Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Anyone bothered about this - happening on Saturday? :dunno:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

yeah surprisingly little talk on this. I'm interested

3. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Interesting cos I still think Wlad has something left in the tank.
    If he actually decides to throw punches, it could be a good fight...

4. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Yeah man I'm looking forward to it.

5. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    I'll be watching yeah, mainly in the hope of seeing the stinkiest career in the sports history getting bookend it merits, wlad spread eagled and unconscious

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Yeah, I want Joshua to knock him out cold and early. I'm a fan of Wlad...but it's time for him to go away with his boring self. I'm hoping this is a changing of the guard type fight like a Marciano-Louis.

7. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

I want to see a methodical, painful, brutal beating of around 8 rounds....but like when Pacquiao did to De La Hoya.

8. Jimmy

Jimmy The Greatest of Are Times

Looking forward to this. Wlad could make this very difficult for AJ.

9. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

A disqualification victory is a real possibility here, never been better odds since the last Tyson fight I'd say,..

10. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah I can see Wlad losing points for not losing, fighting back, and myriad other micro-aggressiona much to the displeasure of the 90,000 or so white-van men playing willing acolyte to their darker, better-dressed, better-coiffed and better bejeweled superiors on what promises to be a very, well, colourful evening.

Woe betide Wlad wins, it's gonna look like the aftermath of Hagler vs Minter in there.

11. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:

His "Career" in "sports history" stretches from the 1980's , right :dunno:

12. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Despite Wlad's age and inactivity, on paper it's still AJ's biggest test.

I think Wlad has been showing his age for year, though. Not just the Fury fight. I think AJ's youth and power will be too much, plus he's more active and this likely to be sharper come fight night.

Joshua KO 4

13. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Not entirely sure about the mindset of either man going into this, Wlad is wavering with his stupid "Blab" t-shirts and monogrammed "Obsessed" nonsense.........the time to be "Obsessed" was in the Fury fight. Talking bollox about "Mount Everest" would make more sense if it weren't for Global Warming and subsequent snow-melt of his last fight.

For Joshua, he is expected to win, and win big and early, but he's at home, under pressure to perform- not just win- and is facing somebody a few postal zones removed from the goons he's faced up to now. He cannot take a punch- I have seen enough of his fights to know this {note my point about a "Sports Career" pre-existing the paid ranks} and it's been a while since anyone bumrushed Wlad.

Joshua could come out swinging but that's not actually his style, contrary to popular belief. He can't move like Fury and let's face it, he's not the natural fighter Fury is. Fury's been fighting and taking hidings since he was 4. Dislike Fury all you want, but he's a born fighter. He's actually incapable of too much more. Maybe he can blow his nose, wipe his ass and describe both motions in eloquent prose, but that's about it.

Expect the referee to be well versed a-la Haye in 2011 HE IS HOLDING HE IS HOLDING ME AAARGH MY TOE.........Wlad won't be fazed....part of the downside of his being an automaton is that he is,well, an automaton.

If Wlad can pull the trigger, he will stop this guy.

14. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yes he has, Pulev hit him more than anyone had for ages and Wlad sort-of lucked out when he landed one of the best left-hooks thrown by anybody for a few years. That punch took the stuffing out of Pulev and Wlad couldn't miss him with it afterwards.

He looked like shit vs Jennings but won clearly.

Like I said, if he can pull the trigger, it doesn't matter how old the rifle is.

15. meetthefeebles

meetthefeebles Drunken Geordie Bastard

I agree almost entirely with every single point in this post so won't waste time re-writing it, other than to say that I have almost no doubt that Wlad is beyond shot and will therefore lose. He might well be stopped in the mid-to-late rounds. The fight is interesting because, even though Wlad is shot, he's so much better than every other chump they've fed to Joshua so far that it'll be good to actually see how he (Joshua) deals with someone people have actually heard of and who is unlikely to just stand there and let him throw six hundred straight 1-2's at him until he falls over.

MTF

16. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    If Klitschko is just doing this for the money , he deserves to lose. He hasn't need the money since like ages ago.

On the other hand, if he thinks he can win, good luck to him, it's the natural order of things for once-good fighters to think they still have it.

