Signature moves of great fighters

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I'll mention Floyd first..since that's what everyone will expect, and I don't want to disappoint.

Floyd Mayweather's pull counter. BLADDY effective move. Causes opponents fits. They know about it..and still can't deal with it when they get in the ring with him. For those that don't know what it is; it's when he pulls back from the jab and immediately comes back with a quick counter right hand. Other's have been able to do it in the past but none as effective as him. It breaks up the rhythm of the opponent by nullifying the jab.

Floyd's check left hook! As the opponent closes in to trap him in a corner, he unleashes the left hook as they come in and then slips away. That punch lead to Hatton's demise for example...and kept Pacquiao confused in the later rounds of their fight.

Thomas Hearns double jab then hook off the jab. Everyone just talks about the hearns right hand but that hook off the jab was a killer. Softened up Cuevas big time before he landed the big rights.

Hearns jab to the body right cross to the head. Has the opponent thinking about protecting that body before landing the boom. Duran knows all about that one.

I don't have time to list more at this time but feel free to share your expertise.

2. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

3. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Naz used to lead with a leaping right uppercut followed by a straight left through the middle. Was pretty unusual.

4. Destruction and Mayhem

Yup. Good call.

5. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Tyson's right hook to the body/right uppercut is the most famous.

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Tyson had it all. I particularly like his slip the jab/fire with the left hook upstairs.

7. Destruction and Mayhem

Ray Leonard...four hooks to the body followed by four hooks to the head. I've never seen anyone else perfect that 8 punch combo like the sugarman.

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I don't think great fighters have signature moves. I don't think great fighters have moves.

9. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    mayweather jr used to claim fighters "stole" his jab to the body. as if he invented the shit

10. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Robinson- Bolo right uppercut-left hook combination is cringeworthy when he lands it, it looks so painful. That leaping double left hook was mean also.

Jones- Right uppercut, double left hook was sick. Also his sneak right hand duck under move was smooth.

Tyson- Right uppercut-right hook was brutal. I think Mike was the best I've ever seen at mixing up varied combinations of hooks and uppercuts. He also had a nice 'step around left hook' move that was sneaky.

Trinidad- left uppercut-left hook combination was deadly, as was his hook to the body hook to the head combo.

11. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

They have 'characteristics'.

Like Calzaghe's was when he had an opponent trapped on the ropes or in the corner, he'd stand square-on and 'slap' with a flurry of punches, thus confusing people that this was 'handspeed'...

12. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Yeah, that's laughable. Robinson often utilized the jab to the body.