Chris Eubank (Snr) vs Jake Lamotta

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

What transpires?

2. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Well, assuming it's the hungry contending LaMotta and not the meatball-inhaling, complacent champ LaMotta, I think he forces a pace that Eubank struggles to handle while also occasionally confusing him by backing off and looking to counter ... Eubank liked to pose but I think that was usually a showboating mechanism against shit opposition, his idea of ring generalship... LaMotta affords him no such luxury

3. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Lamotta was in a different class than the absurdly overrated Eubank.

Lamotta was actually a better technician than Eubank, despite having a "brawler" reputation.

Eubank's lisping ass didn't have a tiny FRACTION of the talent and skills of Robinson.

4. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Histrionic boxing writers of the day and the people they influenced along with Raging Bull have turned Jake LaMotta into this crazed palooka caveman who just ate punches and wore opponents down with Italian machismo... Carmen Basilio has suffered a similar fate... Viewing of the actul fights of these two wonderful fighters tells quite a different story... Yes, both were astonishingly tough but they were both crafty pros, clever and smart and most importantly, quite skilled

5. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

You can group Marciano in there also as a guy who has a face first reputation, but was actually a crafty technician.

Of course, Marciano had something that both Lamotta and Basillo lacked.... the equalizer in both hands.

6. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Definitely... Marciano, like Basilio improved on the job... Roland LaStarza noted a huge difference in Marciano between their first, contentious match and the brutal beating he took in the rematch, said his skills had improved by miles

Marciano was definitely a great puncher... Basilio was pretty heavy handed but not a KO puncher where as Lamotta usually needed accumulation

7. Destruction and Mayhem

Yeah I've been Hearing that LaMotta and Basilio were actually like Whitaker and Pep in that ring; slick elusive motherfuckers

8. Destruction and Mayhem

Yeah, and I might add that people also seem to forget Marciano invented the Ali shuffle

9. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Lamotta easy. An iron chinned guy with a great work rate and inside game is pretty much kryptonite for Eubanks.

Disagreed about Marciano. Guy wasn't very good at all