-top CGI that Lucas used in everything since Return Of The Jedi :lol:

Talking of which, "putting an end to the Jedi"....let's fucking hope so, yeah?

5. The Genius

The Genius DEMONRY!!

I wonder if this film will explain why the girl was so perfect at everything she did. Oh wait she got scared a ran into the woods at one point so that proved she was a real character and not some writers self insert.

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I have high hopes for this one but as panchy said, the trailer didn't excite me.

7. Panchyprsss

8. Panchyprsss

The last line 'is time for the Jedi to end' I am 100% sure it will NOT be in the movie (remember the 'just let it in' line from The Force Awakens trailer that was never said in the actual film?). But it probably is hinting at one of two possible scenarios: Luke turns to the Dark Side (unlikely) or Luke considers himself a failure and during the first dialogue with Rey he refuses to train her to become a Jedi and is resolute to end the Jedi line after he passes away OR maybe he decides to accompany Rey on a suicide mission against Snoke, Kylo Ren and the First Order knowing he will die as 'the last Jedi' (but if he dies Then Rey IS the Last Jedi.

9. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

I think they are both the last Jedi.

10. Destruction and Mayhem

Luke is The Last Jedi.....as the film begins. Rey will be the next Jedi.

11. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Luke will probably be killed by Kylo Ren in this shit movie.

12. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

:lol:

13. Panchyprsss

Yup, most likely. Then he will return in the next film as a Force Ghost like Ben Kenobi.

JJ Abrams is too predictable. You can talk all the shit you want about George Lucas, but he never would have done that.

14. Destruction and Mayhem

Who gives a shit?

Instead George Lucas made 9 year old Anakin Skywalker the creator of C3PIO!! I mean...was that necessary (never mind utterly unrealistic)? He made the storm troopers...clones of some Samoan bounty hunter.. He made leah a newborn baby when her mother died. Leah has memories of her mother. He made Jar Jar binks. He made Qui Gon Jinn to be the trainer of Obi Wan...instead of Yoda. He gave us Kiddie Jedi. He made a 14 year old elected Queen. A 14 year old queen....I get...a 14 year old ELECTED queen....I just don't get. He made anakin a child of the force. The list goes on. Gimme JJ Abrams and his predictable films any day over Lucas' madness.

15. Panchyprsss

At least he was original and wasn't rehashing the original trilogy.

16. Destruction and Mayhem

If a man builds a house out of frozen shit, he's being original too.

17. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    It's a teaser. Let's wait and see on the trailer. People are saying that Last Jedi is plural and the director came out and said it's singular. Probably to hide the plot.

18. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Whatever. It's the same old star ship battles in space, same lame as laser gun battles in tight quarters and same old boringass light saber battles. It's the same shit in every Star Wars film and the only thing that changes is the characters and story and since those are just as average as the rehashed action sequences I think it's safe to say I'm done with this franchise.

There is no way in hell I'm going to the theater to watch this shit. Maybe when it comes on HBO I'll watch it but I definitely ain't excited about it.

19. Panchyprsss

Why you complain that it has all those elements? It is like complaining about a western having cowboys with guns and horses, unpaved roads, lots of hats and shootouts.

20. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

True but even in the Western genre their was a definitive shift in the late 190s from what you described into other non-stereotypical avenues..

21. Bordon

Bordon Undisputed Champion

Exactly. I don't get his outrage at the general themes of Star Wars being in Star Wars movies. And Star Wars isn't a genre, it's a series. No one cares or remembers the prequels and most people have just seen YouTube clips of the originals. There's no point in fucking the movies up trying to be extra original to appease some 50 year old man that doesn't like light sabers in his Star Wars films.

22. Bordon

Yeah, that's what we need. An "Unforgiven" "No Country for Old Men" style Star Wars movie. It would blow the audience away. Or you could just fuck off and watch Unforgiven instead of Star Wars...

23. Panchyprsss

THIS!!!

btw if anyone wants to watch a Star Wars film that delves into non-stereotypical SERIOUS avenues, then maybe should check out a COUPLE of fan films that had some serious original shit going on, but even those are hard to find among the hundreds of teenager fantasies of jedis battling sith lords! :lol:

24. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

I don´t really care about either, tbh.

25. lb 4 lb

Where did I say I want them to try to be extra original? I merely stated the reasons I'm not going to go watch this stuff, and yeah it might be because I've turned into a grumpy old man now. I very rarely rewatch movies I've already seen, I no longer enjoy kung fu movies, or action without a coherent story.

On the other hand, I can't be too old and grumpy since I do still enjoy most comic book films. It's probably because they not only offer strong characters and story arcs but they also tend to change stuff up with the action sequences instead of living and dying with the same ones ala Star Wars.

So yeah, if complaining about a lack of originality makes me an old man so be it. I'm certainly not going to waste my time arguing about it with the skinny jeans generation who wouldn't know a good movie if it sagged tightly around their lower buttocks.

So fuck Star Wars, DC movies are better than the shit Star Wars puts out.

26. Bordon

That's funny because I can't watch comic book movies anymore. They used to be fun fantasy but now they're just absurd and formulaic. The characters and story arcs are established in the same way with the same cheesy stilted dialogue and somber facial expressions over the same soundtrack while everyone has on a ridiculous rubber outfit and I don't even hear what they're saying anymore. I don't see anything new or fresh except the rubber suits.

I found TFA to be a welcome change up after the shitty prequels.

27. lb 4 lb

Yeah the prequels were shitty but I thought TFA's was too much of a rip off of the original stories and not a very good one either. I thought Rogue One was decent but still not worth the hype that Star Wars gets which is really a hype based solely on the success of its first three films. Nothing else has come close to living up to the standard of the original three and apparently nothing ever will.

28. Panchyprsss

Of the original trilogy I always state that 'Return of the Jedi' gets a free ride of kudos because of the awesomeness of the first two. 'Jedi' was good, but not great and had more cringe-worthy things going on than the previous two.

29. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Staaar warrrrrrrs... If they should bar warrrs, please let these staaar warrs... Staaaaaaaaaaay

30. Rich ´Money´ Mustard