Kelly Pavlik vs Roberto Duran at 160lbs

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

PRIME Pavlik vs the Duran that fought Hagler.

Size and strength vs. All Time Greatness.

What transpires?

2. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    A motivated Duran mugs him and steals his lunch money. Bruising fight but Pavlik would be too eager to get down and dirty with Duran who forgot more about that game on his previous coke binge than Pavlik was ever shown

3. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

I think Pavlik's sheer physical size and jab would be a problem for Duran. But at the same time, Pavlik is not Hearns. It wasn't just Hearns' length and range that were a nightmare for Duran, it was his SPEED. Pavlik is a sloth compared to Hearns, and Duran would definitely be able to get inside at some point and score.

This fight definitely goes the distance. Pavlik wasn't devastating enough a puncher to stop Duran, and Duran is too small to stop big ass Pavlik. But I'll have to side with Hut here, and say that Duran's skill carries the day.

4. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    I don't think there's any way duran stops him. It's a close but fair decision win then both guys go to the hospital

5. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I'm torn on this one. I lean towards Pavlik though simply based on the size difference. He's so much bigger than Duran it's not funny.

Agreed with X...that Pavlik is no Hearns and that it was Hearns' speed as much as his height and reach that gave Duran fits. Different fight here. I think Pavlik wins a close decision.

6. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    The Barkley Duran gives him just about all he can handle but may be too much of a spurt fighter to convince the judges... A younger Duran beats him clear as a bell, the gulf in skills is enormous