Any fight which both men take thinking they can win and where the natural order is restored or maintained is a good fight.

If Wlad takes out Joshua, then the order is not disturbed one jot....it's an old fighter teaching a young one a lesson.

If the inverse occurs, then ditto. It's the passing of a torch, older than boxing itself.

We can't lose, let's hope the fighters, the crowd and the officials all act accordingly.

A big ask in front of 90,000 deprived Brexiters, but we can hope.......

17. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Joshua will be more 'available' for Wlad to hit with the right hand than Fury was, it's whether he can pull the trigger. On the other hand Joshua has the power and size to reach Wlad early and take him out or put him into a shell. Should be interesting.

18. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah pretty much agreed....one thing is though .....looking at intangibles....Wlad is basically a Christian in the Coliseum....if Joshua, the chosen executioner, is in there slashing and hacking and Christian won't fucking die......will the mob turn on him. Will the mob send Joshua over the edge. There's going to be a lot of "people" there demanding certain things, certain things.

19. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    how brutal of a beating could it possibly be? if joshua is landing a lot of clean punches and it goes 8 rounds then everyone should question the guys punching power.

20. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

I doubt it will be an exciting fight as it's not likely there will be much ebb and flow. At least not in terms of one guy dominating a round and the reverse happening the next. It does however have the potential to end at any point. If Joshua's is in great shape he should be able to take it. We'll have to see what he does when Wlad holds. Will he fight on the insides and look to separate himself quickly or take a breather and wait for the ref to intervene?

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Joshua KO 6...

REED:kidcool:

22. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

If Wlad can land his right, it'll be interesting to see how AJ holds up. But Wlad hasn't fought with intentions to hurt anyone in years. I don't think standing on the back foot and playing it safe will get it done against AJ. He's not a small heavyweight that Wlad will just be able to keep out of reach without taking some risks.

For Wlad to win, he's gotta put some hurt on AJ early to keep him from being aggressive. Remains to be seen.

23. Destruction and Mayhem

This fight won't last long. Joshua has the height, the strength and the size to stop Wlad from doing the stink...plus Joshua isn't a clowning cunt like Fury....he's all business in there. As such Joshua will be putting Wlad under intense pressure and wlad's only chance at victory would be to catch him with some crazy lucky punch. I expect Joshua to walk right through him and in doing so catapult himself into the stratosphere of the division

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  24. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Considering HOW Wlad Lost his Title to Fury, it Still Boggles the Mind he's THIS Close to Actually Facing Joshua...

It's as if he's Picking THE Most Daunting Heavyweight Task Imaginable, to PROVE Something...Not Sure if that's to HIMSELF, to the Boxing Masses or Both...

Regardless, as MEEKLY as he Capitulated his Laurels, w/NO Tune-Up in Between, it's HARD Picking Wlad By Anything OTHER than a Panicked, Desperation, Lotto Shot, that Catches and ENDS Joshua...

Joshua Sniffs Out and THRIVES on Negative Body Language, Something Wlad has Oooooooozed for the Last Several Years...Certainly Not a FAVORABLE Set of Circumstances, on Paper...

1 Way or the Other, for Better or Worse, This Bout will Probably DEFINE Wlad's Reign...It's a LEGACY Fight...

REED:hammert:

25. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Yeh that's what I mean by GCDQ ,..I presume Vlodomir will be donned with his last warning by "Ricky's ref", and then we'll see him traipse around the ropes bawling like Oliver McCall :crafty:. The problem always was that Fritz Sdnek was a 'kit coach', and Wlad was at a very tender age.

26. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

Wlad is going to get stretched. He is too tentative in there these days. Joshua will pick him apart, then lower the boom.

27. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    As a Wlad-apologist, I don't think his whole legacy depends on two fights in his forties, even if he lost now which I think he will.

It is not long ago that the heavyweight champion of the world got ridiculed for going full rounds against two 40+ ex-champs

28. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Wlad is way passed his prime. Joshua will beat him.

29. Rainmaker

Rainmaker "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Joshua is what Wlad was 10 years ago. Even better imo. He will beat Wlad.

30. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Joshua has the length and strength to avoid getting mancuddled every time the range closes and he throws good, short punches inside. Don't really need a follow up sentence do I? Won't last long.