I think McGregor will beat Mayweather but we can all agree that McGregor would.....

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by esk59, Apr 25, 2017.

1. esk59

esk59 WBC Champion

Home Page:
    STOMP ALL OVER Malignaggi, in a boxing ring, with boxing rules. I mention this because I have seen some folks who are out of line with disrespect towards McGregor, saying crazy shit like Malignaggi can KO him.

Look guys, when someone says McGregor can beat Mayweather don't act as if they said he can beat GGG. GGG is a fucking problem, Mayweather is a fucking bitch boy.

I haven't posted on this forum in a long time. You guys are true experts on boxing. I don't know why I am thinking this post may be provocative, I bet most of you will agree. I guess I am just tired of dealing with friends who know little about boxing and think Mayweather is this super fighting machine that will rock McGregor's world. lol

2. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Mayweather is a boxing GENIUS...and will fuck McGregor life up in a boxing ring. IF he wanted 2, but Floyd doesn't care about representing boxing...so he will carry McGregor for a full 12 rounds.(If McGregor stamina can make it I doubt it)...

3. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

McGregor's only chance is a lucky shot. But with his shit stamina, he'd be lucky to last the distance.

I can't see him doing but getting embarrassed.

4. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

This post tells me that in your absence you've lost your mind. An MMA fighter cannot beat a top boxer in a boxing match.

5. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

And the fact Mayweather is a total bitch is clearer still when you know he and the other bitch, Ellerbe havent jumped at the chance to make a piss-easy $US25 million for a fight that would naturally all be on Mayweather´s terms (ring, gloves, rounds, etc) - knowing full-well that McGregor isn´t a world-class boxer.

I mean, its the easiest night´s work for one of the ´greatest boxers of all-time´, right?
    It´s a sparring-session.
    He wins every minute of every round.
    Easy.

So why hasn´t Mayweather jumped at it?
    The fanboys will say something shit like ´Oh, 25 million is chump-change for ´Money´ ´, which is a weak excuse, really.
    Mayweather knows McGregor can get into his mindset like no other guy he´s faced and can crack fast and hard from the southpaw stance.
    McGregor, with a pair of 8oz Reyes is definately ´Game On´...

Right? :dunno:

6. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I agree, Esk.

They'll call McGregor's performance virgin.

7. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    25 million? :atu: whatta buffoon

8. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

...for not taking it?

Yeah, I agree. :popcorn:

9. Destruction and Mayhem

Anything is possible though given Floyd's age, inactivity and the fact that he's an overwhelming favourite to win. He should win easily but if father time suddenly catches up to him, or he doesn't prepare properly in the gym or is too overconfident in the ring....all it takes is one punch at the end of the day.

10. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

The point to consider about the money is....this isn´t a proper boxing bout, McGregor isn´t a boxer and so the event shoud be considered accordingly.

Mayweather is an old man now.
    He cant expect gigantic purses every time.
    If he was willing to take a massive pay-cut two years ago for a scrub-boxer like Berto, he can take another 10% off for this ´non-fight´, which, by all accounts from everyone on here, he shoul win every minute of every round.

11. Destruction and Mayhem

Mayweather is greedy. That's one of his many faults.

12. Xplosive

Floyd would have to not to train at all for McGregor to even have a SMALL chance.

Floyd's age and inactivity will be irrelevant. That might be relevant if Floyd was facing a world class BOXER... but it won't mean shit against some guy making his fucking PRO DEBUT!

Floyd will fuck McGregor up on muscle memory alone.

13. Xplosive

As for Paulie... McGregor MIGHT beat Paulie now... only because Paulie is beyond shot and has been beyond shot for several years now.

Back when Paulie actually had something left in the tank, he'd beat the Hell outta McGregor in a boxing ring.

14. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

You´ve just validated my point of why he should take the $25 million now...but like Sly said: GREED.

In fact, its probably that extreme greed that stopped Mayweather from becoming a Top-10 All-time great.

15. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

25 million :lol:

who's gonna get all the money? dana white?

16. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

IYO, how much is this fight worth?
    To each fighter...

17. Destruction and Mayhem

He has extreme greed but it didn't prevent him from fighting most of the top names in his era. You'd be hard pressed to name 10 fighters in history with objectively better accomplishments and proven ability.

18. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Multiple other threads. :nono:

19. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

500 million

20. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:

Paulie is not that.

21. Destruction and Mayhem

Yeah but esk is predicting that he'd beat Mayweather

22. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    He could. With a baseball bat.

23. esk59

esk59 WBC Champion

Home Page:
    Mayweather is not a top boxer, he's a retired carnival act.

24. esk59

esk59 WBC Champion

Home Page:
    The only thing is, I saw Dana White saying McGregor would make 75 million and Mayweather makes 110 million. If it's such easy work, what is he waiting for? Good point.

Another thing I would like to add is that Mayweather needs McGregor to generate that huge money. Didn't his last fight against Berto only sell 250k PPVs? This means Mayweather is officially scared if he won't take 110 million for an easy fight right?

25. esk59

esk59 WBC Champion

Home Page:
    Mayweather has been washed up for a while now. His once great defense and steroids are the only thing that have kept him able to hide that and prevent from being exposed.

He's retired now and he would be going up against a world class fighter at his prime in McGregor. Also factor in that McGregor is fearless. That is something that creates a problem for anyone.

The only reason some people think it's an easy for Mayweather is because McGregor's not a boxer. However, he's great at striking that's for sure. He has great movement, is intelligent creating angles, is a southpaw with sharp, short powerful shot and has the heart of a lion.

McGregor going into boxing to fight Mayweather is not like a former football, baseball or basketball pro going to boxing. This is a top fighter in the world, actually the star and money man at UFC. This is like when a kickboxer named Vitali Klitschko went into boxing because of money. Don't get confused guys, McGregor is going to win.

26. Double L

Double L Book Reader

So why doesn't mcgregor switch to boxing regardless of the pbf fight?

27. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

cuz he struggled mightily when he sparred an ordinary south african welterweight who got the shit kicked out of him by spence, and realized he aint on the level.

28. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Exactly. Whether pbf and/or mcgregor realize it, this proposed matchup is nothing but a scam.

29. esk59

esk59 WBC Champion

Home Page:
    I don't know but I can take a guess at it. If I were McGregor and I could get a fight with Floyd and make 75 mil, I don't think I would risk that by taking on another fight before.

Also, it's the easiest fight McGregor can take with the highest earning and exposure. If Floyd prices himself out, then McGregor can fight Pacquiao or another high profile boxer and make not 75 million but a lot more than he will in UFC.

30. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

You severly underestimate the talent and skills required to succeed in pro boxing at the highest level. McGregor was getting outboxed at time by Nate Diaz, Malignaggi would whitewashed him. Remember K.J. Noons ?? He was pretty much on the same level as Nick Diaz (maybe even a little bit higher considering he was naturally smaller), yet he got beaten easilly by some unknonw boxer named Countryman when he tried to step up in pro boxing. Don't get me wrong, McGregor might (and I do put a lot of emphassis on the might) have been a good pro boxer considering his physical attributes and skillset had he taken up boxing as his sport several years ago. But just like Vitaly (who's success was greatly based on size, something a fighter below HW can't enjoy to the same extent) simply didn't stormed to the top of the HW division after coming from kickboxing (it took years and years), there's no way McGregor can go from ''boxing'' wrestlers and brawlers in the octogon to beating a world class boxer at his game in such a short time span. There's a natural progression and transition phase that needs to be experienced.

This fight is a hack, and it's sad to see so called boxing fans defending and promoting this travesty of a money grab.